Bug Android Version 1.4.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Taxi the HUD looks stretched vertically, the flippers don't pivot at the right point (especially the left one) and the table looks aliased at the top left. The plunger seems too powerful too, I can go nearly twice around the spinout wheel with a well timed nudge.

Turbo drains off the right loop still as well.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok taxi thing is fixed, I can't repro the harley bug however, I am wondering if the cdn has an old rez file for that table, I will look into that.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
if you try to uninstall and reinstall harley may fix itself, I know we were getting this crash before but I updated the rez file to fix it, it must not have propagated.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Performance on taxi seems worse on my tablet than before.

The flashing 3x sprite is mis aligned it looks weird.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No problem with the Harley drain stopper here, but I did a clean install of the new BETA and all the tables.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
The HUDs on Bride, Funhouse and Taxi are all stretched quite odd. I'd post a picture but I'm at work at the moment. I haven't tried the other tables yet, since I don't have Wifi here. I did download Bride (on 3G in a pretty sketchy service area) and it seemed to run just as good as the launch tables. Great!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
@Carl have you tried a reboot maybe? It should run a lot better, the textures are even smaller than the previous build.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
if you try to uninstall and reinstall harley may fix itself, I know we were getting this crash before but I updated the rez file to fix it, it must not have propagated.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did work... but I lost my high scores too. :( Is there any way to avoid that? I tried a "clear data" before I completely uninstalled, maybe I shouldn't have done that.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
you can hook up your device usb and go to the Android/Data/com.farsight.androidpinball and delete the table manually.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah sorry about that trachea, I usually assume the beta testers have it backed up or don't care since they have to usually do a clean install =\

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
yeah sorry about that trachea, I usually assume the beta testers have it backed up or don't care since they have to usually do a clean install =\
This is my first time downloading a beta build. Was I supposed to uninstall the market version first? I just overwrote it when I installed the beta APK.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
if you just downloaded the second one (the link i just posted) you should be fine this time =) but a clean install ensures you don't have any old files, though the code should upgrade the table files fine.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Is there a serious problem involving the four red flashers towards the top of the playfield on Medieval Madness? These four flashers have never worked on the Android and possibly iOS versions of this table.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
While playing a long session on Monster Bash I've got plunger camera activated during a multiball, only left flipper worked and I quickly lost all the balls. Then it returned back to normal.

N

Nik Barbour

Missed the party - I'd already gone to bed when the download became accessible.

First up - Nice Job Ryan and team!

(Initial impressions after a half hour of play - more later, promised my son a trip to Southport Splash World)
Taxi now plays real nice, massive performance improvements, and camera angles are good now. (Only had a couple of quick go's - but love this table!).
Not noticed any improvement in BOP or FH but these played ok for me before (even with hud on) as long as textures were on normal, so I guess this is device specific.
CFTBL is no longer as easy to get ball trap after a fast loop, so feels more realistic.
Love the new Black Knight Magnasave button position, and that they do something now!

Only initial negatives are...
BK - after plunge, hold right upper flipper out, ball deflects off, rolls up the left upper flipper and hits some invisible stop near the upper left flipper pivot point on the upper level playfield.
BK - multiball hud display doesn't switch back to show score after multiball finish.
HD - still got a lot of lag during multiball. (get a better device I guess).
FH, BOP, Taxi - stretched HUD display.
BK - Would it be possible to have semi-translucent buttons for magnasave? (just being picky)

Taxi - Had one off instance, where on plunging the third ball, camera panned to spinout camera, then didn't pan back and ball drained unseen. I noticed the camera select button was showing locked mode though (padlock), despite not being selected, and was panning around table before the lockup. Unticked lock camera option and not had problem since. Will report if seen again.

Will try out more in depth later today hopefully.
Thanks again Ryan - made up I can play Taxi on my little old droid now!

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Taxi the HUD looks stretched vertically

The HUD is streched on ALL the alphanumeric tables for me now. I redownloaded the PinballActivity3.app file and re-installed all table files from scratch. Still the same...

Also, TAXI has a serious graphical glitch on the backbox in-game. Half of the larger display texture is kind of cut off on the right side. This is especially visible if you compare the menu photograph with the in-game render. To be honest, I also have more stutter on TAXI than ever before on my SGSII, ICS. It's the intermittent stutter, like a drop of frames every few seconds that was talked about in this and the other thread. For me it's the first time I've noticed it though, since updating to the PinballActivity3.app beta...

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
One glitch that I don't know if anyone has mentioned (since this goes back to a launch table) is that the sounds on Black Hole seem mixed up. Sounds are playing when they shouldn't be (the slingshot sound when the ball goes through a rollover at the top, for example).

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
CV's highwire ramp entrance(ramp clipping), is an issue cross-device in at least my case(ps3). It's either caused from hitting the lime green pads(left or right), or ramp itself, as it tries to go up the ramp(just sometimes), ends up causing the ball to left towards the juggler/sideshow area.

In other words the ball will at first be on course to go up the ramp but glitches(clips) the inside of the ramp/or lime green pads causing no ramp access for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts