2 things I love about playing pinball

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
Two things I love about playing pinball

Light effects. I will have to wait for DX11 to enjoy it.

The other one is short noisy quickly changing sound effects. This is something I liked about System 11 tables. The faster action the more sound effects. You just have to keep the ball rolling. :) Like in Fun House when you do a 2-way and then a 3-way combo or the "extra ball is lit" sound effects. Some more modern machines were lacking of it, however hopefully some newer Stern machines are similar to System 11 in this area. Grand Prix and Terminator 3 are the best examples.

I connected a 7.1 sound system with a large subwoofer (the one I use with my TV to watch movies) with my PC. I played RBION on a mobile device and I didn't like it before but now I enjoy it on PC.

Sound effects + lights is what makes me wanting to play the table again. Then comes the layout and table rules.

What do you like about pinball the most?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I like when there are cool effects and music.
Nice dmd animation.
When a table goes berzerk like the multiball in twilight zone or addams family.
Basically I like when there is something going on. When there is complex rules.
I don't like the old old mechanical table.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Two things I love about playing pinball

Light effects. I will have to wait for DX11 to enjoy it.

The other one is short noisy quickly changing sound effects. This is something I liked about System 11 tables. The faster action the more sound effects. You just have to keep the ball rolling. :) Like in Fun House when you do a 2-way and then a 3-way combo or the "extra ball is lit" sound effects. Some more modern machines were lacking of it, however hopefully some newer Stern machines are similar to System 11 in this area. Grand Prix and Terminator 3 are the best examples.

I connected a 7.1 sound system with a large subwoofer (the one I use with my TV to watch movies) with my PC. I played RBION on a mobile device and I didn't like it before but now I enjoy it on PC.

Sound effects + lights is what makes me wanting to play the table again. Then comes the layout and table rules.

What do you like about pinball the most?

That has to be an epileptic's worst nightmare, but I really like it! The sound when you're standing in front of it must be incredible, too!

The two things I love about playing pinball...one would be the competition. There's me against another player, me against the machine, me against my best score and it's going on all at the same time. Another is the atmosphere. Yes, I'd love to have my own table, but until that time comes, I am relegated to playing at the dwindling amount of arcades in my part of the world or those establishments that serve a little bit of food, but a lot of drinks. And the older I get, the less I prefer to be in either places. So that's what makes TPA so appealing to me.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Those incredibly lucky saves. I was playing Doctor Strange last night on Zen Pinball 2, the ball was dancing on the outpost, I quickly lane changed so the last unlit lane was on the outlane the ball was about to head down (keep in mind there are 12 lane lights on this table, in true Zen style)... KICKBACK ACTIVATED! KICKBACK! Part quick thinking, part luck. But I felt amazing afterwards.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I like pinball because it's a good compliment to my other hobby. Both involve man and his machine working to make well placed shots.
Yeah, I'm into firearms as well. Pinball just happens to be a lot more fun and less deadly.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I like pinball because it's a good compliment to my other hobby. Both involve man and his machine working to make well placed shots.
Yeah, I'm into firearms as well. Pinball just happens to be a lot more fun and less deadly.

The Pinball Arcade is a lot cheaper too. Happyness Is A Warm Gun

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts