Android - 1.39.4 Bugs

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
OK, it seems that there hasn't been a centralized thread to report the bugs in a general release in a while.

Safecracker isn't being downloaded via the download owned button in manage tables. Press the button, watch the download start, get a popup saying the TSafecracker has been downloaded, go to Safecracker in the carousel and be prompted with the "TPA theme music" to download a new version.

In Pro Mode the UX buttons have been changed to be these ridiculous, clownishly, huge buttons.

Is the live DMD on the backglass of Safecracker supposed to have a narrow mirrored version on the top of the speaker box too?

The plunge touch UX is still broken. You should not be able to plunge from the L Flipper, or up nudge zones. Only the R Flipper is the expected plunge touch zone. So far only STTNG is the properly mapped table.

The pro modes on TO and CBW are still broken with an unmapped R Flipper button in the UX.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I've noticed that with the Safe Cracker update, Black Hole and Diner lost the game's sound effects. The only sounds you hear are the flippers and bumpers. I wonder if I'm not the only one experiencing this.....

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've noticed that with the Safe Cracker update, Black Hole and Diner lost the game's sound effects. The only sounds you hear are the flippers and bumpers. I wonder if I'm not the only one experiencing this.....
Confirmed - no music/speech , only mech sound effects in these tables.

Still lagging on the Note4 too.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Yes.

That whole area is mirrored to give an infinity effect.

Even so, the DMD wouldn't be mirrored in that way. There would only be a portion of it reflected, not a perfect clone, squashed to fit. That is the "bug" the perspective is forced and all wrong. It would be better to remove the "infinity" effect for the DMD and leave room for the lights.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Even so, the DMD wouldn't be mirrored in that way. There would only be a portion of it reflected, not a perfect clone, squashed to fit. That is the "bug" the perspective is forced and all wrong. It would be better to remove the "infinity" effect for the DMD and leave room for the lights.

Ahh, yep. I get what you mean now.

I would agree with this approach.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
We're tracking the audio bugs in the beta reporting area.

I've had some issues with TAF ROM state as well. Also reported.

Are you finding Safe Cracker is floaty? It should be playing fast if it is raked correctly.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
When the ball drains down the R. outlane and the R. Flipper is held up the ball will be trapped behind the flipper and not drain.

The plunge after losing or locking a ball on Safecracker is inconsistent, it does one of 3 things: autoplunge; allows you to plunge but then forces quick releases for a short plunge; or goes to plunge and the plunger is already fully withdrawn and any touch will force a full plunge.

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014
Has anyone got problems with champion's pub ? bought season 1 and 2 and this table is not working.
Whe i start the game it crashes

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We'll have a fix in the upcoming patch for the lost table music on diner and black hole as well as the Champions Pub crashing.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just downloaded the update patch.
Manage tables still isn't working to automatically update Safecracker.
It tells you it's done it, but when you go to the table in the carousel it still requires manually updating.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just downloaded the update patch.
Manage tables still isn't working to automatically update Safecracker.
It tells you it's done it, but when you go to the table in the carousel it still requires manually updating.
On the subject of updating tables, there are two files in the /files folder now: TABLE_SAFECRACKER of a few hundred bytes, and TSafeCracker.

I believe the capitalized one is how this table is managing token state. So don't delete it until [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] confirms otherwise.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Safecracker hangs at the end of games in Pro Mode. Match finishes and then nothing, no high score UI, no anything. The ROM continues it's thing and the table releases balls etc, but no advancement of the engine.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
On the subject of updating tables, there are two files in the /files folder now: TABLE_SAFECRACKER of a few hundred bytes, and TSafeCracker.

I believe the capitalized one is how this table is managing token state. So don't delete it until [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] confirms otherwise.
For the record, this was a junk file introduced during the beta. It will be patched out in the next release.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Safecracker hangs at the end of games in Pro Mode. Match finishes and then nothing, no high score UI, no anything. The ROM continues it's thing and the table releases balls etc, but no advancement of the engine.

Do you have it set to free-play when this occurs?

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014

What all do you remember changing in the coin door?

Red_Chaos1

Sep 28, 2012
Plunge bug with TM:BoP - if you touch the lower right quadrant of the screen during the zoom in on the skill shot score line, the ball will launch and the game will remain in the zoomed mode, making play impossible. It corrects after the ball drains. I can reproduce this every single new game.

Members online

Members online