A Disabled Tilt mode with separate Off/Online Scoreboards?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
yeah jeffery get with the beat 8bd has been hit out of the park imo, i cant remember the last time i was afraid of a house ball in tpa

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Tilt is a penalty in pinball that causes a loss of ball and bonus, or end of game from aggressive nudging. Nudge is a term to discribe a strategical movement of the machine to get the desired action of the ball. Just want to make sure we are on the same page regarding terminology.

A pinball game with no nudging at all would be tough, but an even playing field is always good. Nice idea :)

Nudging is bit of a mouthful to speak and to type..., but not only that it's also a dirty word and not a nice one at that lol. That's why we got this far before anyone felt the need to say anything.

The thing is, where I come from most people will say tilt, and tilted is the penalty. If you tell someone who is playing video game pinball that tilt is on the Space Bar, X/Y/Z Button, D-pad or Thumb Stick then they know actually what you mean. Game manuals may rightly so call it Nudge or Nudging but who reads manuals... :p

It's something I'm used to saying and I'm not about to change at the age of 46, much like the word pants are an undergarment and not trousers.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
As far as a higher difficulty mode with a separate leaderboard, I don't think it'll ever happen. Mediocre DLC is more important than quality features. And that's why I haven't played this game for like 2 years.

I agree. I did see and read your original topic and it was an interesting read, just it was asking a great deal more than I would ever dream of asking. Also, being late to the party I thought I'd say me bit as a just in case, like you do. We can hope... :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Nudging is bit of a mouthful to speak and to type..., but not only that it's also a dirty word and not a nice one at that lol. That's why we got this far before anyone felt the need to say anything.

The thing is, where I come from most people will say tilt, and tilted is the penalty. If you tell someone who is playing video game pinball that tilt is on the Space Bar, X/Y/Z Button, D-pad or Thumb Stick then they know actually what you mean. Game manuals may rightly so call it Nudge or Nudging but who reads manuals... :p

It's something I'm used to saying and I'm not about to change at the age of 46, much like the word pants are an undergarment and not trousers.

Oh, sure, I get what you're saying, but there is an option in TPA to turn off "tilt". And turning it off it doesn't mean you can't nudge the table. Just the opposite in fact. This is where the grammar stickling comes in.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Indeed, turning off tilt in TPA means the penalty that would normally stop play will not be triggered. Bash, push, knock and bump away as much as you like mode. :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Indeed, turning off tilt in TPA means the penalty that would normally stop play will not be triggered. Bash, push, knock and bump away as much as you like mode. :)

I prefer "shake it like a bad nanny"

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Ha! I can see a load of grannies at it right now, Shake it like a polaroid picture!

Would make a great TV commercial for the game. :p

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
While the idea sounds nice, I think overall, the best players who nudge will end up being the best players who don't nudge. Nudging helps keep a ball alive and to help with the Multiplier lanes. It doesn't help when make shots nearly as much. The timing and aiming is still in the timing and aiming.

What it'd help to do, however, is prepare people like me for the real table, where the nudging is no where near as effective (if I even bothered to nudge).

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I have never used nudge or tilted a machine IRL. The arcades usually have the machines right next to each other so I can never give it an effective bump.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
It's possible when the machines are locked tight right next to each other. You have to use force to make it move, just don't expect any accuracy... It's like trying shift a piano or an old solid wood wardrobe without out any wheels when they are this close to each other.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts