PC - Request After update today no access to TPA (third event in the last weeks)

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Hello Pinball-fans,

Unfortunately there was an update for TPA a few minutes ago.

After the update it is impossible to access TPA again. Nothing happens...a brief black screen and then disappearance.

I guess it is the same issue (server) as before. I hope that it will be fixed until tomorow....or I cannot participate totm.

Thx and greetings

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I had no problem getting it to work. It had the label of version 1.48.5. Then I saw why it is probably working for me- Mike Reitmeyer from Farsight had this today in the new "Version 1.48.x" thread.

Version 1.48.5 (3/25/26)
- Fixed crash on startup.

Last edited:

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I also cant get the game to run after the Friday updates. I bought the PC version the day it was released and never had any problems but I have tried everything now and the new uodate seems to have killed the game for me. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with 12 GB Ram and Nvidia 360 video card but on launch I now get "The Pinballarcade.exe has stopped working"

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
right click pinball arcade in steam go to the local files tab and click verify integrity of game cache

Thanks for trying to help me.

I just tried this but unfortunately it makes no difference and it still doesnt work. I got the message "All files validated" but same error message when I try to launch the game.

There are a couple of threads on the actual Steam forums of people with this problem and I have tried every potential fix on both threads and still cant launch TPA. Also every other game in my Steam works fine and this problem only kicked in when the TPA update was done Friday for the next table.

I was even playing TPA on Steam about 15 mins before the update and it was working fine then I went for something to eat and came back and the update installed when I launched Steam again and straight from that point I have had no further access to the game because of the programe crashing.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks for trying to help me.

I just tried this but unfortunately it makes no difference and it still doesnt work. I got the message "All files validated" but same error message when I try to launch the game.

There are a couple of threads on the actual Steam forums of people with this problem and I have tried every potential fix on both threads and still cant launch TPA. Also every other game in my Steam works fine and this problem only kicked in when the TPA update was done Friday for the next table.

I was even playing TPA on Steam about 15 mins before the update and it was working fine then I went for something to eat and came back and the update installed when I launched Steam again and straight from that point I have had no further access to the game because of the programe crashing.

Events like this put me off connecting online just in case...I had the same issue, but Roberts solution fixed it for me. I got the same error message, although only when I ran the mod as it did run directly from steam without the mod. But it's that worry of things going wrong again and not being able to find a solution!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Were currently looking into the issue is and believe it is revolved around users sound settings not having a sound device set as default. If you go into your sound settings and playback devices then select your sound device and Enable/Test it, TPA should start to open again.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, can you please let me know what your Hardware Specs are and what audio device you are using.

Also if you can provide the error code that is being displayed in the TPA Log.txt, it would help us out. Thanks!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\Log.txt

Log.txt:
vs 1.48.5 DX9
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 791674880
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Resource Heap2
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game
CreateMasteringVoice Failed -2003435519

Last edited:

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Hello TPA-fans,

since the issue on 25.03.2016 everything is working fine. I have an extra soundcard on my pc, called "Creative sound blaster-Z". It works well and no server issues atm. Thank you. If you have problems, so send a crash dump file as described by flippyfloppy. For me it is ok!

Last edited:

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I tried checking the sound setting and I have my sound card selected as the default audio device and it is working normally, it also functions normally when you do the sound test and the driver is up to date, my sound card is :

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio

The rest of my set up is as follows.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Processor : AMD Fx 4100 Quad Core 3.60 GHz
12GB Ram
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

The TPA Log.txt is listed below.

I also checked the file listed (Failed to load XAudio2_7.dll)

I located that file in, C:\Windows\System32 and the file is in there

vs 1.48.5 DX9
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 534384640
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Resource Heap2
Init Resource Heap