Android physics engine

hitman12

Jun 11, 2014
Why physics engine on android devices is so much worst than pc version?
I have both PC and android version and now i see that android version is totally fu...d up in terms of ball movement.
On Star Trek table i have record on PC 8.9 billion on android i can hardly score 1.2 billion because the ball constantly runs out by outlanes or between flipers.
This is very frustrating - sorry my bad english.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
android version is totally fu...d up in terms of ball movement.
it is actually PC version that is fu...d up in terms of ball movement with that ridiculous nudging. I also have some a lot better scores on my first try on PC than I ever managed to score on android. In other words, PC version sucks, it's so easy with unrealistic nudge up to the point that it is so boooooooring. Pinball is not about stamina, it should be about skill.

hitman12

Jun 11, 2014
It's hard to master table when every ball escapes from the playfield after 10-20 seconds of play and player can't do something with that,it's ****ed up gameplay,i played real table Star Trek and ball wasn't escaping from playfield that much,the same problem is with few others tables,it's very frustrating,and i don't use nudging too much.I played android version for few months and i never get to final mission on this table,on pc i played 2 days to achieve that.I'm not a newbie,have You ever played Balls Of Steel pinball on PC?
On Firestorm table i was able to twist a clock around on a score table.From now on i prefer physics from PC,on android weight of the ball seems to me too light,on pc is much better.Anyway it's a great game,i played Zen Pinball earlier but Pinball Arcade is way better.Nothing beats real pinball tables,in Zen tables are too simple,basically most tables are the same - only ramps and combos with simple rules and playfield.And Timeshock Ultra! is in development - these 4 tables are the best digital pinball i ever played ;)

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
One point I can agree(this one I have wrote also inthis forum) : On some table it look like, that the ball is not heavy enough, specialy if the ball does not active a bumper... from diff. producer TPA is the best was I've seen, I've buy 3 table of Marvell, add. 1 Zen... it does not make fun enough ... to unrealistic. I cannot compare Android with the PC Version, (on Android some Table Mastergoals are still open) but it doesn't make fun over long time, it is to easy. A little challenge should be. but a realistic one

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I started playing on Android in May 2013 and bought the PC version in December. A lot of the high scores I achieved on Android were gone after 1-3 played games on PC. But I wouldn't blame the physics, for me it's more a question of precision with a controller vs. a touch input.

hitman12

Jun 11, 2014
And screen on notebook is much larger than my Note 2;)
Anyway it's great game but i must buy notebook with better graphics,i play on lenovo G560 with Intel Graphics,runs smoothly on lowest settings but i must turn off ball reflections.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Why physics engine on android devices is so much worst than pc version?
I have both PC and android version and now i see that android version is totally fu...d up in terms of ball movement.
On Star Trek table i have record on PC 8.9 billion on android i can hardly score 1.2 billion because the ball constantly runs out by outlanes or between flipers.
This is very frustrating - sorry my bad english.

Sounds about right. PC version is way to easy. On the Real Life ST:TNG table where I play, 1.2 billion is a good game. 8.9 is over the high score to date and is godly for a real life table. One person put up a 8.2 billion on an amazing game a few months ago. Even our leagues top players rarely make 2 billion.

I mostly play on Android just because of the difference between platforms.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The ball physics are different on some tables. Android is usually harder. It seems that the Android version has often a randomizer. On PC you can loop certain patterns almost forever. On CC (PC version) you don't have to fear the gold mine and on my droid I have these STDMs. Skill Shots are different to make. The skill shot on BoP is impossible for me on Steam. My AFM scores are higher on my droid because the tractor ramp is an easy shot. On Steam that's nearly impossible. TOM way easier on Steam ...
Overall Steam physics are probably not realistic.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Anyone who says the physics are identical should try trapping a ball out of the scoop kickout on monster bash on console/pc and on mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.