A little disappointed

Ccv

May 7, 2013
I bought Medieval Madness when it stopped being table of the month. At the time, there was no choice to but a "pro" version, but I noticed that it had all the pro features. I thought I was pretty cheap that it auto converted to the non pro version on the next update. Admittedly I didn't know what I was buying, but the table presented to me at the time I purchased it was not the table I ended up with after the next update.

Also, I have to say that the operators menu and the ball control are probably enough to get most people to buy the pro version. The inability to explore the table without paying the extra fee really detracts, especially when trying to learn the game. When these games were in the arcade, we could explore the play field all we wanted for free. It doesn't seem like being able to read the text on the play field should be a premium option.

Other than the above, I think it's a great game. You should just be a little more up front about what is actually being purchased.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i purchase the pro edition for the explore table option. As you said in the arcade i could study the playfield long as no one was using the machine(s). As far as control the ball that goes overboard and is NOT pinball anymore. That should NOT be a feature its getting absurd. Changing any of the pro menu settings in the "coin box" disqualify you from any leaderboards for example changing from 3 to 5 balls so i don't touch those settings either.

Ccv

May 7, 2013
I used the explore feature to my heart's content before my pro version reverted. I guess it's not so much that they offer it as an option, but at the time I bought the table, they didn't say that there was a pro version and that the table I was buying was the non pro.

Even after I bought it I was able to access the pro features when the Stern motorcycle table was table of the month. As soon as attack from mars became table of the month, my medieval madness reverted to non-pro. It's just not very professional in my opinion. Now that I know how the app works and how the pricing model works, I'm not as surprised.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts