Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.6 Bugs

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
It seems right now I can get pretty much all tables to run silky smooth most of the time except funhouse, sometimes it's somewhat playable with the hud on and sometimes not at all

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
@George Yes with the next update it will load on Droidx (and older such phones) faster.

@everyone - Thank you guys =) we are working on getting a test cycle in place but the company that facilitated our APK file is having issues. I will post here if they can get me a good process to get you guys builds.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
@everyone - Thank you guys =) we are working on getting a test cycle in place but the company that facilitated our APK file is having issues. I will post here if they can get me a good process to get you guys builds.

Awesome news Ryan. I would love to do some beta testing and I really think you need to get this done.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I want to Beta test too. That way when I am playing TPA and my wife calls I can tell her I am working!

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
@George Yes with the next update it will load on Droidx (and older such phones) faster.

You mean you guys don't make your own .APK file? Or am I thinking this wrong?

also is it possible for you guys to get update for android to fix these slowdowns and stuff sometime this month instead of waiting for next update + new DLC next month?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You mean you guys don't make your own .APK file? Or am I thinking this wrong?

also is it possible for you guys to get update for android to fix these slowdowns and stuff sometime this month instead of waiting for next update + new DLC next month?

I think maybe Ryan was talking about the company that hosts the download server for the .APK files....but I could be wrong.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Played all tables last night and they was all playing pretty good on my tablet even CV wasn't too bad though rather slow. Strange how it varies from choppy ball movement one time to playing fine another it might be an Android issue(I'm on ICS) one thing last night is that I had just taken the tab off a full charge and went straight on TPA without opening any other app or browser.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok Ryan, a quick update on the table lag on the HTC EVO 3D. I found that if I select a table and exit the app (while the table is still selected) with the home button and then return to the table (either immediately or later on), the lag is completely gone. I've done this for all eight tables and now have absolutely no lag on any of the tables except FH, which I have to disable the HUD to completely eliminate the lag on that table. The only thing is, if the app is reset (either by force closing it or when I reboot my phone), the lag returns on all tables and I have to go through the aforementioned procedure for each table to get rid of the lag again.

Also, the three solar value lights on the back right corner of TM : BOPB no longer work after updating to 1.0.6.

Last but not least, the half a second sound delay is gone from the flipper sounds, but still remains for the rest of the mechanical sounds after updating to 1.0.6 on HTC EVO 3D.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Ok Ryan, a quick update on the table lag on the HTC EVO 3D. I found that if I select a table and exit the app (while the table is still selected) with the home button and then return to the table (either immediately or later on), the lag is completely gone. I've done this for all eight tables and now have absolutely no lag on any of the tables except FH, which I have to disable the HUD to completely eliminate the lag on that table. The only thing is, if the app is reset (either by force closing it or when I reboot my phone), the lag returns on all tables and I have to go through the aforementioned procedure for each table to get rid of the lag again.

Glad you found an EVO workaround PinWiz!
Just restored 1.0.6 app+data and tried this on my phone (HTC Desire S - 2.3.7 gingerbread rom=CM7.2-RC2 1ghz single core processor, 1GB int mem)
But unfortunately this had no affect other than than the "random times when 1.0.6 just appears to work perfectly" which was occuring before this suggested fix.
Tried on BOP, MM, FH and TOM, but all 4 tables were the same with framerate & sound lag, but still with random pockets of working normally.
Going back to 1.0.5 again.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Hi, I love Pinball Arcade on my Nexus S, so I bought a tablet almost exclusively to be able to play it on a bigger screen :)

Unfortunately, when I updated yesterday, I noticed the lag which renders all tables unplayable on the tablet (1.5 GHz). On the phone it still runs smooth as silk, even though it is only 1GHz. Both devices are single core, Cortex A8 based.

The only difference I can think of is that the tablet's cpu is manufactured by AllWinner and includes a 400MHz Mali GPU (source) whereas the Nexus S has a separate 200 MHz PowerVR SGX 540 GPU.

I would be more than happy to participate in any beta testing, just let me know.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Just had a hell of a time trying to play the game in landscape mode. Turning my phone while the game was in table select froze and force quit the game. Launching the game in landscape mode worked, but I had the usual Facebook login crash. Then, I started in landscape, logged into Facebook, and when I got kicked back to table select, I had some weird audio static, and the game force quit. Launching it AGAIN repeated all of the previous attempts steps, other than the audio. I had to restart my phone to get it to work.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy 10.1

After playing a game of Ripleys I tried to access the leaderboards (previously logged in) and while I would hear the chime the game would not proceed to the leaderboards.
I existed to the table selection screen and tried to access the leaderboards from there. When I pressed the leaderboard button I would again hear the chime but instead of proceeding to the leaderboards the Table of the Month icon appeared underneath the Stern logo. Scrolling over to the other tables the Table of the Month icon remained under the various logos.

Entering and exiting various tables had no effect on this behavior.

After closing the program and restarting I was again able to login and view scores though the high score I had achieved in Ripley's (which was higher then my previously posted score) had not been recorded.

Also of note, though I had earned Grand Champion I was not given the option to post to Facebook during my original game.

Last edited:

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Hi, I love Pinball Arcade on my Nexus S, so I bought a tablet almost exclusively to be able to play it on a bigger screen :)

Unfortunately, when I updated yesterday, I noticed the lag which renders all tables unplayable on the tablet (1.5 GHz). On the phone it still runs smooth as silk, even though it is only 1GHz. Both devices are single core, Cortex A8 based.

The only difference I can think of is that the tablet's cpu is manufactured by AllWinner and includes a 400MHz Mali GPU (source) whereas the Nexus S has a separate 200 MHz PowerVR SGX 540 GPU.

I would be more than happy to participate in any beta testing, just let me know.
Today, a firmware update for the tablet was released, which makes most of the tables playable. Only Funhouse still copes with terrible lags. The other tables play well enough, although the flippers move slightly later than I tapped the screen.

I do notice now when turning the screen from landscape to portrait, it turns black for at least half a minute without any sign of life.

Last edited:

palpha

May 21, 2012
Hello people. Playing on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Theatre of Magic was smooth (after the usual incantations – airplane mode, start the game, home screen, kill game, start game with phone tilted, etc) until one of the recent updates. Now unplayable, HUD on or off. However, since I can't beat my own 3.18 billion highscore, maybe I should focus on other tables :).

Medieval Madness and Arabian Nights, choppy frame rate, used to be relatively smooth.

Bride of Pin·bot, unplayable since release.

Love the game, but sad that I currently can't play the tables on a phone that's not the crappiest piece of hardware out there.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Just fyi guys we are planning on putting an update tomorrow night that should help with this. Also the move to sd card implementation is in and working.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Just fyi guys we are planning on putting an update tomorrow night that should help with this. Also the move to sd card implementation is in and working.
Sweet, I may have to bum off my fiancee's superior WiFi to grab everything. Is the Facebook posting feature back as well, or is that June?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012

Will this update fix the double music problem? I can't play Funhouse with that happening. Gets annoying as hell.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Also, once you have downloaded the new version, boot it up and your files should be moved to an external storage if one exists. Facebook wall posting was causing crashes, this was set to low priority so not this update. However leaderboards still work =)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.