World Cup Soccer, Gltich or Hidden Mode?

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
Last night I had something really weird happen while playing World Cup Soccer. I was just wondering if there's anyone more familiar with the game who could shed any light on this? Glitch or Hidden Mode?

I went into multiball. At some point during multiball a ball appeared in the launcher. I thought, okay, I'll launch it. As soon as I did another ball was sent into the launcher. I had 3 or 4 balls in play with one in the launcher. The pattern I started noticing was that whenever I lost a ball a new one would enter the launcher. I was keeping the launch ball as a safety net, but when I'd lose a ball then two would be ready to launch simultaneously. You can't physically launch more than one ball at once, so I'd launch one ball, keep one in the launcher, and play with 3 or 4 balls. Every time I'd lose a ball a new second ball would pop into the launcher.

This went on for what seemed like five to ten minutes and ended when either "the mode" timed out, or because I accidently launched my "safety net" ball. It felt like I was invincible, and I ended with an incredible score. This was some of the most fun I've ever had playing pinball. Just writing it out, it seems really convoluted though. This has to be a glitch, right?

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
Last night I had something really weird happen while playing World Cup Soccer. I was just wondering if there's anyone more familiar with the game who could shed any light on this? Glitch or Hidden Mode?

I went into multiball. At some point during multiball a ball appeared in the launcher. I thought, okay, I'll launch it. As soon as I did another ball was sent into the launcher. I had 3 or 4 balls in play with one in the launcher. The pattern I started noticing was that whenever I lost a ball a new one would enter the launcher. I was keeping the launch ball as a safety net, but when I'd lose a ball then two would be ready to launch simultaneously. You can't physically launch more than one ball at once, so I'd launch one ball, keep one in the launcher, and play with 3 or 4 balls. Every time I'd lose a ball a new second ball would pop into the launcher.

This went on for what seemed like five to ten minutes and ended when either "the mode" timed out, or because I accidently launched my "safety net" ball. It felt like I was invincible, and I ended with an incredible score. This was some of the most fun I've ever had playing pinball. Just writing it out, it seems really convoluted though. This has to be a glitch, right?

I've played this game quite a bit, and I used to own it. Sounds like you're describing the World Cup Final mode.
http://pinball.org/rules/worldcupsoccer.html

5 ball timed multiball against Germany for 45 seconds. You plunge the balls yourself (manual plunger remember) and goals are worth 75M. Every once in a while Germany will score a goal. If you end the 45 seconds with more goals than Germany you get a bonus of 500M!!!! Yowza! If you end in a tie, overtime is started and the first team to score a goal wins.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
Thank you for the link. While I do really like WCS, I can't say I know it inside and out. That does sound quite a bit like what was happening. My perception of time could have been off, but I swear it seemed longer. Then again, I truly have no sense of time in an arcade.

Also, I was having a good game, but I didn't feel like I was anywhere near a final mode. I'm going to go back and try to reproduce it. If that really is the final mode, then wow, that game is even more amazing than I initially thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts