180 sec standard goal - most difficult SG ever?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Isn't the 180 sec standard goal one of the most difficult standard goals so far? Competing with the FunHouse "gulp", Flight2000 "drop target" and TOTAN Harem multiball.

K

Korven

Agreed. Took me forever to get it, in the same game I also got some wiz goals I'll probably won't get again any time soon.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Harem multiball for TOTAN was tougher for me.

Harem multiball is a *****,plain and simple. Since I now have all TPA tables on my iPad, I've been working on clearing all of the standard goals off of each table. I'm saving TOTAN for last. :)

Back on topic,though - that 180 seconds is just killer. If you can't keep three squirrels in play its near impossible to do it. I do have hope though - I got up to 160 seconds during my last game.

N

netizen

If the god-damned pop bumpers weren't so slack it probably wouldn't take as long as it does, and there wouldn't be that SDTM drain with the first ball.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
If the god-damned pop bumpers weren't so slack it probably wouldn't take as long as it does, and there wouldn't be that SDTM drain with the first ball.

I've started nudging the table right after the first ball comes out to stop the SDTM drain. That helps somewhat...

N

netizen

I've started nudging the table right after the first ball comes out to stop the SDTM drain. That helps somewhat...

And leaves the potential for the tilt bug during launch.
Which goes back the statement about the pop bumpers being slack ...

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
it's not as bad as harem multiball. not even close. ive only played the table a couple times, but ive been up to 160 seconds.

- dont get distracted by balls in the upper playfield area. those amber targets are gonna be the last set you complete, but its not worth losing balls over.
- gotta nudge at the start to avoid SDTM :/
- mid right flipper is fantastic for hitting captive ball and restarting muliball. otherwise, aim for those white targets that light either gate. thats your best shot at getting back to multiball.
- green targets are the riskiest, and they will happen a lot without trying. try NOT to aim for them.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
one last general suggestion: i stay focused on the lower flipper area all the time to avoid drains, but i flip the right 3 flippers liberally and semi-randomly to pick up the blue / amber / grey targets.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I honestly didn't have much trouble with this one since I was able to get it by consistently re-activating the multiball targets on the table.

By my 4th game i had completed the goal.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
And leaves the potential for the tilt bug during launch.
Which goes back the statement about the pop bumpers being slack ...

I got the tilt bug for the first time after posting in here,so I can see what you are talking about. I'm assuming though, that the pop bumpers play like that on the actual table. Anyways...I finally earned an extra squirrel during my last game,so now all I have to do is this standard goal.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Harem multiball is the worst standard goal but this definitely is a tricky one to achieve as well. I did it on the original collection and haven't put a great deal of time on the TPA version yet. I remember it took a while to get though. If you drain one ball you need to do that much more work. Drain 2 balls and might as well not even go after it on that play.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I (finally) got the 180 second "standard" goal...woo hoo! Then I saw what the wizard goals are...and quickly lost interest. :) This game is an interesting concept...there needs to be something more to "do" methinks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Grrr....this seems to be another Genie. Impossible, annoying and deadly boring. Still better than Genie, though, since it doesn't drain just that easily.

Hope we will see the end of these old Gottlieb's soon!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, the 360 sec and 500k bonus goal (meaning 250 sec) does not seem to be all that interesting. Any strategies to keep the balls alive and score those seconds?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Bump! Finally got the 180 seconds after a simply stupid amount of playing. Jaw dropped when I saw the wizard goals. Anyone here able to get 360?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
This is the only standard goal left that I have on TPA (iOS). I have all released tables. I plan on plugging away here & there until I get it done.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
The 360s Wizard goal might not be the most difficult one but it must the be the runner-up for the most boring goal to go after (after the Genie 3M-goal of course). Pointlessly shooting drop targets, occasionally re-start multiballs but more likely drain and re-do. But, hey, it's all accompanied by some awesome music at least.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Just now: 3,578,430, my best score by about 1.5 million. Racked up over 170 seconds twice on one ball. Twice!. Did not get the 180 seconds goal.

My first ball was the worst/best. I hit 178 seconds and choked, but held on to one ball. Restarted multi-ball at about 60 seconds and fought my way back to 174. Choked. The clock fell to about 20 seconds and I climbed back up to over 150 seconds. Valiantly I fought on but watched the whole of the 150 seconds tick away. Maybe the longest time I've spent on one ball in ANY game.

I really like Goin' Nuts, but it's 1 am. Time for bed. Well, maybe one more game. If I post again at 2 am I hope it's good news.

Members online

Members online