Bug Android Version (Google play 1.30.2 8/8/14) bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
In the official version, I've seen 2 bugs
1) If the 3rd ball served, the HUD shows the current HC. But it is the HC No.4 from the device. I expect No.1
2) already reported:
In multi-player game the HUD is stripped in one or both lines, if the pop-up for the next player us visible. 100% reproducible (Mips off, Detail & texture =high)
benyhy5a.jpg

8ysyqamu.jpg

e2a6eta8.jpg

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey all!

Just wanted to quickly respond to some of the posts on the (recently) closed thread for the latest version.

- Carl: Sorry about the version number! Previously I incremented the wrong number in the version twice, so we are going to stay on 1.30.x until we match the dlc number. Sorry about that!
- Baron: We hope to be looking into black knight soon, but thanks! Glad you're enjoying Diner :)
- Pin wiz & Carl: Try it now with the new amazon version. Also, I will soon be working on turning the backglass off. That should fix some issues.
- Mad07: We'll be looking into the LCD and High score issues shortly!

Thanks everyone! Please post whenever you find a bug or have a comment and i'll do my best to get it fixed!

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table High roller:
If the ball is ready to kick into the game and/or the next ball is served; the cam moved to the plunger. If the plunger is used fast (? for me normal speed) the plunger works, but the ball does not show any reaction and lay still in front of the plunger. The plunger must used a 2nd time. If I'm waiting a little bit longer, the ball run into the roulette. It looks like as a timing issue/ race condition

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
that issue was introduced after aligning the ball in the plunger. I reported that during beta and now it seems better because the 2nd plunge works always, at least for me. Previously I had to plunge multiple times.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table Harley Davidson
I've the additional button like here. With the right touch I cannot anymore move the lamp to right, to select the item if the ball goes into the game. The right touch (flipper) works as the add. Button. The selection can only made via the left flipper. I can remember, that the right one works also to move the lamp to the right.

syvevu3u.jpg

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Cactus Canyon - after failed plunger shot camera locks to playfield (very old bug). It works fine on Steam.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
The selection between the different values is also very slow. Sometimes it needs 3 times press on the screen before the next item is selected

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Junk Yard - after 2nd Outer Space camera locks consistently to playfield. Game may freeze. Fortunately the freezing didn't happen in the game I finished.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Table Harley Davidson
I've the additional button like here. With the right touch I cannot anymore move the lamp to right, to select the item if the ball goes into the game. The right touch (flipper) works as the add. Button. The selection can only made via the left flipper. I can remember, that the right one works also to move the lamp to the right.
[/IMG]
I tried it and i always get the one step left of the indicated choice with left flipper. and then the ball is shot. With the right flipper i get the moving choices after a while(!) and then I have to wait to launch by a single touch. Overall it's possible to choose and launch.

On Steam: Left flipper moves choice to the left and right flipper to the right. There is always a slow moving to the right if you don't do anything.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
RBION: game finishes prematurely after the 3rd ball (rarely the 2nd). Eventuelly bonus score is ignored and EBs are always ignored. After Starting the next game the previous game will continue with the EBs. Scores need to be higher(~70M) and games longer..(same on Steam)

BK: First ball plays always well. Then multiball doesn't start after locking balls -> no ball in play. Calling the attendant will reset the locks and give a ball at the plunger and the story starts again. Sometimes balls don't lock at all and sometimes it helps to start multiball from the lower playfield.

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I tried it and i always get the one step left of the indicated choice with left flipper. and then the ball is shot. With the right flipper i get the moving choices after a while(!) and then I have to wait to launch by a single touch. Overall it's possible to choose and launch.

With the right flipper the ball will be into the game field. .. But nevertheless: the behavior looks like as a bug and does not not work as expected

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
wasn't HD alway like that? I didn't play im much apart from times when it was in tournaments but left flipper was the only way to cycle arround.

BK...... yes that happened to me also. But only once. After game restart that never happened again so I never bother to report anything, I considered that as one time glich. And I do play BK quite often.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
wasn't HD alway like that? I didn't play im much apart from times when it was in tournaments but left flipper was the only way to cycle arround.
I think that the Steam version does it well. You select with both flippers (your choice) and then plunge.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yeah, but this is android bug thread. And tablets/phones are quite limited when it comes to controls. I don't expect the same on PC or consoles. I mean, the right touch zone when the ball is in plunger always controls the plunger not the flipper so I don't see anything wrong with HD.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
yeah, but this is android bug thread. And tablets/phones are quite limited when it comes to controls. I don't expect the same on PC or consoles. I mean, the right touch zone when the ball is in plunger always controls the plunger not the flipper so I don't see anything wrong with HD.

I can not agree; have a look at Star trek. On this table the behavior is correct

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
but Star Trek has a special launch button. Just like T2. HD behaves just like any other table with electronic plunger. Is it a bug or not, I'm not sure. But I think it was like that since I first tried TPA on android about a year ago.

And that button in yellow is not there to launch a ball, it is the 2nd button from the right side of cabinet. I have no idea what is it used for in the game but it is not launch button for sure.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
but Star Trek has a special launch button. Just like T2. HD behaves just like any other table with electronic plunger. Is it a bug or not, I'm not sure. But I think it was like that since I first tried TPA on android about a year ago.

And that button in yellow is not there to launch a ball, it is the 2nd button from the right side of cabinet. I have no idea what is it used for in the game but it is not launch button for sure.
You use it to raise the bumper between the flippers. Stern put it in there to help with center drains from the ramp.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey everyone!

Hope you all are enjoying Diner! Sorry that I've been absent from the forums recently. I spent the past week porting The Pinball Arcade to the Amazon Fire TV! I'm starting to look at some android bugs, most noticeably the "speed-up" bug that occurs when you press the home button and then re-open the app. I'm happy to say that the issue should be gone. I've had it happen only once or twice since it was fixed, but it will go back to normal if you hit the home button and go back into the app again. This fix should be in an update coming soon. I hope to look into some of the other android bugs that you all have found!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.