Bug Android Version 1.20.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I just purged the Android files, we have been having odd things happening on our cdn lately, not sure if this is due to infrastructure growing pains or their service degrading....but it makes sense that only a few would experience this due to the node propagating factor of their system, its very local.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Eldorado
Reproducible : seen 3times
If the upper bank is the 2nd time down, extra ball light on the small bank in the middle of the table. If only 1 fall down target left at rhis time, the extraball is not given if the ball hit the the last fall down. All falldown target's comes up and must be hit once again
OS 4.1.2
A510

All table, specialy with multiball and old but bloody problem: the left flipper does not recognize the tab on the screen. If I hold the finger on the screen and the flipper is up, the flipper goes down in idle state :O anx the ball (s) are lost Normally I expect, that the flipper is up all time till I release the finger from the screen.

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 4

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Eldorado
Reproducible : seen 3times
If the upper bank is the 2nd time down, extra ball light on the small bank in the middle of the table. If only 1 fall down target left at rhis time, the extraball is not given if the ball hit the the last fall down. All falldown target's comes up and must be hit once again
OS 4.1.2
A510

All table, specialy with multiball and old but bloody problem: the left flipper does not recognize the tab on the screen. If I hold the finger on the screen and the flipper is up, the flipper goes down in idle state :O anx the ball (s) are lost Normally I expect, that the flipper is up all time till I release the finger from the screen.

We'll take a look at the Eldorado issue, though the other screen issue sounds like a device specific driver problem. You saying that if you hold it long enough it registers a release?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I just purged the Android files, we have been having odd things happening on our cdn lately, not sure if this is due to infrastructure growing pains or their service degrading....but it makes sense that only a few would experience this due to the node propagating factor of their system, its very local.

I had a look through the Play Store review comments briefly whilst eating breakfast, looking for others who might have had the same problem but not known how to work around the issue.

I didn't look too hard, but did find a couple that could maybe be interpreted as this same problem. It could also be other issues of course.

qynuda6u.jpg

eqame5ev.jpg

yvyny3a6.jpg

As my N7's rooted again now, I'll move say 5 good table files to a storage location, and re-try the download as if it's the first download to device.
If I get another 'bum' download would the defective file help?
I can remove the dud file and email it to you, or put it on a host site.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Its more or less only during multiball.
e. g. Cue B. W.
I hold the left finger on the screen, the flipper goes up and if more as one ball rolls down into the lower area at the same time, the flipper is released to idle (goes down) but I didn't released the finger from the screen. At this time multiple touch on the screen are ignored, too. (I'll believe only the left one(vertical use))
If only 1 ball in the game, I can hold the flipper with /-out ball all the time.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I had a look through the Play Store review comments briefly whilst eating breakfast, looking for others who might have had the same problem but not known how to work around the issue.

I didn't look too hard, but did find a couple that could maybe be interpreted as this same problem. It could also be other issues of course.

qynuda6u.jpg

eqame5ev.jpg

yvyny3a6.jpg

As my N7's rooted again now, I'll move say 5 good table files to a storage location, and re-try the download as if it's the first download to device.
If I get another 'bum' download would the defective file help?
I can remove the dud file and email it to you, or put it on a host site.

Unfortunately no, it would just be an incomplete file, nothing I can pull from it to help me. Perhaps I should email them. This happening on all tables?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah something is messed up on our cdn for sure. A regular purge is doing nothing I just sent in a support ticket. :mad:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
... This happening on all tables?

Yeah - it happened on approx 10 tables out of a complete set download (how many do we have now 30ish), when I did get a bad one I tried about 10 loads per table until it worked roughly.
I was doing this at around 10GMT on Mon 25th (14:00 big bear).
I gave up in the end and resumed 07:00 on the 26th and it was improved at the quieter time, but I did still get a few bad downloads.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Maybe its help:
if I delete a table and restart them, the table is DL as normal. But after the DL is finish the App is away /crashed(?) and must restarted.
But on my Tablett the table is available after restart

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey Baron, if you could provide me with your ip address and even a traceroute (that is what they are requesting...) that would be useful. You can pm it if you like. To trace route open cmd.exe and type tracert hwcdn.net

Also may be useful to check to see if it is still happening at this point.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Baron, if you could provide me with your ip address and even a traceroute (that is what they are requesting...) that would be useful. You can pm it if you like. To trace route open cmd.exe and type tracert hwcdn.net

Done - via PM.
Cheers Ryan - let me know if you need anything else.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Just tried to reproduce it again - It's working fine at the minute.

Removed first five files from my /MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/ folder and moved to a safe location, just in case.
Files moved were...
ta6emeze.jpg

Fired up TPA clicked on each of the 5 tables, no download problems.
Killed app, deleted files again, repeated download, no problem.
Did same one last time - no problem.
15 perfect downloads done today @20:40 gmt.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thank god.... 20 emails later. Not too happy with them now, thanks for the report Baron, u da man.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
My flippers work well. Must be device related. I also had crashes after downloading tables. A clean reboot before!!! helps. Even the CV problems are reduced.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
My flippers work well. Must be device related....
I've check them again: its definitely only the left one which shows this symptoms and only during multiball. I've no idea what's going on: if I use a PS3controller the problem is not visible anymore. With the touchscreen only, its reproducable very easy. I don't believe if a small video helps. Maybe a trace component could be activated?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sounds device related, a trace wouldn't really help since it sounds like you just aren't getting the event. I process every event fired from the OS and if I am not receiving it there is nothing I can do really =\

N

netizen

Maybe it's a touch screen driver, like what Jared experienced with the 2013 Nexus 7?

K

Korven

I still have the same bugs I had over a year ago, I've given up all hope about this game... Delete me, I have nothing positive to say as anymore.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've check them again: its definitely only the left one which shows this symptoms and only during multiball. I've no idea what's going on: if I use a PS3controller the problem is not visible anymore. With the touchscreen only, its reproducable very easy. I don't believe if a small video helps. Maybe a trace component could be activated?

Try testing using a multi-touch testing app.

Try holding your device landscape and see if flipper detection is better.

Also try playing the game with the device connected to the wall socket/power outlet (grounded tablets with touchscreen issues often work better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts