Android 1.19.0 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Can I make a suggestion for the Tilt meter now available in the pro packs.

It currently looks like...
pybe5yna.jpg

Would it not be better, if moved up, the text flipped to the other side of the meter bar, then it could be moved hard over to the edge of the screen. Like...

e9ahapyg.jpg

You could even make it semi translucent like the touch zone borders.

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
Changelog states only about new features added, but were any bugs fixed in this version, any of existing tables updated?

N

netizen

Class of 1812 pushed a new rez file with the Play Store version of the app after having the beta installed.
IDk what the differences might have been.

Moving the tilt meter up, and flipping it is a good idea. I'd sort of like to see it at the top near the HUD, but playing on a Nexus 10 vs a Nexus 7 or a smaller screen will effect ones opinion on this view. Maybe Move it up, flip it and change the direction the scale runs. So instead of the meter moving up the screen it moves from top to bottom. When playing touch screen you tend to have the bottom of the meter covered, and might not see it, whereas if the top of the meter were the part that filled it may be more noticeable. Just an idea.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Moving the tilt meter up, and flipping it is a good idea. I'd sort of like to see it at the top near the HUD, but playing on a Nexus 10 vs a Nexus 7 or a smaller screen will effect ones opinion on this view. Maybe Move it up, flip it and change the direction the scale runs. So instead of the meter moving up the screen it moves from top to bottom. When playing touch screen you tend to have the bottom of the meter covered, and might not see it, whereas if the top of the meter were the part that filled it may be more noticeable. Just an idea.

For the Tilt meter - maybe a user selectable option in the menu would be best, similar to the existing 'button position' option which positions star trek & T2 trigger, or troll bomb button etc.
8e8a8a2e.jpg

It could have options upper left, above HUD, below HUD, upper right etc...

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I don't know if it's just me or did farsight tune the 1812 table because it seems A LOT harder than it was in the beta, starting multiball leads to an instant drain of at least one ball if you don't nudge a lot

N

netizen

I don't know if it's just me or did farsight tune the 1812 table because it seems A LOT harder than it was in the beta, starting multiball leads to an instant drain of at least one ball if you don't nudge a lot

It's just you. :p

I was asking during the beta if others were experiencing the "funhouse effect" where a ball would drain almost immediately after starting multiball. Both Baron Rubrik and I were experiencing this, but in different ways, and we were both doing similar actions at the start of multiball; plunging for the crypt.

Changing up your plunge at the start of multiball, try to notice if a ball goes through the middle roll over, and making sure you nudge in the bumpers are all good things to be aware of.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Ugh then I'm just having one of those really off days, guess I'll play pinball some other time when my mind returns to a normal state or something.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
In portrait mode, is anyone having problems seeing what multiplier bonus rollovers are lit except in camera angle 3. On my device, #3 camera mode is the only angle I can see what bonus rollovers have been lit.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
In portrait mode, is anyone having problems seeing what multiplier bonus rollovers are lit except in camera angle 3. On my device, #3 camera mode is the only angle I can see what bonus rollovers have been lit.

Yeah - but it's because of the table design with the rollover indicators being offset to the left of the rollover lane.
ehyne8az.jpg

I normally play portrait cam 2 locked and in this setup the left rollover indicator is tricky to see, but if you're in doubt, use the 'lane changing feature', ie quickly right flipper, left flipper - cycles the lights right then back left so you can check and be sure.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013

It's difficult to see both in cam view 2 and 3 but it can be seen. It took me some games to see that the extra ball has red light.

i also have the quick drains. The ball fires out of the bumpers. Nudging improves it a bit but I have the impression that I'm only increasing the outlane drains and reducing the center ones. Without the drains I could score some millions from the ramp. I enjoy Funhouse more despite some similarities (drains out of the bumpers). Overall FH has fewer instant drains.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
While playing VICTORY I noticed that there is no bonus count at the end of the ball on the display. I get points, though. It would be the first alphanumerical pinball table I played that doesn't mention the bonus at the end of the ball.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Yeah - but it's because of the table design with the rollover indicators being offset to the left of the rollover lane.
ehyne8az.jpg

I normally play portrait cam 2 locked and in this setup the left rollover indicator is tricky to see, but if you're in doubt, use the 'lane changing feature', ie quickly right flipper, left flipper - cycles the lights right then back left so you can check and be sure.

I was pretty sure that it was the table designs that partially blocks the bonus rollover lights. I'll just have to learn how to work around not seeing the rollover lights clearly. Anyhoo, I have a hard enough time with the multiplier bonus even when I can see them. It's the bane of my TPA and IRL pinball playing.

I'd love to have a buck for every time I've messed up hitting the bonus rollover to get the bonus multiplier to advance. I would be rich.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The Bat-o-Meter is very difficult to advance. Even with all the multiballs I hardly get more than one.

EDIT: Got the Wizard Goal today but don't know how. After collecting the extra ball the meter was on level 2.

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
After collecting the extra ball the meter was on level 2

I haven't reached the goal, but if the extraball is lightning, I think, you can not go up with the Bat-o-Meter ....

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I haven't reached the goal, but if the extraball is lightning, I think, you can not go up with the Bat-o-Meter ....

I might have got the Wizard Goal without the requirement. Or the extra ball is given with the Special when you don't collect the extra ball before.
I got the Special again AND the extra ball before. The Wizard Goal was already checked, naturally. The Bat-O-Meter was up this time and I got the "knock" with the Special. The voiceover says "Shoot the spinner!" when the bat-o-meter is at extra ball or Special level. After the Special the game should reset the meter. Otherwise you could get it over and over again. The voiceover stops after collecting the Special.
Observations are difficult due to the quick drains and the resets and events are happening by surprise.
Are there other methods to raise the bat-o-meter than the door price and the center targets?

Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I'm not sure if timed tournaments are good enough for high score busting... It doesn't look like anything is keeping someone from leaving the table and coming back with a fresh 20 minute timer. I think for a true test of skill, people should have only one attempt at posting a score.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm not sure if timed tournaments are good enough for high score busting... It doesn't look like anything is keeping someone from leaving the table and coming back with a fresh 20 minute timer. I think for a true test of skill, people should have only one attempt at posting a score.

I agree.

The timer resetting is not a good thing.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
That's how they designed it. Issues arise too if the user's device goes dead, or it crashes for some reason, network loss etc, they essentially lose their scoring chance for that table. He wanted the user to be able to try for his best 20 minutes multiple times, but I will bring up the feedback to him. What do you guys think of the 20 minutes? Too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts