(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Interesting...

4DC764DAC542795995B32489447F50F4C8C29D9C

Not just Centaur but a bunch of other tables too. See the "---" names?

Of course there are still plenty of suspect scores out there still - like the top 3 scores on Firepower, for instance. If Tarek can't get 10M on that table I seriously doubt anyone can. Let alone 100M. Or, say 250M on the nose.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
[MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION]: Couldn't you try to fix up the HOF-leaderboards as well? There are numerous of obvious false entries there as well. Obvious as in literally impossible to achieve (1.000*number of tables).

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
[MENTION=2327]Tann[/MENTION] PSN Logins: Here's the story on on those. PSN users login separately from other users using their PSN logins (of course). While we know these, and we could theoretically 'log you in' to the website using them, you wouldn't be able to to change your email or password or anything. The only thing you could do really is have access to the recent leaderboard options. Also, there is no secondary or private authentication (i.e. password, we don't have access to PSN passwords), so anyone who knows your PSN name would be able to login as you. So its not impossible, but it would be very insecure.
Your leaderboards kinda disappear in this thread.
Agreed, maybe we should split some threads, the Top 40 is getting kinda muddy

Couldn't you try to fix up the HOF-leaderboards as well?
I'd love to, but my bandwidth is maxing out. Let me focus on fixing duplicate accounts, doing a more thorough cleanse of the leaderboards, and then i'll see about looking into those.

But who allowed this mess to continue for 3 years?
*Spreads hands* I can only do what I can do. A lot of personnel have come and gone. I am personally very pleased in the recent shift at FarSight to focus more on quality, the UX and on fixing many of the things that there just wasn't time or manpower or concern enough over previously. A big shout out to Mike Lindsey (our Community Manager) for really working hard at this and moving a lot of internal obstacles.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi LAW,
I'm happy to hear about that shift in focus, thanks for communicating that. Aside from some habitual complainers and a lone troll, most TPA fans here are just that, an enthusiastic bunch of pinheads that love this app. I have participated in far worse internet communities. Speaking for myself, the one thing that has been frustrating at times is the lack of communication. I can deal with bugs, I have patience to wait for fixes, releases and what-not, but repeatedly not knowing when or how is off-putting. I think every penny invested in aforementioned community management pays off double in having a broader loyal fanbase. Do the same with the Kickstarters and I'm sure (or at least hopeful) that you could pull those off more often and with even better results as is the case already now. Anyway, just my two cents!

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Glad to hear there is more concern now. Hopefully Seasons 1 and 2 get an overhaul so they have the same quality as Seasons 3 and 4.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Regarding the "easier overview of the Invitro leaderboards". Why not just start a new thread for every new update. It is just once per month and it's obviously a popular matter. Ping [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION].

Good to hear that things are working better at FarSight and that the HOF-leaderboards are about to be fixed. Without knowing how it is coded but wouldn't it be possible to add a constraint (1.000*number of tables) so that malicious or erronous scores can't be posted to it?

Will the TOTAN leaderboard ever be fixed by the way? I can see the difficulty in it considering all the correct scores among the bad ones, but still. It is quite pointless in its current state...

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
@Tarek. Is that 69b on AF legit? I stopped at 40b last time (still on ball one, 4 eb's, loads more banked in the target for emergencies etc) due to extreme boredom. Might push on to over 100b next time. If I can ever be bothered.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
@Tarek. Is that 69b on AF legit? I stopped at 40b last time (still on ball one, 4 eb's, loads more banked in the target for emergencies etc) due to extreme boredom. Might push on to over 100b next time. If I can ever be bothered.

Yes, this one is legit. I also stopped after approximate 10 hours with 4 EBs left:

Addams_Family.jpg

I will always make screenshots for every score as from now...

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Do you use my system?

No. I have seen your stream. I always hit the "Electric Chair" after the "Bear Kick" directly with the right flipper. A little bit more risky but first it seems that you can nudge much more with your device than I can do with the PC Version and second it´s not my style of playing pinball this way.
As Rudy would say: "Hey, it´s only Pinball".. :)
And mostly I play after the "Mansion Tour" a long time for "Bear Kick-Thing-Million Plus-Graveyard", good scores with "Graveyard" at max...

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
[MENTION=2327]Tann[/MENTION] PSN Logins: Here's the story on on those. PSN users login separately from other users using their PSN logins (of course). While we know these, and we could theoretically 'log you in' to the website using them, you wouldn't be able to to change your email or password or anything. The only thing you could do really is have access to the recent leaderboard options. Also, there is no secondary or private authentication (i.e. password, we don't have access to PSN passwords), so anyone who knows your PSN name would be able to login as you. So its not impossible, but it would be very insecure.

OK, thanks a lot to have looked into it. :) PSN players owned as usual... ^^

Well, the solution would be to implement the recent leaderboards options in the game itself... :sarcastic: :p

Because currently, circle through all tables one by one to check higshscores and ranks is more than tedious and clumsy.

The "My Scores" summary page should definitely be a feature in TPA itself.

But thanks again. ;)

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I take it there are no PSN secure login APIs available to 3rd-party site that want to verify PSN credentials?
Same goes for XBox as well I guess, but I know that MS don't even like the idea of posting scores outside of their own little world (hence why X360/XONE scores don't show up).

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Regarding the "easier overview of the Invitro leaderboards". Why not just start a new thread for every new update. It is just once per month and it's obviously a popular matter. Ping [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION].

I disagree, there's a lot of interesting stuff in this thread and i often go in previous pages to find informations i need, i almost remember on which pahge i can find which information, looking for old threads would be a pain in the ass. For me the best way is to keeep this thread and keep posting the leaderboard here AND create an other thread in sticky blocked to comments with only leaderboard updates.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I agree that a separate sticky with just the current leaderboard would be great.

Keep putting updated leaderboard posts in here (so subscribers know there's an update) but for casual viewers the sticky with just the leaderboard would be enough.

Maybe rename this thread to better reflect that it's the discussion thread.

Maybe there needs to be a sub-forum for leaderboards, HoF, table rankings, etc.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I see, but you run the risk of hitting the banked extra ball target that way.

Right, this was my second attempt, the first ends at 28B. The main Addams Family problem is that it´s not possible to complete the mansion rooms twice or more in one ball. Bally/Williams revised this later in TZ...

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Fixed the Jackbot filter and we are re-prioritizing the issues with duplicate accounts to fix it ASAP. We will be able to go back and distinguish scores between the two and erase the false ones, which is good.

Thanks for this quick support.

If it´s difficult to develop a sofware security system for the leaderboard I suggest the following as quick resolution:

Someone with a little bit of pinball knowledge remove all suspicious scores weekly or monthly from the leaderboard and put them in a backup database. Create a special mailadress and publish them on the website. Anyone who think "Hey, where´s my score?" can send an email to reactivate the score.

This solution should be a good improvement for the quality of the board.

For the community side I don´t understand why most of the top players always use nicknames.
I haven´t seen anyone like "MickeyMouse69" in the IFPA list. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.