(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I noticed the boards were updated around last night, here's how they stand now
YZqyYoC.png

I'll give it a week and we'll see if the ranks go back to how they were
geohoo, missed a 19th on EBD; Crooker, missed 20th EBD and 10th BHurt; jammers last three tables fell in value in two days

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
lets not be too modest eric and tarek heh youve been kickin the ass outta digital pinball for 20 some years. nice to let some "new blood" have even a remote chance. i know theres been alittle rough housing at the top the past while but dont let it put ya off.

High scores are an odd thing most tables im happy beating my own score but some if i really like the design or theme i try for well top20 these days. at least with notime limit i cant sustain my pinball power for more than 60 minutes(ya know because i smoke drink and need to pee!)

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
I could if I wanted, just not really interested compared to other things I could spend time on. I haven't bought anything since season 4. As Tarek keeps saying, this isn't real pinball, it's a game of exploiting Farsight's physics and railroads and that's become tiresome.

Also I'm behind the other leaders in terms of control scheme. It's become increasingly apparent that you need the analog nudging, but I can't get the hang of a gamepad at all and can't use anything other than a keyboard with any proficiency.

And more excuses from the 2 guys i dislike the most of all since i have the 1st place. So predictable. They hate it so much that i have the 1st place now :) All excuses, you could also just admit that somebody like me may be just better then you. End of story. Not every table takes days to get the best score. At least some tables it is about skill and not about how many days you want to play it.

Same for Tarek whining about something.. again.. since i am 1st. Who says TPA has to be exactly like a real machine? You don't mind that for years now with your around 5000 hours in steam for TPA??

And if you think timeshock is so much better, why don't you go play that more and a lot less TPA? This week alone you started again going for the 1st places. I allready said it before a couple months ago, you got a serious obsession with being 1st. Also allready said that's one of the reasons that gave me motivation to go for it.

Guess i was right from the beginning (the time that you where talking about me and cheating) that you guys are just jealous and mad when somebody else comes along who can also get high scores.

Well i guess you are not the only ones since nobody would ever congratulate me with my 1st place but that's ok. I'll keep saying things the way they really are.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
sore winners can often be as wrong as a sore loser to my mind. I get being proud of taking the number one spot, congraulations! *gives a cookie* I dunno if a lanuage thing but dizzer you come accross very aggressively with a chip on your shoulder, but i guess sometimes so do i. games are meant to be fun if anyone isnt its time to step away for awhile really otherwise whats the point? im not gonna debate hours played skill or status of a high rank. like ive had to do (sadly) with a couple of members, if you guys dont like each other block and/or ignore each other. let your achivments or lack oftherof speak for themselves....while helping poor mortals too.

my hats off to all our top players...come an xmas sale ill be on the analog nudge wagon myself

id say its weird at the top but the bottoms funkier

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
sore winners can often be as wrong as a sore loser to my mind.

If i say something that is incorrect, say what it is. I would like to know what.

I get being proud of taking the number one spot, congraulations! *gives a cookie* I dunno if a lanuage thing but dizzer you come accross very aggressively with a chip on your shoulder, but i guess sometimes so do i.

I don't care much about that, at all. People should try it sometimes, trying not to care about how other people see you. Only thing what's important is how u see yourself. Btw, i see people come across as jealous whiners. I bet these 2 don't care about that also, but it's good they made it so obvious for everyone to see. As soon as i get first place the predictable whining started... so no need to prove my point, it's pretty obvious.

games are meant to be fun if anyone isnt its time to step away for awhile really otherwise whats the point?

You talking to Tarek now right? For only the most recent example (and there are many more where its obvious he doesn't play TPA for FUN), whining about the latest table, but he keeps playing it anyway all week long and why..(that's the real good question he never answered), because he thinks it fun? No, because he got a serious obsession with being nr.1 but i think i explained that one enough times allready.

im not gonna debate hours played skill or status of a high rank. like ive had to do (sadly) with a couple of members, if you guys dont like each other block and/or ignore each other. let your achivments or lack oftherof speak for themselves....while helping poor mortals too.

Don't worry, i will ignore the jealous whiners from now on. I will let them whine as much as they like and just laugh at it anyways as i did this time. It was awesome to kick somebody of his high horse even if it's just for 1 or 2 or 3 months (because i know he won't be able to control his obsession and will play like crazy the next couple of months, predictable!), it feels great!

http://www.clanb2k.com/cstrike12/sound/zombie_plague/survivor1.wav

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
No. My PC is not good enough for that and if it whas, why should i do that? For enough tables i can make videos for 1 minute and u would know how to play the boring safe way. Tried it a while back for F14 and El Dorado (those are still on youtube), but i guess nobody wants to play very boring for 10+ sometimes even 20 or 30+ hours. Because there have not been very good scores for those tables since then.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
PCs good enough to play to game flawlessly but not able to stream?

Yes. Streaming takes extra grunt, since you're not just rendering to the screen, you're also rendering (usually at 720p) to the video stream. A mid-range GPU is good enough to play TPA solidly at 60hz, but for decent performance while streaming, you need something better.

Unlike the PS4 and XONE which have built-in streaming capabilities and presumably have hardware optimized to handle that.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, it's true. We're really sensitive to the timing. It's not just /decent/ performance while streaming, we need /perfect/. I'll notice one-frame hiccups while streaming that are enough to throw off my timing and aim, and I imagine the same goes for Tarek. Streaming also induces a higher likelihood of TPA crashing at some point, and none of us are going to risk a dozen-hour game over that.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
am i the only one to find it abusrd in thinking that anyone would wanna watch most people, i find the notion pretty arrogant overall, get a great score let it speak for itself. I know a few people that pay to fly on the wall someof my more colour full games r-rated probably not for most humans etc. most people arent intrested, if your not a tween! am i wrong? i know alot of you watch papa but would you do the same for ten random guys? outside of tutorials whos gonna spend 12 hours watching a guy play no matter how good they are? if you cant condense your point and play into 5-10 mins youve already failed on youtube, and well you aint bowen or lyman. this could apply to any game i mean does any father watch their kids little league games?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I think streaming virtual pinball is already quite niche, as the market for those games is quite small. I find it boring as hell to watch, no matter how good the player is. Plus there is another thing about streaming: Not only the game being streamed needs to be interesting, but also the player. It's not necessary they are really top players, but they should be good entertainers. Streaming is the same in that regard as YouTube: People watch videos because of personality. If you can't be someone to talk all the time during play, nobody wants to see the content. Virtual Pinball is not really great for that, as you need to be very concentrated almost all the time.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I'll watch streamers, and youtubers to figure out their train of thought on tables, either it teaches me how, or how not, to do something.

Watching someone else repeat something that doesn't work, and them pointing out they know they're not supposed to do that thing, brings me comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who can play poorly.. on purpose by giving in to impulse.

Poker games were televised on ESPN, I personally don't think card games are very entertaining but I recognize that others might appreciate the nuanced play in the event while others might not think it's fun because it isn't them that is gambling. -my bad analogy

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
If you can't be someone to talk all the time during play, nobody wants to see the content. Virtual Pinball is not really great for that, as you need to be very concentrated almost all the time.

That too. I can't talk and keep up my same level of play. Also, pinball action happens too fast for commentary to keep up. I can make some great instinctual save, and by the time I can finish a sentence talking about it, I've already made three more shots and there's another mode going on.

i find the notion pretty arrogant overall, get a great score let it speak for itself.

Well, this discussion took a bit of a side turn. Where a score can't speak for itself is to resolve the possibility of cheating. That's why some want to see the videos, and why we're pointing out the problems with recording high score games. We went from that into a general discussion of streaming.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I'm not talking about streaming for hours and trying to entertain. I'm talking about streaming for short periods and showing their system on a table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.