iOS - Bug 4.4.0 Crashes on plunge, many tables

ieure

Feb 18, 2014
I haven't gone through every table, since I have the first three seasons, but many tables I've tried playing post-4.4.0 update crash on plunge.

At least:

Big Shot
Who Dunnit
Attack From Mars
Starship Troopers

All crash immediately on plunge.

I'm on an iPad Mini 3, latest OS, TPA 4.4.0. TPA was working fine yesterday before the update.

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I was advised to back up my game data, delete the app, and re-install. This worked, and so far everything is working. I have no idea why this happened. One minute everything was fine and then suddenly every table would crash on the plunge. I'm on iOS 7.0.6.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I was advised to back up my game data, delete the app, and re-install. This worked, and so far everything is working. I have no idea why this happened. One minute everything was fine and then suddenly every table would crash on the plunge. I'm on iOS 7.0.6.

About to to try this - when I "back up save data" do I do local or remote?

Basically what's the best way to do this so I don't lose local scores, standard/wizard goals or hof points?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
About to to try this - when I "back up save data" do I do local or remote?

Basically what's the best way to do this so I don't lose local scores, standard/wizard goals or hof points?

Both but what worked for me after re-installing all tables plus app only remote worked. I think perhaps the reason only some people, including those with the same devise and same iOS version are having problems is because perhaps those who have the app that was free aren't while I have the paid for version did. Kind of explains a lot. Just a theory. Those of you that have no problems, which version of TPA are u using? Free or paid for?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Both but what worked for me after re-installing all tables plus app only remote worked. I think perhaps the reason only some people, including those with the same devise and same iOS version are having problems is because perhaps those who have the app that was free aren't while I have the paid for version did. Kind of explains a lot. Just a theory. Those of you that have no problems, which version of TPA are u using? Free or paid for?

The initial device I downloaded ST for was an immediate paid purchase (don't need to try before I buy with TPA - come on its a simulation of a real pinball table!). and got the plunge crash bug -2nd and 3rd iOS devices I loaded ST on we're fine - weird thing was that this caused all my tables to fail - I think that initial purchase was the culprit.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
It did to me as well. I had to delete the app then re-install and manually re-download all tables. Not too bad. Between 1-3 seconds per table.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
It did to me as well. I had to delete the app then re-install and manually re-download all tables. Not too bad. Between 1-3 seconds per table.

Ok, how do you manually reload all the tables? Do you go to each one and select "buy now" or go to manage tables and "download now"?

And did you lose any data - local high scores, hof, or goals?

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I was prepared. I did a save game backup local and remote. I use the free app on iPad Air with iOS 8.

Updated to new version. Every table I tried crashed on plunge.

Delete app. Re download. Restore save game data. Had to fix camera and other settings but now everything is working. Pretty terrible bug, Farsight.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just wanted to confirm bug and mentioned fix. I'm pretty OCD now about doing remote backups...
Not all is well though. This update messed up Firepower for example, targets stay lit between games and multiball is not activated. Phantom of the Opera is probably still not fixed. Other tables may have trouble also, I only played Firepower by accident because of shutyertrap's "game of the week" project.
Lates iOS, iPad Air 2

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Had bug while playing firepower. I scored 350k which is not even top 5 on my HS and it gave me 77 hof points. When I looked at my hof total I now had 77. Luckily I was able to again restore my saved games from remote and it rest my hof points.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Edit. Do NOT update to iOS 8.x. Way to many problems not ONLY with TPA from what I hear!! ;)

Last edited:

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
I updated to 4.4.0 and iOS 8.1.2 on both my iPad 4 and iPhone 5s. TPA updated and plays fine on my iPad. I experienced an immediate crash of the app on my iPhone 5s upon plunging. The ball would travel halfway up the ramp and then the entire app would crash to the home screen. This would happen on every table. I was able to fix the problem by deleting and reinstalling the app and re-downloading every table that I own (all of them), which took some time. After that, it seems to run well. I would definitely say that there is a bug somewhere.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
There's a lot of evidence that the bugs only affect newer generation devices like iPad mini retina, both iPad Air 1 & 2 and apparently also iPhone 5 and above.

R

Rhandos

While while reinstalling solved the problem on my 5s, all my hall of fame scores are gone now, despite restoring save data. Why isn't this saved in the same place as table goals, on the FarSight account or in Game Center?

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
There's a lot of evidence that the bugs only affect newer generation devices like iPad mini retina, both iPad Air 1 & 2 and apparently also iPhone 5 and above.

I had this identical problem two weeks ago on an iPad 2 (not Air) running iOS 7.0.6. I'm also running the version of TPA that introduced Earthshaker. I have not updated to ST.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
While while reinstalling solved the problem on my 5s, all my hall of fame scores are gone now, despite restoring save data. Why isn't this saved in the same place as table goals, on the FarSight account or in Game Center?

That happened to me. From the options menu try updating your score sets from the remote option. I had manually saved mine but I had finished off some goals since I last updated which leads me to believe it does it automatically

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.