3 yrs old today!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I think it'd be interesting to hear from people how they found out about it way back then. For me it was just a right-place-right-time type of thing. I had just gotten a new smartphone and was downloading random apps. So I just happened to type in pinball, and TPA came up. And it's not like I was a huge gamer. Went through my call of duty phase, but I've always been more into handheld stuff. IIRC, there were 6 or 7 tables in the library. I seem to remember MM being in there, but I'm not sure

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
How I found TPA -
I was in a bed & breakfast in Keswick in Oct/Nov 2011 and saw an article about its pending release online.
Found I'd missed the beta applications by about a day (gutted). Waited patiently for 3 months only on day of release to find it didn't appear in my devices app store because it was over 25mb (htc desire S), so had to mod my devices build.prop file to fool the play store into letting me actually play it.
Loved season 1. Other seasons have had there moments, but have been a progressive let down since unfortunately.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well for me i followed jeff minters twitter(of gridrunnker and tempest 2k fame) it was a post about blackhole, i was like heyyy cool and bops out soon....so i figured id just buy one or teo

i lost count at 100 tables

im not addicted ive nit biught much if season 4

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Feels longer for some reason.
A lot of bug reports and RFEs under the bridge since then, mate. ;)

I can practically call TPA my "second job" (that I don't get paid for).

Strangely I keep coming back. And I keep paying them for the privilege each year. Up front! Can't be all that bad considering... :D

That, or I'm certifiably insane.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
A friend got me into it when it was just out, and now it's part of my (semi)daily routine. Was very much into VP(M) before but the fact I can take out the iPad and play anywhere (well with WIFI offcourse) trumps VP hands down. Almost no hassles installing and almost watertight leaderboard and HOF points system. I'll buy anything that comes out and hope they stay in business for at least 3 more seasons, hopefully more. Aside from some recent frustrations with bugs, shaky updates and things not fixed, I applaud the overall quality and care that is clearly put into the recreations. I hope they do well on TAF's release and that they maybe can take some time to put things in order on all platforms.
Let's hear it for TPA!
Cheers, Slam23

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
well for me i followed jeff minters twitter(of gridrunnker and tempest 2k fame) it was a post about blackhole, i was like heyyy cool and bops out soon....so i figured id just buy one or teo

i lost count at 100 tables

im not addicted ive nit biught much if season 4

Jeff Minter is still alive? And not only alive, but tweeting about pinball?!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
lol very much so lol and a member of this forum,

for you i believe the new gridrunner is free on andorid, he has the minitaur project on ios too

txk on the ps vita and i think so occulus rift

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
lol very much so lol and a member of this forum,

for you i believe the new gridrunner is free on andorid, he has the minitaur project on ios too

txk on the ps vita and i think so occulus rift

There's a new Gridrunner? It has llamas, yeah? If so, bye TPA, been nice knowin' y'all.

jordyn11

Feb 9, 2013
Wow, that has flown by, huh. One thing to say it is shame that this particular forum has gone downhill a lot in terms activity, especially since the move to make beta testing private. It seems the mods are too busy in other areas to update the stickies on releases, which adds to tumble weed feel.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
how I found it!? wow good question. I really can't remember how I found TPA!

perhaps whilst I was looking for Devil Crash on PC ENGINE emulator or Pinball Fantasies on Amiga emulator, I stumbled across it.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Found TPA randomly searching pinball apps for my then new iPad. Played the big shot demo and was hooked (it was a table I played IRL years ago).
Now it's part of my daily routine (as well as checking out the forum). Would love to see more EM's and SS's, yet relish every new release.

Members online

Members online