Bug Android Version 1.21.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.21.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?t=6937 instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Device/OS: HTC Resound/ Nook HD+

Bug Description: TILT Meter Crashing

Steps To Reproduce: Turn on the Tilt meter and start game. Press in a nudge region twice, to causes a tilt

Frequency: 100% all tables

Additional Comments:
The nook HD + has similar issues during gameplay where the app thinks you nudged even with nudging turned off. The ball and playfield objects will disappear or tilt will occur. This may be caused by the touch screen itself. Nudging should never happen with it disabled.

Thank you!

K-o-M

Jan 4, 2014
Device/OS:*
Fairphone / Android-Version 4.2.2, Kernel-Version: 3.4.5

Bug Description:
I've got the same behaviour that Ejsik describes under the thread Android Version 1.20.0 Bugs. All Tables which I've tested are unplayable (WHITE WATERS, AfM, Ripley's, Arabian Nights, T2). The Tables nudges itself at the start or while tapping the flippers. The Ball disappears and appears somewhere else on the Table. Attack from Mars has graphic glitches at the UFO. And there is no progress bar while downloading most of the tables (besides AfM).

Steps To Reproduce:
Starting a Table

Frequency:
Every Time

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Played AFM this morning

Device/OS: Galaxy Tab 3
Bug Description: Launch button doesn't stop working. All new balls autolaunch, smart bombs and martian bombs don't work any longer. Tables: AFM and MM

Steps To Reproduce: No idea what it triggers
Frequency: ~10% of all games of AFM or MM. Longer games are more likely to be affected.
Additional Comments: On Steam this bug doesn't occur

Last edited:
N

netizen

Played AFM this morning

Bug Description: Launch button doesn't stop working. All new balls autolaunch, smart bombs and martian bombs don't work any longer. Tables: AFM and MM

Frequency: ~10% of all games of AFM or MM. Longer games are more likely to be affected.

I can confirm this. It's like the there is an auto plunge, or timed plunge settings are enabled somehow every 10 or 15 games.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Is it only those tables that are doing this? No special steps required to get to this point?

Bug Description:
I've got the same behaviour that Ejsik describes under the thread Android Version 1.20.0 Bugs. All Tables which I've tested are unplayable (WHITE WATERS, AfM, Ripley's, Arabian Nights, T2). The Tables nudges itself at the start or while tapping the flippers. The Ball disappears and appears somewhere else on the Table. Attack from Mars has graphic glitches at the UFO. And there is no progress bar while downloading most of the tables (besides AfM).

Steps To Reproduce:
Starting a Table

Frequency:
Every Time

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure I quite understand this one, its like the button is stuck? I just tried harley and the button appears to be working.

I can confirm this. It's like the there is an auto plunge, or timed plunge settings are enabled somehow every 10 or 15 games.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Balls has autolaunched on MM and AFM since forever. Happens frequently on MB as well.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
well in some cases it is programmed to do that due to input limitations (or so I am told). I just don't quite understand the aforementioned bug.

N

netizen

Not sure I quite understand this one, its like the button is stuck? I just tried harley and the button appears to be working.

Basically the game will auto launch the next ball as soon as it lands int eh plunger lane, but it happens so infrequently that it's really hard to say what's happening.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Can you guys confirm that the AFM and MM bombs are broken?

Played AFM this morning

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Can you reproduce this on a non emulated table? Like Big Shot or Black Knight? (trying to narrow down our search)

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:
Starting a Table

Frequency:
Every Time

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Anyone else getting this? I just tried it and it seems to work on my end.

Device/OS: HTC Resound/ Nook HD+

Bug Description: TILT Meter Crashing

Steps To Reproduce: Turn on the Tilt meter and start game. Press in a nudge region twice, to causes a tilt

Frequency: 100% all tables

Additional Comments:
The nook HD + has similar issues during gameplay where the app thinks you nudged even with nudging turned off. The ball and playfield objects will disappear or tilt will occur. This may be caused by the touch screen itself. Nudging should never happen with it disabled.

Thank you!

N

netizen

I just tried it on my Samsung Tab 2, too lazy to turn on my Nexus 10 right now, and with the tilt meter turn on in a game of AFM - Pressing nudge 2 times in a row crashed TPA.

Do you want me to test on my Nexus as well?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Yeah - it's been doing it ever since the Tilt Meter was introduced.

Worst table seems to be CO1812, but it happens on others also.
Other thing to note is, you can't always just trap and nudge to tilt to recreate the bug. Sometimes you have to play a little and let the meter build gradually to get the fault to reproduce.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
oh ok, the way it was written up it was automatic, I didn't know that it takes some time. Let me see if I can reproduce it.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah I can't repro that one with the build I have or the one on the store, how long when playing CO1812 does this happen?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
yeah I can't repro that one with the build I have or the one on the store, how long when playing CO1812 does this happen?

It's on all pro tables not just CO1812, I literally just repro'd it on AFM 5mins ago (I currently have the current beta 'challenge' build installed) but it's been present since the CO1812 pack release so several builds.

It's hard to repro - if you want it to, it won't. I find its best to close app if so, clear all running apps out of recent apps, and try to repro again and it will happen eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts