All Wizard Goal Done-club (AWGD)

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I couldn't find this old thread to follow who had a perfect All Wizard Goal Done record. I used to be a part of this prestigious club but since the coming of Phantom of the Opera (2) and now also Starship Troopers (1) - I am now three behind. This makes my efforts of finishing the 3M-Genie goal seem a bit wasted :)

Are you still a member of this club? If now, what tables/WG's have thrown you off? How close are you?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Not a member, but damn close. That SST goal keeps sucking me in. I literally had 1 tanker bug left on Planet Pee, hit the recon scoop, was awarded with Klendathu, and wasn't able to nuke the 5. It seems like an exaggeration, but if you were able to see the hate in my face at the time, you'd know.

I'm not even gonna bother with the POTO 2 goals. Can't remember how close I was to either, but that's for another rainy day. Or rainy year, or decade.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Not a member, but damn close. That SST goal keeps sucking me in. I literally had 1 tanker bug left on Planet Pee, hit the recon scoop, was awarded with Klendathu, and wasn't able to nuke the 5. It seems like an exaggeration, but if you were able to see the hate in my face at the time, you'd know.

I'm not even gonna bother with the POTO 2 goals. Can't remember how close I was to either, but that's for another rainy day. Or rainy year, or decade.

I hear you on the POTO goals. Let me guess-5th million and 5x jackpot increase? I've come close to the 5th million multiple times, but never on the 5x jackpot increase goal.

I have declared the following goals to be unreachable:
CP-Any ultimate challenge goal
GN-the 360 sec goal and 500K bonus goal.
HH-2x on all three levels at once
HRC-Surprise challenge and super-duper-massive-overhyped-jackpot

The wizard goals on Dracula are painful, but can be obtained through luck and luck alone. And to think I liked this one in the arcades......
Insofar as ST, the jury's still out IMO.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yes yes and yes. Only thing is, the GN goal is achievable if you get up to at least 50sec left, and are able to hit the captive ball. I've said it before a couple of times, but try trapping it with the left flipper and do a quick flip. It's about the same difficulty as back handing the Fish Tales lock. Get it right inbetween those 2 bumper. It's pretty satisfying once you do it. And if it takes 5 or 6 attempts, so be it. Just make sure you have at least 50sec on the clock. I don't expect you (or anyone to try this), because well, it's GN. But if you do this and ignore the other shots, you could go infinite

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I was on top of this for a while but fell behind of late. POTO's 5th ramp million has me stuck. I've gotten as high as 4M but alas, nothing.

Need to also complete Earthshaker and SST but I can't move on until I get that damn ramp goal. :(

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm well behind the 8-ball. Literally in the case of CBW, where I keep bricking that darn 500M shot.

Genie 3M is beyond me (1.5M so far).

POTO it's just the 5x Multiplier - I've had as many as 9 or 10 ramp millions.

SST I need to nuke 5 planets.

And then there's Goin' Nuts....

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I hear you on the POTO goals. Let me guess-5th million and 5x jackpot increase? I've come close to the 5th million multiple times, but never on the 5x jackpot increase goal.

I have declared the following goals to be unreachable:
CP-Any ultimate challenge goal
GN-the 360 sec goal and 500K bonus goal.
HH-2x on all three levels at once
HRC-Surprise challenge and super-duper-massive-overhyped-jackpot

The wizard goals on Dracula are painful, but can be obtained through luck and luck alone. And to think I liked this one in the arcades......
Insofar as ST, the jury's still out IMO.

Totally agree with you, of course I haven't achieved the 360 goal on GN (but have been very close). POTO obviously I have the 5 x jackpot goal but strangely the only other goal I haven't completed is the 5th phantom millions. Believe me, all the other jackpots were pure luck. That tables knees me in the nuts every time I play it!!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Wizard Goals are secondary objectives for me. The first one is enjoying the game. If a Wizard Goal is going to make me tear my hair out, I don't shoot for it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Oh yeah, I forgot Champion Pub. I've not played an un-bugged Ultimate Challenge yet, so no dice so far. Plus, I really don't like CP, so I don't play it often.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I haven't tried the SST ones yet, but have done the rest. Wizard goals have been a big part of the entertainment for me.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Out of the ones I have left I guess the 5M ramp shot would be the easiest. I've had 3M and two balls being fed through the ramp (both missed the shot) but that seems quite achievable. The problem is that I truly despise that table. The 5x goal is just as ridiculous as the 3M Genie-goal. The difference is that with some strategy and lot of wasted time, you can actually achieve the 3M goal, the 5x seems mostly to be a matter of luck.

The STT 5 planet goal still taunts me though. I have been reasoably close once or twice but the fact that the table is so cheap on extra balls makes it so difficult. I am not exactly as dedicated to those WG's as before and I wish I could just enjoy the tables as they are but once I start going for them, I can't really stop.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I was on top of this for a while but fell behind of late. POTO's 5th ramp million has me stuck. I've gotten as high as 4M but alas, nothing.

Need to also complete Earthshaker and SST but I can't move on until I get that damn ramp goal. :(

Loud and clear on POTO-I've lost count of how many times I've gotten 4th million only hit the post on my 5th one.

Earthshaker's wizard goals aren't too difficult IMO-I got them all on day one. SST had me stuck for a couple of days on the standard recon goal. I'm still working on those wizard goals and the other ones I've mentioned in my previous post, save for CP.

Why there aren't more people calling for bug-fixes on CP I do not know. Or was this a bug on the original table as well?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, the Ultimate Challenge bug on Champion Pub exists on the real table and ROM as well.

It's not that hard to work around once you know how. You just can't ever do a knockout during UC. The best way is to get as many smart punches as you can throughout the game (get one from the skill shot every time, and be alert for the fly buzzing near the bag), which can rack up 10 or so. Don't use them in regular fights, save them. Then use them all in quick succession to beat the last two UC fighters.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I still have the POTO rollover and SST 5 planets. SST is achievable yet frustrating, POTO I don't know if I will ever do it. But I said the same thing of GN and CP soooo?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I was able to get the POTO 5x jackpot as the first wizard goal. I just kept switching the lane as the ball went up and down off the bumper.

Luck plays more into it than skill to be sure.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
This is what I have left on PC.

PinballArcadeAchievements.JPG

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
5 planets nuked in SST and all goals cleared again :) I think SST could have been a nice actionpacked table if you could kill bugs during the multiballs, but as it is I'm not loving it. The looks and sounds are alright, but the gameplay is lacking.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.