Request Add for the table a night / twilight view

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
All TPA table are more or less clear with the grafic on the table and so on. Uncomfortable the light, flashing lights, if all lights goes off and the table plays a spec. Light scenarios is not so in focus.
My request is
Let's have an option, as If you play the table in the night, twilight, disco, bar.... this means, that the light effect must be coming more visible, if the table switch off the lights on the playfield, it's also dark, let's flash the light bright....
If someone needs an example, I can search a video on YouTube (there are a lot) and share the link here

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, I have to say that I got used to this "clear view" so much that all those effects on the real thing actually bothers me a lot in the begening. I need 5-6 games to get used to it.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Well it was talked about many moons ago for a night setting but nothing has come of it.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Uh PS4 version has one. Supposedly will come to PC as well if the DX 11 version ever comes along.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure they've said that it won't come to handhelds any time soon because for the most part they don't have the horsepower for it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Zacc doesn't have rom emulation eating up resources among other things. FS can barely get some of the machines running smoothly in the current lighting. Not going to happen any time soon. Fun to dream about, but you are going to need one of the new gen consoles or the PC version (hopefully soon) if you want a dark mode.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I don't think so. Even mobile devices have a dedicated graphics processing unit, and emulation and physics are processed by the cpu. so at least at some newer devices it should be no problem to implement it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't think so. Even mobile devices have a dedicated graphics processing unit, and emulation and physics are processed by the cpu. so at least at some newer devices it should be no problem to implement it.

But they don't make the game for just the newest mobile devices. They still support ipad 2. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for android but I know they try to support as many mobile devices as possible. Read through the Dr Dude android beta and you can see where the curly wires caused a problem. Just imagine what a dark mode would do.

Ask them and they will tell you the same thing. I'd love it too, but trust me you won't see it anytime soon.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Ok coulb that the rendering is too much interwoven with all the physics ans stuff so it can't be separately handled by GPU and CPU.
But if the core game process is the basis for performance and bakwards compatibility (handled by cpu) then better graphics could and should be a switch on/switch off kind of thing to support newer devices and keep the prduct fresh.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
But they don't make the game for just the newest mobile devices. They still support ipad 2. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for android but I know they try to support as many mobile devices as possible. Read through the Dr Dude android beta and you can see where the curly wires caused a problem. Just imagine what a dark mode would do.

Ask them and they will tell you the same thing. I'd love it too, but trust me you won't see it anytime soon.

For Android, it's still Froyo...

However, the number of these devices being activated these days is dwindling. It's mostly gingerbread as the lowest common denominator.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
K1 processor could handle this.

However, on most legacy devices, I believe the GPU thread is the bottleneck. This thread actually does the physics and graphics, and not the CPU.

CPU runs the emulation.

It's worth noting that android only got high level of detail (that means more polygons) relatively recently compared to iOS, for this very reason.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I would pay extra money for an IAP Dark room mod. :D

Is there no reason why they couldn't modify each table, adjust shadowing to reduce CPU usage (ie. to avoid real time rendering?)?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I would pay extra money for an IAP Dark room mod. :D

Is there no reason why they couldn't modify each table, adjust shadowing to reduce CPU usage (ie. to avoid real time rendering?)?
Possibly it could be faked by dimming and adjusting the textures.
Just like in high speed!
But that is a lot of work :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.