A new app on the way from Stern and Farsight

invitro

May 4, 2012
Here is a message and response I saw, from December 4:

David Pannozzoto Stern Pinball
December 4 at 5:54pm · Punta Gorda, FL ·

Hi Guys at Stern, is their going to be any news on Farsight's The Stern Pinball Arcade. I heard their was news on this coming very soon, I know you guys don't say much about speculation. But at Freeplay Florida Gary said if all goes well we should have info on this very soon, Freeplay Florida was in November. Thank you for any info you can say, even if it's just to wet are appetites.

Stern Pinball Well, as Gary said... things are in the works (details). But yes, expect some news soon! It's going to be very exciting!

2 · December 4 at 7:56pm

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just seen Sterns facebook,it said,mobile and ipad first ,Jared is a lot closer than the rest of us when said the app about mid 2016 !!!!:cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
just seen Sterns facebook,it said,mobile and ipad first ,Jared is a lot closer than the rest of us when said the app about mid 2016 !!!!:cool:

mobile first? or mobile only ...

"At the moment plans are for a mobile/iPad app. Stay tuned for more info later!"

mid 2016? Did you find more informations on Facebook?

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
sorry Biff no,it`s bloody hard to find anything.everyone from Stern and Farsight seem to be virgins reguarding anything coming out of there mouths about this app LOL HEHE !!!!!:cool:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Being a PC only user, I'm disappointed.

Come on, Stern. Don't let us PC users down here. We want our pinball, too, you know!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I think this is just abit of a soft touch reality check for us. I expect no news on the PC front till next Christmas 2016 from the sounds of it, if ever.
Which means to me its basically vaporware.
I like VP's Christmas news so much more :)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m going to put the app to back of my (plenty of empty space there)head,so when it comes out ,I`ll be pleasantly surprised !!! we got heaps of tables to play with in the meantime.:p

invitro

May 4, 2012
Not so bad if you can play with a controller.

Sometimes I think that people underestimate the terror that many PC users like myself feel when contemplating being severed from their beloved semi-open operating systems. :) Anyway, I'll engage in a thought experiment: what if I purchased a mobile or iPad thingy for the sole purpose of playing SPA? Hmm. My first question would be: what is the largest screen available for one of this guys? Probably the biggest personal horror I feel when envisioning pinball on mobile is the teeny tiny screens that I think are representative.

(I hope I don't have nightmares now. :()

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sometimes I think that people underestimate the terror that many PC users like myself feel when contemplating being severed from their beloved semi-open operating systems. :) Anyway, I'll engage in a thought experiment: what if I purchased a mobile or iPad thingy for the sole purpose of playing SPA? Hmm. My first question would be: what is the largest screen available for one of this guys? Probably the biggest personal horror I feel when envisioning pinball on mobile is the teeny tiny screens that I think are representative.

(I hope I don't have nightmares now. :()

So the first aspect is OS ecosystem choice.

If you already have apple devices, the largest screen would be the iPad Pro.

If you have an Android, then the range of screen sizes can go as large as 24". But these large screen hybrid Android devices are often an emulated Android OS rather than native.

You could easily get something like a Shield Tablet which has an HDMI out port and play through your TV, or any HDMI monitor. Couple that with the Shield Tablet controller and you have a console gaming environment in your hand. The size of a Shield Tablet screen is 16:10 8".

I've been playing TPA on various tablets since it's release. I have never felt the experience was lacking, except for some of the graphical bling you can get on the PC and current-gen consoles.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I would go to a store that sells iPad Air 2 and ask if they would put the free TPA app on one of them to try. With screen size you have to figure in the fact that you will hold a tablet more near than looking at a PC monitor. I'm thinking about doing the same with an iPad Pro. I remember someone posting good results for TPA on that device despite the fact that the resolution is not up to par (yet). Beware though, as a former heavy PC user I can honestly say that the iPad has invaded my life and partly replaced the PC for me.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Hmm. Thanks very much for the info, Jared & Slam. I guess I'll have to start saving up some money. Next I'll have to see if I can get a Unix-like shell running on one of these newfangled gizmos... :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ahh, but beware the iPad Pro. For with it comes the price of 800 American dollars, and the weight of it will carry a heavy burden upon thee. (Sorry, in the middle of a LOTR marathon right now.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts