The PS3 "super patch"

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hey Forum members,

I don't believe we will put together a change log because it would require too many resources to pull the data and properly list it. There has been a huge amount of changes and we are still working on resolving several issues.

As far as whether we are able to be on the PlayStation Store this month, I will give an update at the end of the week if it's still possible as we are still trying to determine the cause of the white water crash. Ultimately if the table does crash during submission, Sony will not approve and we may be delayed so just a heads up.

On another note, which table would everyone say looked the worst?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I will give an update at the end of the week if it's still possible as we are still trying to determine the cause of the white water crash.

Thanks for your hard work!

On another note, which table would everyone say looked the worst?

From the 1st season:

Washed colors (contrast/luminosity problem)
1st - Taxi
2nd - HD
3rd - NGG

Worst tables look:

1st - BK
2nd - CV (but the neon thing is perfect)

The others tables are OK, and some are gorgeous. :p

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Black Knight looks the worst by far. Genie is the second worst. I don't think anything is wrong with Cirqus Voltaire. Harley and Taxi are the most washed out looking and No Good Gophers is too but not as bad in my opinion. The washed out look doesn't bother me as much as the bright colors of Black Knight and Genie though.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I would definitely agree that Black Knight is the worst. It's overly bright in some ways and there's a black mess covering up one of the dragons.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Which would you say that Black Knight looks best on? PC or PS4?

Don't personally have either of those...screenshots anywhere?
Looked quite good on the old Williams collection though. Had vibrant colors and no scorched black parts.

Edit: plus you could see the top flipper.
Edit 2: looked at some videos and PC looks as bad as PS3, PS4 is a hair better but still......not good at all. Don't use those as measuring sticks.

Edit:3 Added some videos as a example. PS4 looks even more washed out... Sorry bout the quad post (I feel bad) but I think it need to be pointed out.
If ya look at the Williams collection is looks miles better than any of the current builds. Can you base whatever you do off that? Hell ... I would be fine if you just used the old assets.

PS3 Pinball Arcade

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Night and Day, ya thats a big difference. I joined the team after PHOF. I'll bring this up to our art team and see what answers I can get. And thanks for all the videos and info!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Changes are coming, heres a quick screen shot of one change. Im aiming for a brighter lighting pass and a complete lamp re-texture. Heres a picture of the sword re-texture thats not currently in everyone's build. We will continue to look at it and try to get some more juice in this old Knight.

View attachment 105

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
You rock Flippy Floppy :) multiplier lights are looking nice. Looking forward to what ya come up with.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Black Knight looks the worst by far. Genie is the second worst.

Oh my, how can I forget Genie, the table on which you need sunglasses to play! o_O Sorry.

I don't think anything is wrong with Cirqus Voltaire.

I find the playfield too much darkened, in comparison of the same lighting routine on the others tables. But maybe it's in order to make the neon light FX look great.

Harley and Taxi are the most washed out looking and No Good Gophers is too but not as bad in my opinion. The washed out look doesn't bother me as much as the bright colors of Black Knight and Genie though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taxi was so better looking on PHoF > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYaM34bDeg&t=01m50s

And Taxi on TPA PS3 > www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lCRyVlfxg&t=03m01s (Note: the video is not desaturated!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly the same problem with NGG on PHoF > www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoc73fd6AfY&t=01m50s

And on TPA PS3 > www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHNc7rWh3gM&t=02m59s

We can't compare HD for obvious reasons, but we have screenshots from Tabe here > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-some-PS3-tables?p=38336&viewfull=1#post38336

In my opinion, it looks as bad as the messy art of BK (but it's just a general luminosity/contrast fix, no need to rework the asset, I hope).

Last edited:

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
Yeah Genie looks so bad that I rarely want to play it. And Black Knight of course.

Harley is unplayable in its current form, so how it looks is secondary to me.

T2 looks rather pinkish overall to me.

Taxi's "washed out" look didn't really bother me that much.

STtNG and Cactus Canyon annoy me because I often can't see where the ball is exactly at near bottom left/right due to the guns and stuff. Probably nothing much to be done there, just posting what comes to mind.

Some games, like Pinbot/Bride of Pinbot for instance look the best I've ever seen them. There are certainly works of art in these season packs, with only a few visual duds here and there. I'd say I'm about 90% pleased overall.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts