Bug Android Version 1.0.9 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok, I got the order to post what we had, the login feature will have to remain as it is for now, I tried to quickly slap something in but it was causing crashes and I would hate to release something broken, so...due to time restrictions we will have to wait until next week or so to fix that any many other things, now phew let me go back and properly respond to your posts =)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yes for certain, some of them have already been fixed and I want to add some graphical updates to the engine (Anti aliasing has been something that has always been fragmented but i have nearly finished it). Also I would like to add higher vertex models that users can switch to if they desire. With JellyBean updates, new login system (created the web side of it as well) and Google requesting some stability bug fixes for feature we had to re-prioritize unfortunately. As these tables pile up it is going to be a challenge for sure but I have not forgotten them, but all my overtime was put elsewhere.

@Ryan...I haven't run into any game breaking bugs just yet, but I had a question. Are there going to be any fixes to any of the previous tables? As of now, I only had to re-download Monster Bash, but all the other tables still have the same bugs and other imperfections that were previously reported.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
You will be fine, I couldnt increment the version or your purchasing wouldnt work (since it matches with the one that is current up on Google's server)

Just downloaded the new apk. So it updates your current version to include the new tables but this apk is still 1.0.9. Is there a bad consequences for buying pack 4 through the apk or should i wait for the official release? Btw switching my rezound portrait/landscape has been improved. Its almost a perfect transition, it now just stutters for half a sec. New tables run great!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Forwarded this one to Mike

You are correct, the display bug only happens when 2-Ball multi-ball is activated. 3-Ball multiball goes through the correct display sequence. I edited my post above because I found the display bug occurs on every single game you play and activate 2-Ball multi-ball.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Most of this is Mike's I am composing a list for him to double check. The facebook login should work with just a browser or the app, tested to work anyhow though some people have issues for some reason on the app itself.

TOSHIBA THRIVE 10.1" TABLET
ANDROID 3.2.1
TEGRA 2

Please excuse use of UPPER CASE. Cutting and pasting from field notes and I don't intend to retype just to spare some sensitive flower's notion that text size is always an implied vocal level - sometimes it's simply an aesthetic choice. I own all tables but only had the time to test those mentioned. I've not had any performance problems specific to my device with any update or DLC since the initial release. I decided to create an account and participate because I've not seen anyone post performance impressions with a Toshiba Thrive. I've been lurking around the forums as a guest for 4-5 months and you all seem like good sorts so until the FB trolls invade I hope to be of some small assistance for those few in the thrive niche. Finally, I've played the early TPA/PHOF tables in situ many times having been a pinhead since the mid-70's and the age of Pong, Vector Graphics, and the Aladdin's Castle arcade franchise and while I am equally enthralled with the newer mission based tables, Far Sight has provided this crusty old Master Sergeant with a veritable "way-back" machine by presenting the older tables of that time and I hope they will continue to keep our demographic in mind as they move forward.

TABLES:

BLACK KNIGHT - 3 BALL MULTIBALL / SPOKEN AUDIO / CUTS OUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER "FIGHT" (*1)

(*1) NOTE: WHEN LOCKING AND STARTING 3-BALL MULTIBALL FROM THE UPPER PLAY FIELD THE WHOLE PHRASE IS SPOKEN; WHEN INITIATING 3-BALL MULTIBALL FROM THE LOWER PLAY FIELD TRAP (SAUCER) ONLY "FIGHT" IS SPOKEN. UPDATE: APPEARS TO BE INTERMITTENT WITH EITHER AN UPPER OR LOWER PLAY FIELD RELEASE; BEST I CAN DETERMINE AT THIS POINT IS A SINGLE LEFT FLIPPER PUSH SEEMS TO TRIGGER INTERRUPT.

BLACK KNIGHT - 2 BALL MULTIBALL / SCORE DISPLAY AS REPORTED BY OTHERS (*2)

(*2) NOTE: I'VE INITIATED 2-BALL MULTIPLE BALL BOTH BEFORE A 3-BALL MULTIBALL AND AFTER AND HAVE NOT REPLICATED THIS PROBLEM ON MY DEVICE.

BLACK KNIGHT - TRAP (SAUCER) / LOWER PLAY FIELD - PHYSICS (*3)

(*3) NOTE: I BELIEVE THAT I NOTED TWO BALLS-IN-PLAY OCCUPY THE SAME PHYSICAL SPACE AT THE SAME TIME WHEN SHOT INTO THE LOWER PLAY FIELD SAUCER IN QUICK SUCCESSION; RELEASE SEEMED TO BE PREDICATED ON THE ARRIVAL OF THE FIRST BALL - BUT THERE WAS A LONG ENOUGH DELAY TO OBSERVE THAT ONLY ONE BALL WAS VISIBLE IN THE TRAP AREA - THE BALLS DID NOT PHYSICALLY INTERACT UNTIL EXITING THE TRAP AREA.

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON - NO PROBLEMS NOTED

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT - NO PROBLEMS NOTED

BLACK HOLE - NO NEW PROBLEMS NOTED (*4)

(*4) NOTE: BOTTOM PLAY FIELD W/ BALL LOCKED - STRONG SHOT TO LOCKED BALL POSITION RESULTED IN BALL IN PLAY JUMPING (TRANSPORTING) TO CENTER OF BOTTOM PLAY FIELD BETWEEN DROP TARGETS AND POP-BUMPER W/O ANY VISIBLE POINT TO POINT TRAVEL. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH SAME SHOT (MULTIPLE OCCURRENCES) HAS RESULTED IN BALL SENT TO PLUNGER (SINGLE BALL MODE) AND BALL OFF TABLE BUT NOT RECOGNIZED AS LOST (MULTIBALL MODE).

MEDIEVAL MADNESS - NO NEW PROBLEMS NOTED (*5)

(*5) NOTE: FLIPPER ROTATION POINT / SPACING DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE CHANGED; DRAGON RAMP ACCELERATES BALL UNREALISTICALLY

MONSTER BASH - NO PROBLEMS NOTED (TABLE UPDATE)

APPLICATION:

OPTIONS MENU (TEXTURES) - NO PROBLEMS NOTED SWITCHING BACK AND FORTH

LOGIN - SINGLE OCCURRENCE / REOPENED APP FROM MINIMIZED STATE AND LOGIN DIALOG OPENED OVER SPLASH SCREEN (*6)

(*6) NOTE: UNDER WHAT CONDITION OR DEPENDENCY DOES THE TERTIARY LOGIN DIALOG (FACEBOOK TRACKING YES/NO) ACTUALLY WORK? IS THIS AN EXTERNAL DEPENDENCY ON A 3RD PARTY FB APPLICATION?

TABLET ORIENTATION (PORTRAIT / LANDSCAPE) - ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE IN FRAME RATE NOTED.

Cheers,

Pop Sergeant
25 July 2012

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah the sound is in the table file =) design decision

Just a small detail that I've noticed. If you haven't downloaded the table, for example Black Knight in this .apk, the music for that game won't play when you scroll through the tables in the table selection menu. It's the music from the last table that you have already downloaded that keeps playing. Only a minor thing as I said :)

Edit: I might add that I so far haven't experienced the BK 2 ball multiball bug other users have reported. SGSII, Android 4.0.3.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for all your hard work Ryan, it's very much appreciated. I hope the bugs list I posted dwindles down over time and hopefully future tables won't require as much work.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Wow pinwiz, you are very thorough! We are lucky to have you on our side. I have passed on the info, some of this is already fixed and will be released with the new version next weekish as I mentioned earlier.

TPA BETA 1.1.0 installed on HTC EVO 3D running Andriod 2.3.4. Only running apps in the background my phone requires. Phone was reset before running TPA BETA.

Black Hole :

When you have two balls in play on the lower playfield and one ball re-enters the top playfield, the camera does not zoom out so you can see both the top and bottom playfields...However, the camera does zoom out when the second ball re-enters the top playfield.
• Missing spiral tube the ball falls through to get to the bottom playfield.
• Missing plastics on top of slings on the bottom playfield.
• Missing clear tube ball travels through to get to the top playfield.
• Missing various speech samples when ball hits various objects on the bottom playfield.
• Bumpers should be round and not octagon.
• All digits on display should be lit up with 0's and change as the player scores
• Slingshot animations are missing.

Black Knight :

Activating 2-ball multi-ball causes the flashing 2's to stay on the display for the duration of the current game...The display never goes back to showing your score when you lose a ball during 2-ball multi-ball. The display resets only when you start a new game.
• ROM sound samples should not overlap each other...New sound should cancel the previous sound.
• Black Knight speech should play in full with no other sounds playing...Other sounds should not cancel Black Knight speech.
• All digits on display should be lit up with 0's and change as the player scores...The 1 digit should light on the right side of the digit light instead of the left side.
• Bottom right flipper does not pivot from the correct axis point on the round end of the flipper.

Cirqus Voltaire :

• Ball is underneath plunger graphic instead of in front of it while in the plunger lane.
• High wire ramp missing decal.
• Missing wire ball guides underneath flippers.
• Cannon ball periodically shoots out of the top of the backbox...Cannon ball is reset and mode continues.
• Logo on right side of backbox is backwards, but artwork is correct.

Creature from the Black Lagoon :

• Right flipper does not pivot from the correct axis point on the round end of the flipper.

Funhouse :

• Some framerate lag with HUD on...No lag with HUD off. Texture Option set to high/normal makes no difference.
• Inside of cabinet should be blue.
• Artwork on right side of backbox is backwards.
• Right flipper does not pivot from the correct axis point on the round end of the flipper.

Gorgar :

• Ball is glitching through plunger casing.
• ROM sound samples should not overlap each other...New sound should cancel the previous sound.
• Gorgar speech should play in full with no other sounds playing...Other sounds should not cancel Gorgar speech.
• Gorgars speech and hearbeat sound seem to be completely absent on random games when playing consecutive games.
• Sound sample that's supposed to play when you light all three top roll-over lights (A, B, C) is missing.
• Drop targets need to be scripted to where the last drop target hit falls and stays hidden for at least half a second before all drop targets reset.
• Both flippers do not pivot from the correct axis points on the round end of the flippers.
• The clear plastic that covers the right orbit lane just behind the spinner is missing.
• The screws are missing from the metal rails leading to the flippers.
• The steel rail at the top of the playfield is missing.
• All digits on display should be lit up with 0's and change as the player scores...The 1 digit should light on the right side of the digit light instead of the left side.

Medieval Madness :

• Fast shot to Merlin Lock travels through the back to the bumpers without locking.
• Flippers are spaced a little too far apart.
• Both flippers do not pivot from the correct axis points on the round end of the flippers.
• Top four red flashers do not work.
• Dragon wire ramp does not slow down ball before dropping onto inlane.
• Weak shot to the Peasant ramp causes ball to go straight down the middle...Metal guides on ramp have no effect on ball.
• Flag decals on the apron are set too high.
• Draw bridge missing wood graphic on inside of open draw bridge.
• Gate on Damsel Ramp does not drop to allow the ball to travel to the Tower...Shot up the Dragon Ramp still awards a Damsel Rescue.
• Artwork on both sides of the backbox are backwards.

Monster Bash :

• Artwork on right side of backbox is backwards.

Ripley’s Believe It or Not! :

• Cannot see plunger through hole on top of plunger casing.
• Both orange triangle graphics on apron have an extra “FOR” in the text...Should read “PRESS AND HOLD FLIPPER BUTTON FOR INFO.”

Tales of the Arabian Nights :

• Some framerate lag...Hud enabled/disable and Texture Option set to high/normal makes no difference
• Weak shot to spiral ramp causes the ball to rock back and forth 3-4 times before falling through the hole towards the bottom of ramp. Ball should fall through hole immediately or after 1 pass
• Genie magnet activates and moves ball during multi-ball and princess locks...Magnet should not activate during these two locks.
• Ball does not sit directly in front of plunger while in the plunger lane.
• Artwork and logo on left side of the backbox is backwards...Artwork on right side of the backbox is backwards, but logo is correct.

Theatre of Magic :

• Plunger and plunger casing graphics missing.
• Logo on left side of backbox is backwards, but artwork is correct.

The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot :

• Some framerate lag with HUD on...No lag with HUD off. Texture Option set to high/normal makes no difference.
• Pin•Bot value lights at top right of playfield do not work.
• Artwork on both sides of the backbox are backwards.

All Tables :

• All mechanical sounds, except for the flipper sound, have a half second delay.
• The magnet sound is a loud intermitting sound and should be a constant magnetic sound...see Xbox 360 for magnet sound reference.
• Flipper shadows are static...They should be animated and move with the flippers.
• All roll-over sensors should be animated.
• On tables with a manual plunger, after first bounce off the tip of the plunger, ball can be hit without the ball contacting the plunger a second time...The ball should only be able to be hit while in contact with the tip of the plunger.

NOTE : I have highlighted bugs on both Black Hole and Black Knight that you guys may want to correct before releasing the final build.

@Ryan, please take whatever information you need from this post and pass the rest on to the correct person or persons. Thanks.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not to my knowledge but I can pass this on (this is ussually a legacy issue)

I also noticed that the dot matrix on "Creature from the Black Laggon" is ​​displayed on a table! But on the other tables, there is still a blank black display... Will this be improved in the future?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks Nik! Glad that texture option worked for you =D you inspired that one. Hopefully I can address the login issues next week. Was it just the progress bar or the whole screen? I am not seeing it but I think I might know what it is.

I'm struggling to summon the will to Pinball this week, after Tuesdays initial xbox dlc excitement, then on-going release problems, but thought i'd give this a go to cheer myself up.

Single core device. Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread, 1gb Int Mem Device HTC Desire S running MIUI 2.4.2GB (no overclock for testing)

Good Stuff:-
Immediately checked texture was set to normal, tried all tables. All working v-nicely.
Funhouse & BOP now work nice and smoothly with HUD on with zero lag. (v-laggy in 1.0.9)
transition from Landscape to Portrait and vice versa is now seamless (used to be very bad).
Texture switch works perfectly (most noticable in Funhouse).

Bad stuff:-
Apart from the things others have mentioned.....
When downloading the table data for Black knight & Monster bash, the screen with the progress bar for the download was graphically corrupted for both tables.
New login dosn't work 100% if I have Texture High for some reason.
New login if selected 'compare leaderboard scores with Facebook friends' causes force close everytime i've tested (and I only have 2 facebook friends :)).

General:-
Don't like having to type in email and pass each time you login (thank god for swiftkey x prediction!).

Also - I play TPA on my phone using the 'Sixaxis App' (lets you use PS3 controller) but prior to starting TPA, I have to switch my keyboard to sixaxis, then fire up TPA. But now have to type in email and pass in this version, so I have to long press in dialogue box, switch back to swiftkey, enter details, and remember to long press dialogue to switch back to sixaxis app, prior to pressing 'OK'.

All in all - Really pleased with this beta. Previous version was crippling my GPU in BOP and especially FH (sods law - my favorite tables), but I also noticed Gorgar runs better in this version too.
Still got the xbox blues - but thats another thread!

Excellent job Ryan!- Hope it works as nicely for everyone else!
And...Hope you have a great time celebrating your wifes birthday this weekend!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Are you testing on a galaxy s? My wife has the same one so I will see if the FB error occurs. Thank you for your patience however, with this much of the login changed there were bound to be some issues but I assure you they will be addressed soon! I will make sure to make it persistent in the next update, I ran out of time and it was crashing like crazy with the saving code

New login system doesn't work very well. The fact it doesn't remember your login information and Facebook login still freezes the app.

Why can't you make it a persistant login?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Not to my knowledge but I can pass this on (this is ussually a legacy issue)

I think he was referring to the realtime DMD being implemented on the backbox of Creature from the Black Lagoon. It would be great if all tables had realtime scoreboards and DMDs on the backbox.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah, its ussually just a texture swap (we use the same texture data just mapped to another poly) but a lot of the old tables have not been updated.

I think he was referring to the realtime DMD being implemented on the backbox of Creature from the Black Lagoon. It would be great if all tables had realtime scoreboards and DMDs on the backbox.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Are you testing on a galaxy s? My wife has the same one so I will see if the FB error occurs. Thank you for your patience however, with this much of the login changed there were bound to be some issues but I assure you they will be addressed soon! I will make sure to make it persistent in the next update, I ran out of time and it was crashing like crazy with the saving code
Yeah Samsung Galaxy S, after it freezes, loading it back up works a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts