Bug Android Version 1.5.0 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

nauska

Sep 4, 2012
On Taxi, it seems that Ride Again does not work. I've had this both when the ball drains too quickly and after a game with the numbers. Also, at two occasions the ball got stuck somewhere at the top right playfield, without the possibility to do anything else than tilt the table or quit.

hi-ban

Sep 4, 2012
When updating to version 1.5.0, the game couldn't download the Creature From Black Lagoon table update and kept crashing each time i tried to download it, so i uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled it. Now it happens the same with the Gorgar table. I have tried like a dozen times, but either the progress bar goes up to 100% and then to 0% and starts again in an endless loop, or the game crashes and i get a message like "Table didn't download".

Could anyone upload the Gorgar table so i can just add the file and skip the bugged downloading step? Thanks.

hi-ban

Sep 4, 2012
Nevermind, i managed to download the table using reverse-tethering. It's strange, because all the tables except Gorgar are downloaded fine when i use a Wifi connection. As i said, i've had to use reverse-tethering to download it successfully.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Harley davidson bug:

It happend 2 times already that i had à multiball and when all balls are gone the table is thinking that there is a ball in the game. Then i go to option and select call attendant but then nothing happens. So my new highscore is gone because i had to quit the game manuely.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
For taxi I am splitting the lcd calls into two (upper half and lower half) since updating pixels is extremely expensive. This is only one of the performance tweaks I implemented but it is the one that prevents taxi from having the lcd on the backglass. In the future we might be able to find a work around but it was a decision we had to make to improve the performance on the table, otherwise it was bringing us down to 30 fps in most cases.

I had the same thing! =) When I click on the button on Harley Davidson phone hung up. But after deleting table file (see post of Nik Barbour), it works!

In this version I like that DMD is shown on the backglass on Harley, but in previous beta builds it also works on Taxi. Will this feature added for all ables in the new versions?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
could be a timing thing related to the performance tweak. On another note are you guys seeing better performance on the older tables? (especially FH and BOP)

I'm seeing on a Galaxy Tab that the lower half of the alphanumeric display goes blank at times in BOP & FH. It happens after the wheel spins in BOP and before ball 3 in FH when it says "EXTRA BALL AT" on the top line the bottom line is blank. Anyone else seeing this?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Not noticed any massive improvements on BH or FH. When are you going to fix the cheat on the lower playfield of BH? It was reported ages ago.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
FH has become much smoother for me, haven't played any BoP though. FH was ok before, just a little stuttery every now and then, but that's completely gone now.

N

Nik Barbour

could be a timing thing related to the performance tweak. On another note are you guys seeing better performance on the older tables? (especially FH and BOP)

Yeah - I've seen big improvements in performance on FH & BOP, and taxi plays perfectly since 2nd beta.
I changed I/O to 'deadline' & noticed better flow on all tables recently.
In fact performance is so improved, I can play all current tables with texture set to high now, with only RBION & HD showing any lag, and this is only during multiball, and is still perfectly playable.

Still get strange speed fluctuations in landscape play, especially on the more demanding tables, guess it's due to GPU max out.
All in all though - big improvement.
Thanks Ryan!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok glad to hear =) thanks guys. I will be working on some back end stuff (just in case I get more quiet then usual ;) )

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
On FunHouse and Bride the improvements helped 50% better, but there is still a few issues, but it is playable! I am using the Samsung Galaxy S II phone and the framerate and ball speed is the same in Taxi, Bride, and FunHouse......especially on some occasions when I hit the ball with the right flipper, the ball flies at supersonic speed and sometimes dissapears. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice. I played Bride and Taxi last night, and when I hit the ball, I couldn't find it until it looped around and drained on Taxi, and on Bride before I knew it, I hit the ball from the flipper and it was basically going into the eye (partial optical link). I know it will improve and eventually it will be running smooth, so no worries. Oh, before I forget, on Bride when I plunge the ball and hope to get a good skill shot, the display doesn't show the actual number score on what skill shot you made.....it's blank. Lastly on Gorgar during long gameplay, some sounds (like the "joust buzzard" and other shot sounds) and speech dissapear from the game. In the beginning of gameplay everything is there.....I love that "Joust Buzzard" sound when you get all the top ABC lanes! Thanks Ryan for your support and hard work!

severedjon

Sep 11, 2012
In BoP, new high scores do not register on my local High Score board. I've gotten 5th place 3 times now and entered my initials, but the High Score does not update. I have a couple other scores on this table already, and other board high scores appear to work.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
I have a few things to report for TAXI:

• The 8 million default high score seems to be ignored by the game. The 2nd-place score is shown when the display flashes the high score after draining a ball.
  • The camera will occasionally get stuck on the skill shot and fail to reset back to general gameplay after plunging, making it impossible to see the entire bottom half of the playfield (including the flippers). This occurs infrequently, unable to reproduce regularly.
  • On at least two occasions I have had to end my game prematurely after hitting the express lane, because I am unable to plunge the next ball. The camera resets to the playfield view, leaving me with no option but to quit. I believe the last occurrence happened after successfully hitting the express lane 2 or 3 times in the same game. It sounded like the ball-delivery mechanism was trying to deliver a ball to the plunger, but that there might not have been a ball to deliver. That's just a guess since I could not see the plunger lane to verify.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Observed something unusual with Cirqus Voltaire.

Because I deleted all my saves, I had to re-earn all the table achievements (actually quite a fun thing to do).

I "Joined the Cirqus" as a Cirqus Member today (12 Sep), however the game registered the achievement as being met on 12 Aug on the Cirqus Member's leaderboard.

I think the game clock is out by a month!

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Tables are smoother for me now, but I've also tinkered with governor settings, so I'm not an ideal case. I'll get lag every so often, presumably when my phone checks e-mail, Market or GPS, but it will go away a short time later.

The texture settings are only available on Tegra devices, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts