Android 1.47.4 Bugs

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
The captive balls in R911 aren't skinned and they alternately turn blue/red when the sirens go off. The weird thing is instead of them being the same colour when it happens one is red then other is blue, and they they strobe back and forth.

TOTAN has a broken skillshot, still. If you tap while it is doing the zoom on the skillshot area intro doo-dah, that cannot be eliminated with event cam, then it freezes there until you lose your ball; or don't do it.

The pro mode in TO is fixed so ROM changes can be made, but now no end of game menu appears.

While navigating the coin door any presses on the clownishly huge buttons of the UX they are mounted on causes the playfield view to move around. This is a long standing bug. Either separate the playfield view controls from the coin door UI, or make it so the coin door UX zone doesn't have any other mapping so any touches/clicks in that are don't make the underlying view to move.

Should captive balls be changing skins when the play uses a custom ball? I seem to remember that it didn't happen then it did and was reported as a bug, then was fixed and it's now happening again. So, is it actually a bug, or is this now the way it will be from now on?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The captive balls in R911 aren't skinned and they alternately turn blue/red when the sirens go off. The weird thing is instead of them being the same colour when it happens one is red then other is blue, and they they strobe back and forth.

The balls are perspex in the actual Pinball machine. The balls are behaving as designed.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
The balls are perspex in the actual Pinball machine. The balls are behaving as designed.

The perspex balls aren't opaque like a DX9 ball with no reflection settings on a IRL table and the balls don't strobe when the chopper/sirens are engaged on a IRL table, so I would differ on the whole "behaving as designed"

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The perspex balls aren't opaque like a DX9 ball with no reflection settings on a IRL table and the balls don't strobe when the chopper/sirens are engaged on a IRL table, so I would differ on the whole "behaving as designed"

Let me rephrase.

The light should penetrate the balls, so they do carry light through them. Just not as prominently as the current release does perhaps.

The position you stand in front of the real table determines how much of the light you see through the balls.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Let me rephrase.

The light should penetrate the balls, so they do carry light through them. Just not as prominently as the current release does perhaps.

The position you stand in front of the real table determines how much of the light you see through the balls.

However, the balls in the TPA version are, as I mentioned, opaque. The light that does "penetrate" them doesn't have a corresponding source, and it is oddly enough timed to the GI lighting. All that combined, makes for one Bug.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
However, the balls in the TPA version are, as I mentioned, opaque. The light that does "penetrate" them doesn't have a corresponding source, and it is oddly enough timed to the GI lighting. All that combined, makes for one Bug.
a31eec2349cf8c0f86e4061c59b966ec.jpg

Off state.

09721750df3389c2ddd2837407007d15.jpg

Blue state, with insert simulating the light source.

85c4406cacc50b7cb0b75d34023cbc80.jpg

Red state, with insert simulating the light source.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
And those light sources should bleed, they aren't lasers being shined into the ball. Neither of the captive balls should be glowing due to GI lighting effects.

You do not need to argue the bug, just report it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
And those light sources should bleed, they aren't lasers being shined into the ball. Neither of the captive balls should be glowing due to GI lighting effects.

You do not need to argue the bug, just report it.
Hopefully with the clarifications we've made in this thread, the expected behavior can be captured effectively.

Over to FarSight to triage.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

The table in the video you referenced is missing both of the acrylic balls. Also...you are correct, the acrylic balls should be transparent and not opaque so as to allow the light from the flashing red and blue cutouts below them to light up the acrylic balls red and blue respectively when they flash.

I will bring up the transparency issue with the balls again (as well as the other issues you posted in the OP) during the next beta.

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
I'm getting a crash on startup on my brand new Pixel C tablet.

EDIT: Restarting my tablet fixed that issue. Annoying that it occurs after a fresh install though - not a good first impression.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts