Bug Android Version 1.0.9 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Is Android getting a bug fix update this week? I was hoping to see the corrected flipper spacing and bug fixes for Medieval Madness.

N

Nik Barbour

Looking forward to the texture quality / graphics menu being implemented.
I'm missing Funhouse now - but have gotten into Gorgar in its absence!

targa

Apr 12, 2012
Noticed a performance drop between portrait vs landscape mode.(samsung gt2 7",ics,dual core arm,powervr 540 1024*600).
In landscape ball animation is very smooth and it gets a bit stuttering in portrait.No matter how i overclock the chip.
There is also a small performance drop when resuming game from pause.Looks like the game looses priority or something?

Last of all graphics in the back of tables are ugly.In monster bash for example the pictures of monster at the top of playfield look like pixel soup.I guess it's because this gpu doesn't support anisotropic filter.

Thank you FarSight for this great game.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Unfortunately no, we have a few things on the burner that are taking up my priority (including the new Pinball Arcade login system). There are several art bugs we will address, hopefully next week we will get a fix out for these and the texture quality issue. Thanks for your patience! The medieval bugs have been fixed though =)

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
targa, its most definitely the lack of the filter. Its up to the manufacturer to implement this so there is no rhyme or reason to which devices have it (for example the galaxy s 2 has it, all tegra devices have it, but the galaxy nexus does not have it).

Could be priority, android swaps things around like crazy. The difference in portrait and landscape could be due to the device (a few devices have a native display that is faster), fillrate, and which camera you are using.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Unfortunately no, we have a few things on the burner that are taking up my priority (including the new Pinball Arcade login system). There are several art bugs we will address, hopefully next week we will get a fix out for these and the texture quality issue. Thanks for your patience! The medieval bugs have been fixed though =)

Thanks for the update Ryan, looking forward to seeing the fixes you guys/gals have been working on as well as CFTBL and BK. :)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah we are baffled with that bug, we can't get it to happen for the life of us...very strange. Noone else seeing this one eh?

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
Ryan, camera flying depends in which moment you press Start button!

Also, if you switch to camera 2 or camera 3 everything will be ok! But if you after that switch to camera 1, then you will go flying into space again! =)

Fuzzini

Jul 3, 2012
Hey all, just downloaded a few tables (Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire and Medieval Madness) for my HTC Evo LTE, and the sound effects are both stuttery and heavily distorted on all tables at all volume levels with or without headphones. In the meantime I can play the Vita/X360 versions of TPA, but the sound issues on the LTE make it almost painful to play to any extent. Thanks for your consideration.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey all, just downloaded a few tables (Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire and Medieval Madness) for my HTC Evo LTE, and the sound effects are both stuttery and heavily distorted on all tables at all volume levels with or without headphones. In the meantime I can play the Vita/X360 versions of TPA, but the sound issues on the LTE make it almost painful to play to any extent. Thanks for your consideration.

Yes, I'm hoping the sound issues on the HTC EVO LTE will be sorted out soon as I'm looking to upgrade my HTC EVO 3D, but won't do it until the sound issue is addressed.

Fuzzini

Jul 3, 2012
Yes, I'm hoping the sound issues on the HTC EVO LTE will be sorted out soon as I'm looking to upgrade my HTC EVO 3D, but won't do it until the sound issue is addressed.

Ah, so it sounds like this is a known issue. On the go I usually play on the Vita (love that thing to death), but I DLed my favorite tables onto the Evo as a 'just in case' sort of thing. Still, here's hoping the issue is solved soon.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ah, so it sounds like this is a known issue. On the go I usually play on the Vita (love that thing to death), but I DLed my favorite tables onto the Evo as a 'just in case' sort of thing. Still, here's hoping the issue is solved soon.

The Pinball Arcade runs pretty much 100% on my EVO 3D, with the exception of the slight lag on TOTAN, but as soon as TPA is running just as well on the EVO LTE, I'm upgrading my phone.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
That sounds very odd, especially the battery life thing.... can you repro this?
Unfortunately no, this is the first and only time it's happened and it hasn't popped up since. The bugs I get - Facebook login and the like - all seem very random. I logged in to Facebook just fine twice today; once the app just quit and I had to restart the program and try again.

FWIW, I'm having an easier time running the more memory-intensive tables, Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot. My microSD card where the game was installed is a Class 4, so I suspect it wasn't reading data fast enough. I moved the app to my phone and it seems to be a bit better. Ball speed is still a bit slow on those two tables (turning the HUD off makes it perfect), but not to the extent that it was before. I just bought a class 10 card, so I may move it on there to see if memory card has something to do with it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, any idea when you guys are going to upgrade the mechanical sounds on all platforms and devices?

targa

Apr 12, 2012
Small update since my last post here i switched my tab's rom to cyanogen mod and the game runs just fine.No more performance drop.Same ugly graphics at the top of screen but i understood it's a driver issue.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Pin Wiz, I will have to talk to our sound guy but haven't heard anything about this.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Pin Wiz, I will have to talk to our sound guy but haven't heard anything about this.

Thanks Ryan...the mechanical sounds were supposed to have been overhauled and implemented with last months update, but I understand you guys have other issues you need to take care of beforehand.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I know that a few of them will be replaced but an overhaul was never in the plans according to our sound guy, perhaps it was bad communication on our part I am not sure.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I know that a few of them will be replaced but an overhaul was never in the plans according to our sound guy, perhaps it was bad communication on our part I am not sure.

Could you share which mechanical sounds are supposed to be replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts