Android 5.0 Lollipop and TPA

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I upgraded my 2012 Nexus 7 to lollipop (5.0) yesterday via OTA.

TPA works OK, but my recommendation is to hold off upgrading at the moment as the apps have not yet caught up and there are too many issues reported.

Performance is even more sluggish since the update. I've not done a full reset yet but have limited running processes to 2 via developer options and updated my apps.

One plus point is I notice my NowTv (roku) box now supports Chromecast, so I can now stream YouTube to the TV via tablet which rocks.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

TPA works OK, but my recommendation is to hold off upgrading at the moment as the apps have not yet caught up and there are too many issues reported.

Performance is even more sluggish since the update. I've not done a full reset yet but have limited running processes to 2 via developer options and updated my apps.

One plus point is I notice my NowTv (roku) box now supports Chromecast, so I can now stream YouTube to the TV via tablet which rocks.

Thanks for the heads up.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
I have seen reports that 5.0 does cause slowness with the Nexus 7 (2012), but other devices have not seemed to experience increased slowness.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I only noticed janky graphics directly after side loading the update to the Shield Tab. After a restart, jank went away.

I can recommend upgrading to Lollipop if your device is relatively new. I've not experienced any compatibility issues with apps I use. System stability seems just as good as 4.4.2.

Bear in mind the 2012 is starting to show it's age now. It only has 1gb of ram and an old SoC architecture. The nexus 4 is in the same boat.

A factory reset may help, particularly if this is the first time for your tablet.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Still have a Nexus 7 2012 and I'm not happy with lollipop and Jared if you think my tablet is starting to show it's age you should see what I look like.:D Seriously though I'm going to be upgrading next year some time.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Still have a Nexus 7 2012 and I'm not happy with lollipop and Jared if you think my tablet is starting to show it's age you should see what I look like.:D Seriously though I'm going to be upgrading next year some time.
If you wanted to upgrade to a Nexus 7 2013, they are cheap as anything at the moment, and are still quite respectable as a device.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014

Good to know. We've gotten some newer devices in the office and I'm eager to try out TPA with Android L.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
N5 upgraded to Lollipop, no difference observed in TPA.

Lollipop is a nice upgrade, in my opinion.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Lollipop performance and bugginess seems to vary from phone model to phone model... I'm in no rush to get it myself, as 4.4.4 works just fine.

If Samsung would fix S-health, I'd consider testing xposed on my S5... although it didn't seem to make much of a difference on my old Atrix.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts