Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.6 Bugs

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Also, once you have downloaded the new version, boot it up and your files should be moved to an external storage if one exists. Facebook wall posting was causing crashes, this was set to low priority so not this update. However leaderboards still work =)
Damn. My brother is playing on iOS and it works fine there, very jealous that people are commenting on his scores - especially when mine are a bit better :)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Looks like the build is being pushed until tomorrow to let some of you beta test for us, but reports are looking better so far! Thank you for your patience!

N

Nik Barbour

Looks like the build is being pushed until tomorrow to let some of you beta test for us, but reports are looking better so far! Thank you for your patience!

Just finished initial Beta test, and it fixes all issues on my device at stock cpu settings with no tweaks or funny button press combo's.
Start up speed is improved (6 secs to splash, 2 secs more to start with no touch required)
7 tables play with no audio or video lag, CV is not lagging (ball moves at speed expected, but app skips some frames to get it where its meant to be), but compared to 1.0.6 is perfectly playable.
Landscape mode works again - but does suffers from lag (I dont use this personally though).
Data to SD is automatic first time app runs (No table data download this ver).
Summary:- Its awesome again!
Thanks Ryan and Farsight!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I was flying back from Miami today so I was pretty late replying to the beta test email. If I don't get a apk this round, count me in for the next.

Regards

Nathan Hortness

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
I got the email about the beta test and it said the next email will have link to download it but I still haven't gotten the email yet. Are you still doing beta testing?

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Quick performance test on SGS2 with Android ICS and newest stock rom / update with the beta apk:

All tables run smoother than ever! No "hud off / on" trick needed on BoP. FH runs smoothly with hud on, which was impossible before! No performance issues when resuming from "sleep-mode" or "home screen". Thus as far as performance goes: this build is the most stable and lag-free I've had! I can only second Nik's opinion =)

Thanks FarSight!

Be aware though, that none of the other table specific bugs was adressed in this update, as it seems to be a performance fix only. Oh wait, actually I did notice one change: CV is "hud off" as a default, when starting the table! Awesome!

N

Nik Barbour

Thus as far as performance goes: this build is the most stable and lag-free I've had! I can only second Nik's opinion =)
Thanks FarSight!
Be aware though, that none of the other table specific bugs was adressed in this update, as it seems to be a performance fix only. Oh wait, actually I did notice one change: CV is "hud off" as a default, when starting the table! Awesome!

Done some more testing today (I had to force myself to go to bed last night, it was midnight, and I have to get up for work at 05:40 - I was a bit over excited to be testing).

Today switched roms on my device, and can report performance is great in both MIUI and CyanogenMod roms.
Some additional fixes I noticed are.....

(As goforthewall points out) CV HUD is set to off as default.

Tables that have the end of game feature 'match number for free play' (like MM, BOP, CV) will now let you continue instantly - previous ver had a 10 sec pause on my device before you could continue for a new game.

Multiball cam override had a slight twitch on my device in 1.0.6 where it would kind of forget the override, move camera a bit and suddenly remember - I've not seen it do this in the beta.

Other table specific bugs are still present though (troll bombs, MM flipper spacing etc.....)

Can't express how great this beta version plays, on my old and faithfull but minimum spec device (1ghz cpu single core, 1Gb Int mem), its the smoothest and most stable release yet and this is running standard, with no cpu overclock, or funny button press sequences, it just runs 'as is'.

I've bought an XBOX360 just to play TPA on recently because I was worried my phone was a little old and may be left behind by TPA eventually, but the tables all play so great on my phone now - have I wasted my money (naw - I can play GTA again now!).

Just hope these improvements don't cause anyone else any problems now.

Got 6 weeks of performance interupted play to catch up on (since 1.0.5 release) so you may not see me much for a while.

Thanks again Ryan / Farsight!

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
You guys are so lucky to be part of Beta testing... I hope I will be chosen some other time. Meanwhile I will be having a hard time to sleep today checking for updates every 10 minutes.

N

Nik Barbour

You guys are so lucky to be part of Beta testing... I hope I will be chosen some other time. Meanwhile I will be having a hard time to sleep today checking for updates every 10 minutes.

Don't worry mate, PinWiz'l ping you through the news thread as soon as it's ready.
Catch some ZZZZZZ's - nothing gets past PinWiz.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012

Well, you may only beta test, if you pledge at least $500 on the kickstarter page... NAH - just kidding ;-) But I wonder if only the six people will be able to beta test the "Twilight Zone"... Because while I love helping out in the beta, I can't quite afford the $500 price tag for TZ =(

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
Don't worry mate, PinWiz'l ping you through the news thread as soon as it's ready.
Catch some ZZZZZZ's - nothing gets past PinWiz.

I am very sure he will. But that means that instead of checking google play every 10 minutes I will have to hit F5 every 10 minutes which will not help much with sleeping possibility. ;)

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I got the email about the beta test and it said the next email will have link to download it but I still haven't gotten the email yet. Are you still doing beta testing?

Apparently the second email is from a company called Apaloosa. I think I deleted the first email from them thinking it was just spam. Norman @ Farsight said he would sent me another link today.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

I am very sure he will. But that means that instead of checking google play every 10 minutes I will have to hit F5 every 10 minutes which will not help much with sleeping possibility. ;)

I use Gmail through my phone, and have thread tool set to 'immediate email on new post' so you get a beep every time someone posts on that thread.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We do have some additional fixes that were put in after I made the beta release. Namely, flippers no longer play when menu option sound off is set, the weird clicking noise on Cirqus when atop the head is gone, the knocker sound for the boom bumper has been fixed, and there was an issue with cirqus that we are fixing now that put two balls into the plunger lane (something to do with the jugler). So hopefully that will be fixed in the next hour and we will put a little test on it and get it out there for all you guys. Oh, also the mechanical sounds were a bit louder than the music, that has also been fixed. Thanks again for all you guys that Beta tested!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I'm just curious about how to obtain a "golden ticket" for beta testing :D:

• Are there particular requirements to becoming an android beta tester?
  • Do you limit testing to more seasoned users of the forum?
  • Do you limit testing to stock devices?
  • Are you looking for a particular device subset you know issues are presenting on?

Also, some ideas to help you work out who wants to test on a regular basis for you:

• Start a sticky thread requesting willing users, and their device specs?
  • Give us an idea of the type of information you need from us: device specs, devices owned, etc.
  • Perhaps device names could be written using the product name as written on the manufacturer's website so you could perform consistent searches in the thread?

Anyhow, just some ideas. Take them, or leave them. ;)

N

Nik Barbour

We do have some additional fixes that were put in after I made the beta release. Namely, flippers no longer play when menu option sound off is set, the weird clicking noise on Cirqus when atop the head is gone, the knocker sound for the boom bumper has been fixed, and there was an issue with cirqus that we are fixing now that put two balls into the plunger lane (something to do with the jugler). So hopefully that will be fixed in the next hour and we will put a little test on it and get it out there for all you guys. Oh, also the mechanical sounds were a bit louder than the music, that has also been fixed. Thanks again for all you guys that Beta tested!

Anytime - thanks for putting this out to us all!
Again - Nice job, beta release performance is awesome.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
No clue, Gord might be able to answer that better =) but I will ask around here too. I just provide the apk ;)

Those are great ideas! With all the rush in getting the amazon version out we did not have time to make a set cycle for testing but I think we should do this in the future. I will forward on these suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.