5 planet nuked wizard goal

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I haven't been able to figure out what this Wizard Goal actually means. Does it mean you need to shoot 5 nukes on one planet or nuke at least once on every planet (basically going to Planet P)? What if one planet is skipped?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
When ever you clear a planet to zero bugs, you get the message on the DMD to either shoot the left nuke hole to nuke the planet, or shoot the right recon hole to move onto the next planet.

Any planets you skipped nuking will get nuked when you do finally nuke a planet. The jackpot amount goes up an insane amount for every planet you defer nuking.

Skip nuking the first 4 planets, nuke the 5th planet to nuke them all at once, massive jackpot.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
When ever you clear a planet to zero bugs, you get the message on the DMD to either shoot the left nuke hole to nuke the planet, or shoot the right recon hole to move onto the next planet.

Any planets you skipped nuking will get nuked when you do finally nuke a planet. The jackpot amount goes up an insane amount for every planet you defer nuking.

Skip nuking the first 4 planets, nuke the 5th planet to nuke them all at once, massive jackpot.

Sweet. Thanks tom

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks, TomL! This basically makes this WG the same as the Klendathu goal then. I mean, once you have finished off the first 5 planets Klendathu is lit and you only need to reach Klendathu, not "complete" it in order to tick that WG off.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks, TomL! This basically makes this WG the same as the Klendathu goal then. I mean, once you have finished off the first 5 planets Klendathu is lit and you only need to reach Klendathu, not "complete" it in order to tick that WG off.

No - you can reach Klendathu by clearing 5 planets of bugs and advancing each planet however you want... whether you stack planets for a big payoff Planet Multiball, or play Planet Multiball one planet at a time, or any combination of that.

Or you can reach Klendathu from the Recon Level 6 award, which also completes the goal (plus leaves your "regular" progress towards Klendathu intact).

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks for the clarification.

This is the best of all Stern games in my opinion. It has a nice balance in terms of gameplay and a cool final goal. I don't like the bounciness of the flippers or the multiple SDTM shots very much but it's a good pinball game. Trying for the final Wizard goal (got Klendathu through Recon) is highly affecting my nerves though! The game has some major frustration build-up in terms of trying to get those planets only to get the attempts destroyed in two drain balls just thereafter.

As opposed to Phantom (which I have given up all attempts at the final two WG's) this keeps luring me back for more punishment!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I still don't get this WG though. I just reached Klendathu without using the Recon 6-award. Thus, I finished bugs on all 5 planets and had the nuke multiball in the 5th planet. I did however have a sucky multiball and never hit any nuke target on that one.

Does one need to hit at least one nuke for each planet? Does one need to "load up" all 5 planets and throw a nuke multiball for all 5 to tick this WG off?

Has anyone done it and lived to tell?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Oh, ****. So the WG is not only to start a planet multiball on Planet P but to do so without accidently activating it before! Damn, that is going to be tricky!! I got fooled by it only being the second one on the list. Getting Klendathu, in comparison, is a piece of cake.

I often complain about the weird WG Farsight puts up that don't really make sense and sometimes are not so much about skills but luck or just perseverance. This one, however, will take some mad skills! I am going to hate loving this one :)

Btw, the ramp-ramp-recon Standard Goal must have been one of the trickiest SG since Going Nuts 180s. I just lucked out on that one and have only made it once ever since.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Oh, ****. So the WG is not only to start a planet multiball on Planet P but to do so without accidently activating it before! Damn, that is going to be tricky!!

Yep, that's exactly what the goal is.

I got fooled by it only being the second one on the list.

The goal list is always in some arbitrary order. I don't think FS attempt to make it in some kind of ascending order of difficulty.

Getting Klendathu, in comparison, is a piece of cake.

True, but you're more likely to roll it from Recon Level 6.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, hitting the 5 lit nuke shots during Planet Mball sounds tough.

As far as I got it, that's not what the WG is about. It's about activating a Planet multiball on Planet P without having it activated on any of the previous planets. It's tricky enough to get as far as Planet P (only made that 1-2 times) but to do that without accidently activating multiball on any of them. Phew!

The strategy I use for this WG is to go for the ramps and try to get Recon Level 1 (Spot species) or better yet Recon Level 3 (Spot planet). The bug targets get hit anyway. If I only have a few yellow ones left (the right target is quite easy and safe) I go for them. I also try to make sure I get the Ramp extra ball (outside of the obvious point extra ball). 10x bonus extra ball is difficult enough to not chase specifically.

If there are any good short-cuts I would love to hear about them, I need all the help I can get on this WG!

Eldar: Regarding, Klendathu. I meant I though that WG was easier than the Nuke-5-WG since it can be achieved through RL6. Even without RL it would have been easier since it is just one more shot after this WG, and it doesn't matter if you have activated planet multiballs before.

Anyway, the best and most challenging WG since Battle of the King (?) on MM!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
As far as I got it, that's not what the WG is about. It's about activating a Planet multiball on Planet P without having it activated on any of the previous planets.

I defer to you, as you're much further along than I am. I was going to try using pro mode ball control to cheat the super nuke jackpot, but that will not tell us anything about the WG unfortunately. :(

Members online

Members online