A season 6 2-pack proposal

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
This is my suggestion for the next halloween pack, maybe another 2-pack (if TPA makes it that far):

Devil's Dare (Gottlieb 1982)

Since this is an SS table, maybe FarSight can add another SS table.
I'm thinking something they've already done in PHoF. Which would be:

Sorcerer (Williams 1985)

This wouldn't be too much work since Sorcerer was already done, and it fits in nicely with the Halloween theme.

Mainly because Devil's Dare looks like fun and Sorcerer is one of my most wanted tables.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Well, I don't know how likely another two table pack is, but I'd be down with those tables (though I wonder if they'll save two table packs for EM tables, which we need more of in the future).

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Sounds awesome to me! Seems the best chance we have for more 2 packs are Sorcerer, like you say, Jive Time and Ace is High.

To me Devils Dare is good enough for a solo release, then again so is Fireball.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Sorcerer seem fit for a standalone release, too. And we might get Ace High on a two-pack next; they should have added that one instead of El Dorado.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is my suggestion for the next halloween pack, maybe another 2-pack (if TPA makes it that far):

Devil's Dare (Gottlieb 1982)

Since this is an SS table, maybe FarSight can add another SS table.
I'm thinking something they've already done in PHoF. Which would be:

Sorcerer (Williams 1985)

This wouldn't be too much work since Sorcerer was already done, and it fits in nicely with the Halloween theme.

Mainly because Devil's Dare looks like fun and Sorcerer is one of my most wanted tables.

Yes!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Yeah Sorcerer is good enough for its own release, but I wont ever complain about an extra table :). Thinking about it more, I feel Jive Time + Atlantis or Centigrade 37, and Ace High + Tripple Strike or Gran Prix, would make awesome 2 packs.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah Sorcerer is good enough for its own release, but I wont ever complain about an extra table :). Thinking about it more, I feel Jive Time + Atlantis or Centigrade 37, and Ace High + Tripple Strike or Gran Prix, would make awesome 2 packs.

+1

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Mayhaps a Jive Time + Ace High pack, they won't even have to digitize anything!

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Jive Time needs 3-tables-pack... IMO

Haha. I don't know much about Jive Time. But a while back I looked up a gameplay video on YouTube. And someone in the comments went on and on about how much they hated it. And I'm talking like Saw type stuff. Does Jive Time really make people want to kill people? And then accordingly someone responded with, 'but how do you really feel?' (You had to be there). I'm almost afraid to say, 'yeah I'd take jive time', cause the people that hate it really hate it with a burning firey passion. I'd pretty much take anything though, if it turns out that it sucks, I wouldn't even mind. At least people would stop doggin on Goin Nuts, which I actually enjoy. Sounds suck, but that's why I turn the volume down. It's really good for learning how to sustain multiball on other tables. I don't see Goin Nuts as a bad thing. Jive Time on the other hand, maybe there's a reason it hasn't been remade yet

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Haha. I don't know much about Jive Time. But a while back I looked up a gameplay video on YouTube. And someone in the comments went on and on about how much they hated it. And I'm talking like Saw type stuff. Does Jive Time really make people want to kill people? And then accordingly someone responded with, 'but how do you really feel?' (You had to be there). I'm almost afraid to say, 'yeah I'd take jive time', cause the people that hate it really hate it with a burning firey passion. I'd pretty much take anything though, if it turns out that it sucks, I wouldn't even mind. At least people would stop doggin on Goin Nuts, which I actually enjoy. Sounds suck, but that's why I turn the volume down. It's really good for learning how to sustain multiball on other tables. I don't see Goin Nuts as a bad thing. Jive Time on the other hand, maybe there's a reason it hasn't been remade yet

I'm one of those people. I hate Jive Time with a passion. It's one of those tables I'd have paid to not have it. But now, 66+ tables later, and having most of my favorites been TPAed, I'm ok with it. If other people want it, let it happen.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Jive Time is really addicting because it has somewhat short play times. Probably one of my most played on the Williams Collection and I love it. Ace High was my favorite on the Gottlieb Collection, so I was pretty bummed out when that didn't make it either.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've played a real Jive Time and it's not bad at all in person. I never played the pinball hall of fame version, but the YouTube videos of it look like it wasn't a fun play.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I've played a real Jive Time and it's not bad at all in person. I never played the pinball hall of fame version, but the YouTube videos of it look like it wasn't a fun play.

YouTube videos can suck the life out of anything. And then there's the whole "if they did this why didn't they do this" thing. Yikes. General consensus seems to be stay away from jive time.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Snorzel sounds bloody great,that just gave me a great start to my day !!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The thing about Jive Time is it is not even remotely close to being in the same league as other EMs. Gottlieb and Bally were kings of the EMs, not Williams. If we'd had 60+ other EMs and then they wanted to put out Jive Time, fine. For now though, there are way better ones that deserve the spot.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Oh no doubt there are tons of "better" EM machines, its just that they should still have assets for the game left over from PHOF, making it easier (in theory) to do a TPA version. Like a little touch up and new physics. Its just wishful thinking for another 2-fer, + 2 packs may be the only way they do more EMs.

I admit Jive Time made me a little rageish. But the most frustrating ones can produce the most satisfying games when you finally get one IMO

wolfson

May 24, 2013
My day will most definitely be made if it were to happen :). Hope you had/ have a great one
Snorzel,had a great day,i`m down at Tweed Heads with my dad at my daughters place looking after the dogs and cats for a couple of weeks while my daughter and her family have gone across the ditch for a wedding!!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts