(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
This one has SC, but not SCAotV. I suppose I won't include SCAotV here at all... thoughts?

Yeah, don't include AOTV. It'd be like including LITZ champion. It's just a bonus mode. And Safecracker shouldn't be double-represented compared to all the rest of the tables.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Cool, I made the list, #62 with a bullet! Following this thread inspired me to try harder, thanks invitro!
YW and welcome to the top 100. It looks like you had a very successful month last month, I hope you're having some more high scores this month!

Benj341276

Sep 21, 2014
Cactus canyon

I blocked these two (26B, 11B).

Hi invitro,

Thank for your job;)

On cactus canyon leaderboard what happen, all the 5 spots made a very big score recently on OSX, perhaps there is something wrong beetween the system of score of cactus canyon and OSX?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Hi invitro,

Thank for your job;)

On cactus canyon leaderboard what happen, all the 5 spots made a very big score recently on OSX, perhaps there is something wrong beetween the system of score of cactus canyon and OSX?

For sure all hacked scores. You're the real #1 at the moment...

invitro

May 4, 2012

I've blocked the top 4 of these (15415M, 12264M, 9503M, 4096M). A couple of these users have other "issues". I didn't block the 5th, though: GFROMPa, 3261M. I see no other issues for this user, and he has a lot of scores and some high ones... although his other two top 100 scores (Pin*Bot #9, Gorgar #66) were made within 2 days of his CC score.

Ping me again, if you guys really think the 3261M/GFROMPa score is bad.

I guess you saw, but... Farsight has deleted the two scores (26B, 11B) that I previously posted about, since I posted about them.

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
We are investigating the suspicious flood of OSX scores.
As part of that here are some broad but interesting statistics on all scores (over 4 million entries) across all tables by platform:
OSX: 0.74%
IOS: 27.48%
ANDROID: 13.32%
PC: 9.14%
PSN: 48%
(note that these are not how many users per platform but what % of scores per platform, and also note that "pc" = "steam" which can also include osx)

You may also be interested in the total number of scores by year (assuming the post dates are accurate [EDIT: which they aren't :D]):
Average 2015: 97.77%
Average 2014: 0.49%
Average 2013: 0.17%
Average 2012: 0.01%
Average 2011: 0%

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Wow, 4 millions entries! Thanks for the stats.

You may also be interested in the total number of scores by year (assuming the post dates are accurate):
Average 2015: 97.77%
Average 2014: 0.49%
Average 2013: 0.17%
Average 2012: 0.01%
Average 2011: 0%

Errrr... I think they aren't. :p So these date stats have unfortunately no meaning.

All my highscores for Season 1 and Season 2 have been posted in 2013- early 2014 (I didn't beat them since ages), and the leaderboards says that I posted these highscores... in June 2015.

invitro

May 4, 2012
LAW, thanks for your efforts. I think the website stuff is in fine condition now.

My main request now is to put the tournament results online. All platforms, all dates, all divisions would be ideal. A very nice minimum would be the ability to view other divisions' results within the game, and to view results by table after a tournament was over (you can only view the player rankings with their total points currently).

It's not a big deal, and I don't know if too many other people are interested, but I'm always curious about what the people in the two other divisions are doing.

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
LAW, thanks for your efforts. I think the website stuff is in fine condition now....A very nice minimum would be the ability to view other divisions' results within the game, and to view results by table after a tournament was over

This is in the works for the web and should be available within a week or so, but getting it in game is not projected for anytime in the near future to my knowledge. We're making it possible to see how each player got their points and hopefully a per table view as you said. I see Tarek has destroyed the PC bronze league for the current tournament xD

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
How about letting Tarek only compete with one hand tied behind his back or blindfolded, or both? :) Just kidding, Tarek was already tearing up the place back in the Pro Pinball series (Timeshock and the likes). Besides great flipper skills, I'm mostly in awe of his mental stamina, seeing the grinds he goes on for the top scores. For people who didn't see this thread http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/9552-Awesome-interview-with-Tarek-Oberdieck, here is a direct link to a nice interview with him: http://theballiswild.net/interview-with-tarek-oberdieck/

invitro

May 4, 2012
This is in the works for the web and should be available within a week or so, but getting it in game is not projected for anytime in the near future to my knowledge. We're making it possible to see how each player got their points and hopefully a per table view as you said. I see Tarek has destroyed the PC bronze league for the current tournament xD
Most excellent! If a per-table view is included, anyway. The actual #1 scores on the various tables/platforms/divisions is the most interesting piece of data. I'm fine with not being in-game if it's available somewhere... actually on-web is personally preferable to me over in-game.

Tarek, yes, but it's a little surprising to me that his scores are not that much higher over the Gold/Silver #1's (the last time I checked). Now I wouldn't have been able to know that if he & some Silver players hadn't shared his scores on this forum, so this is a great example of data I desperately want to be able to view somehow. :)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
How about letting Tarek only compete with one hand tied behind his back or blindfolded, or both? :) Just kidding, Tarek was already tearing up the place back in the Pro Pinball series (Timeshock and the likes). Besides great flipper skills, I'm mostly in awe of his mental stamina, seeing the grinds he goes on for the top scores. For people who didn't see this thread http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/9552-Awesome-interview-with-Tarek-Oberdieck, here is a direct link to a nice interview with him: http://theballiswild.net/interview-with-tarek-oberdieck/

Thanks for the flowers. :)

Tarek, yes, but it's a little surprising to me that his scores are not that much higher over the Gold/Silver #1's (the last time I checked).

I will reserve my best for a future final gold tournament. :)

Another reason for this is the nature of a time based tournament. All of my games timed out and this should be the same for all other players. We have 20 minutes to reach some specific wizard modes one or more times.
I believe all players have the knowledge what targets will score the most points in any situation. So it's the important thing to hit all possible shots in 20 minutes for the maximum possible score.
Like any other player I've missed sometime, or played a super first ball and the second was bad. This human skill factor is the only one we can optimize with a lot of new game attempts.

The other main limitation cannot be influenced, it's the time the tables program need to reach specific wizard modes. For example the Grand Final in ToM. I'm sure no one will ever reach this well scored Mode more than two times max. in one 20 minute tournament game, it's not possible. Centaur is another good example. I guess the max. possible score for a 20 minutes game is +/- 1M per minute with one full time multiball include all balls.
PZone with his ROM bug is a completely different example. I would say 3B is not a very big problem, need only 15 times more the 100M shot to double my score. Is this skill?

I'm not the biggest fan of time based games. For this reason I don't like Safecracker. A real interesting tournament would be a one ball only tournament without a time limit.

I've held the #1 over years in the Pro Pinball Head to Head Online Mode. This was time based, skill based (and lag based :)). Much harder than any normal Big Race USA game. I remember that vikingerik has said after a few games "No, this is not my game". I understand this statement. It´s not pinball. Fun for sure...

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
You're welcome Tarek! :) The fun in having Martians on board like you and VikingErik is that I never would have thought of trying to go those distances myself, I wouldn't have thought some of those monster scores would be even possible. So you raised the bar for my game also, so my sincere thanks for that. Now, if it only would transfer a bit more to real life playing.... :)

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Invitro are u just busy or is there any technical problem? No offense hey, as we're now one week late on ur usual leaderboard, i just ask ;)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Invitro are u just busy or is there any technical problem? No offense hey, as we're now one week late on ur usual leaderboard, i just ask ;)
I forgot about it until yesterday :eek:. I've started grabbing scores... they take too long to stuff in my database and I need to figure that out soon. Hopefully I will post rankings today. Thanks for the reminder!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.