Android Flipper delay - lag

dschulpius

Dec 29, 2012
I'm running Pinball Arcade on a Asus Transformer tablet with a Android OS. On every one of my tables there is a delay between the time I push on the screen and when the flipper actually moves. I'm running the latest version of android and have reinstalled the app. I've also turned of many background apps as I could and still no effect. Any idea how to over come this lag?

Thanks! Dave

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Which version of the Transformer? TF300 was architecturally the same as the Nexus 7 2012. As no official ASUS ROMs have been released for that device since 4.2 (from memory), are you running a custom ROM?

dschulpius

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for the help. My Transformer tablet is a TF700T. All roms I'm using were paid for and automatically downloaded by the Android app on my tablet for me to play.

When I first started using Pinball Arcade on this tablet back in late 2012 I had no issues. then I got busy and hadn't played for some time. About a year ago or more I tried again and found this lag issue. I got frustrated and set it down again till now. I thought it may have been an issue with the program but after waiting this long and still having the same problem I feel it may be on my end. From what you wright could it be that the roms downloaded by my android app are not the proper ones for my device? I did reinstall both the Pinball Arcade app and Google Play (that a pop up said I needed to play it on my tablet.

Thanks! Dave

Which version of the Transformer? TF300 was architecturally the same as the Nexus 7 2012. As no official ASUS ROMs have been released for that device since 4.2 (from memory), are you running a custom ROM?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks for the help. My Transformer tablet is a TF700T. All roms I'm using were paid for and automatically downloaded by the Android app on my tablet for me to play.

When I first started using Pinball Arcade on this tablet back in late 2012 I had no issues. then I got busy and hadn't played for some time. About a year ago or more I tried again and found this lag issue. I got frustrated and set it down again till now. I thought it may have been an issue with the program but after waiting this long and still having the same problem I feel it may be on my end. From what you wright could it be that the roms downloaded by my android app are not the proper ones for my device? I did reinstall both the Pinball Arcade app and Google Play (that a pop up said I needed to play it on my tablet.

Thanks! Dave

I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm asking. 😉

Because the TF700T is no longer supported with updates to the android operating system, are you running a custom android ROM, instead of the stock ROM?

Sometimes custom ROMs cause unusual behavior.

Also, because the processor in your device is comparatively old in tech standards now, this is likely the reason for the drop in performance. I noticed this on my TF300T when I opened one, which is why I upgraded to a Nexus 7 2013. I never looked back.

Now I'm running TPA on a Shield Tablet.

dschulpius

Dec 29, 2012
I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm asking. ��

Because the TF700T is no longer supported with updates to the android operating system, are you running a custom android ROM, instead of the stock ROM?

Sometimes custom ROMs cause unusual behavior.

Also, because the processor in your device is comparatively old in tech standards now, this is likely the reason for the drop in performance. I noticed this on my TF300T when I opened one, which is why I upgraded to a Nexus 7 2013. I never looked back.

Now I'm running TPA on a Shield Tablet.

Ah, OK. sorry. I wan't aware that my tablet was no longer supported by Android updates. That sucks. Thanks for the info. No, I'm not running anything that's "custom". I wouldn't even know ow to do that. I just wanted to play pinball on it. I'm aware the processor is a little old and at time I have to wait just a little for it to respond but everything else seems to work well. When I try to play a table on Pinball Arcade the tables look great and everything seems to be working properly. There is just that lag that makes it impossible to hit the ball. But your probably right, it may just be under powered. Thanks for trying to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts