Request Addams Family Pinball Twitter Mamuska!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
It's simply because you're making money from the licence. Therefore the licence holders should receive their due. Without The Addams Family there wouldn't be a table to base around the film.

I don't agree however that the estate should continue to earn money after they're dead. That's like my current place of work still paying my next of kin after I'm gone for the work I did when I was alive.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Right before Raul died, there was a commercial where they digitally inserted Gene Kelley dancing with a vacuum. There was also a commercial with John Wayne drinking Pepsi. There was a general disgust among the talent community at the ability to now have a long dead performer be used to hawk products. It was seen as tainting their legacy. Everybody got real fearful that the same would happen to them. You really can't blame them.

And the Pink Panther movie made after Sellers' death.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I don't agree however that the estate should continue to earn money after they're dead. That's like my current place of work still paying my next of kin after I'm gone for the work I did when I was alive.

I've been told that in the past it actually used to be somewhat common for a company to keep paying a deceased employee's pension to a widow.. but times were different back then, or so I've been told.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And the Pink Panther movie made after Sellers' death.

That was all cutting room floor material, right? Recycled footage? But at least with that, when an actor signs on for a film, the producers have the right to do what they will with the footage, within reason. I mean there was that Albert Brooks film 15 or so years ago that was supposed to be a musical, but was so horrible in the editing room that they completely chopped out all the musical footage and tried turning into a dramedy. Certainly wasn't what the actors signed on for, but what goes on in the editing room is out of their hands.

Digitally inserting a Hoover vacuum or a Pepsi can is just crass, and using footage that was in no way part of what the actor's performance was conceived for.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
That was all cutting room floor material, right? Recycled footage? But at least with that, when an actor signs on for a film, the producers have the right to do what they will with the footage, within reason. I mean there was that Albert Brooks film 15 or so years ago that was supposed to be a musical, but was so horrible in the editing room that they completely chopped out all the musical footage and tried turning into a dramedy. Certainly wasn't what the actors signed on for, but what goes on in the editing room is out of their hands.

Digitally inserting a Hoover vacuum or a Pepsi can is just crass, and using footage that was in no way part of what the actor's performance was conceived for.

I thought that they used old footage, a Sellers sound alike for new dialog and a Sellers stand in for fill-in shots over the shoulder.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've been told that in the past it actually used to be somewhat common for a company to keep paying a deceased employee's pension to a widow.. but times were different back then, or so I've been told.

Usually a surviving spouse gets a portion of a pension. My mom gets half of the amount that my dad got from his pension when he was alive. Pensions are a dying thing though. My wife has a pension and a 401k. In 15 years she should be able to retire!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I mean there was that Albert Brooks film 15 or so years ago that was supposed to be a musical, but was so horrible in the editing room that they completely chopped out all the musical footage and tried turning into a dramedy. Certainly wasn't what the actors signed on for, but what goes on in the editing room is out of their hands.

One word, Caligula :D

Members online

Members online