Bug Android Version 1.0.9 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That's the ultra-realistic overhead camera, when it falls off its mounting plate and is swinging from the safety cable.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We can't repro this, if you delete the blackhole.rez file and redownload does it still happen?

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
Hmm... I delete BlackHole file, redownload it from the Internet and this bug still happens..

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, is there anything new in the apk file you posted, besides a fix for restoring transactions, that needs testing?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
No but thank you =) that was the only thing that changed, essentially I just added some "sleeps" between the database creation and the restore transactions so that no collisions were possible. Also took out a redundant query.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No but thank you =) that was the only thing that changed, essentially I just added some "sleeps" between the database creation and the restore transactions so that no collisions were possible. Also took out a redundant query.

Don't forget about me if you need help beta testing on Android (HTC EVO 3D). I thought I gave you guys extensive and detailed feedback the last time...or was that the problem? :D

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
no that was great! =D I think I will post all future beta builds here so that its easier for me to get feed back

CptWasp

Jun 22, 2012

Hi, if you can remember to give a look to the crash after login problem. I have made a lot of tests, it seems that
1) killing Facebook app
2) re-opening the facebook app
3) starting PA
works 75% of times, but not always. If you simply start the game on my phone (normally the facebook app is resident in memory) it crashes 95% of times.
When crashing I have 10% of times horrible sounds from the speaker, 30% of times the "send report" screen and 60% of times... just nothing, it crashes to the home.

Another user here is reporting the same problem on Android 4.0.4 (I'm on 2.3.5 not rooted).

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I recently got the right flipper stuck in the up position on both Bride of Pinbot and Black Hole. It behaved exactly like a stuck flipper on a physical machine. Ending the game from the table menu was the only way out, as far as I could tell.

Not sure if this is a TPA bug, or an Android/touch driver bug, or some interaction between the two.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sounds like it could be a driver issue, i have seen this before, usually a tap fixes it.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
sounds like it could be a driver issue, i have seen this before, usually a tap fixes it.

In this case it didn't, but I think I've seen that too. I suspect the touch driver on this thing is generally wonky.

I know that, on some platforms, Android occasionally complains on the debugging backchannel when it sees what it thinks is a logically inconsistent chain of MotionEvents.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah I have seen drivers on some devices confuse fingers too, I had to put in some hacky code to fix that but I haven't seen it happen again like that, i will have to keep an eye out

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Just had an odd bug. I launched TPA, logged into Facebook to check the leaderboards. It worked and I checked, then decided I didn't want to play after all. I hit the Back soft key on my SGS II, and nothing happened other than the haptic feedback. It would not exit the game and would not leave the table select screen. None of the four soft keys did anything besides give haptic feedback, and my phone was getting a little hot, so I had to force a restart by holding down the power key for 7 or 8 seconds. When it rebooted my battery life went from around 60% to 10%.

First time this has happened to me. Maybe it's an isolated thing, or maybe having Skype, imo and Twicca open at the same time had something to do with it.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Just had an odd bug. I launched TPA, logged into Facebook to check the leaderboards. It worked and I checked, then decided I didn't want to play after all. I hit the Back soft key on my SGS II, and nothing happened other than the haptic feedback. It would not exit the game and would not leave the table select screen. None of the four soft keys did anything besides give haptic feedback, and my phone was getting a little hot, so I had to force a restart by holding down the power key for 7 or 8 seconds. When it rebooted my battery life went from around 60% to 10%.

When I start TPA, I occasionally just get a black screen on startup and I have to reboot the phone. I assume it's just some kind of low-memory/thrashing condition rather than any bug in TPA; my Sidekick 4G is probably near the low end of the range of devices that are actually capable of running it, and it has such problems with other games.

This sounds a little different, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts