[ANDROID] Zaccaria Pinball update v1.1

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Cameras 1,2&3 are the included free ones, 4,5,6 & 7 are the premium custom ones. So in the cam editor where the 4 blips are at the bottom of the screen, these represent cams 4,5,6 & 7 depending on which blip is lit. Set up the cam for blip 1 how you wish if playing with cam 4 in game.

I'm 99% sure I used cam 4 before buying the premium pack. Then I bought it and I was surprised the camera FOV had change dramatically. I mean, not a big issue, I changed the setting right after that.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'm talking about the cam editor options. The rest of the menus are fine.

Do you have the paid version? There you can see what each setting does. In the free version I didn't see any table to understand, what the sliders would do, and some were greyed out. By the way, I wish we had that kind of options in TPA. Don't get me even started about the dark room mode...

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for the updates! ^_^

Did the way "Inside Light" works change on some of the tables? Previously, in "Dark Room" mode, I was able to have it, the RGB sliders, and Outside Light at about midway on Future World to get a nice even dim but visible lighting Future World, for instance, but now I have to crank them all to 100%, and it's still not as bright as it was before. In particular, even at 100%, "Inside Light" is pretty much only illuminating the tops of the sides of the cabinet, the tops of a few of the playfield items, and very slightly at the bottom of the cabinet (bottom of the screen, I mean); it has hardly any effect on the playfield as a whole. Star God's Inside Light is similarly dim in this way (and there's just some weird dark shadowing across the middle that nothing seems to get rid of). Whereas on Circus, for instance, "Inside Light" strongly influences the whole table; in the random smattering of tables I looked at in this new version, about half had nearly ineffective Inside Light influence, and half had powerful Inside Light influence.

At least now thought I can tell what "Inside Light" means--it's the light from the backbox, right? : ) I couldn't really tell before, when it just seemed to evenly light the whole table (on Future World, particularly), in a subtly different way than "Outside Light"--but I couldn't really tell what the difference between them was supposed to be. Some of the lighting option settings could stand to have clearer names--their current names are pretty confusing. I'd suggest something like "Backbox Light" instead of "Inside Light," "Sunlight" instead of "Outside Light," and "Backbox Red," "Backbox Green," "Backbox Blue" instead of "Red/Green/Blue Color"--if I'm understanding their intended function correctly, anyway!

Also, I just noticed that with "Used Table" on, the texture around the inside of the cabinet, up toward the top of the screen, is noticeably very blurred/pixelated/low detail in a few tables where it is darker, like Star God especially, and House of Diamonds to a lesser extent.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm 99% sure I used cam 4 before buying the premium pack. Then I bought it and I was surprised the camera FOV had change dramatically. I mean, not a big issue, I changed the setting right after that.
Perhaps it was there but wasn't customisable before premium purchase.
I can't test it for you or comment as I bought gold on release.

Trust me that cam 4 is blip 1 in cam editor though, and likewise for 5,6 & 7.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Perhaps it was there but wasn't customisable before premium purchase.
I can't test it for you or comment as I bought gold on release.

Trust me that cam 4 is blip 1 in cam editor though, and likewise for 5,6 & 7.

I have no doubt about that. :)

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hi Zsolt
Bluestacks was working pretty well until this build, which now crashes with no error as soon as you load a table. I also tried Andyroid but same issue. It was quite nice to play on a bigger screen, but are you supporting Bluestacks going forward?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I have no desire to use "Google play games"--it would be nice if there was an option to prevent the two "Google play games" prompts from coming up every time I launch the game. : )

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Hi Zsolt
Bluestacks was working pretty well until this build, which now crashes with no error as soon as you load a table. I also tried Andyroid but same issue. It was quite nice to play on a bigger screen, but are you supporting Bluestacks going forward?
Do I need to root my device to use Bluestacks? I am sorry if I ask stupid questions, and/or the same question over again. Some of my old posts are gone so I cant go back for reference.

Zslot thank you and please keep up the great work!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Do I need to root my device to use Bluestacks? I am sorry if I ask stupid questions, and/or the same question over again. Some of my old posts are gone so I cant go back for reference.

Zslot thank you and please keep up the great work!

No you don't. You install it on a PC (it emulates Android), and login with your usual play store account to install your app purchases. Having said that Zaccaria Pinball is broken with this update unfortunately. Hopefully Ask might fix it.

From what I saw Android is better than Bluestacks so maybe try that first, although Zacc isn't working in that now either.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the response Silverballs. I installed blustacks on our laptop downloaded the bluestacks app on our Android device, but when I paired only a few apps showed up in bluestacks none of them games. This was a couple days after release. Maybe it wasn't set up to work yet? I will take your advice and try Andyroid. If you get it working again please post so I know when to try without waisting time. I now see how tarded my question was its an EMULATOR

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for the response Silverballs. I installed blustacks on our laptop downloaded the bluestacks app on our Android device, but when I paired only a few apps showed up in bluestacks none of them games. This was a couple days after release. Maybe it wasn't set up to work yet? I will take your advice and try Andyroid. If you get it working again please post so I know when to try without waisting time. I now see how tarded my question was its an EMULATOR

Your question was fine, I just expanded the detail a bit more than I needed to ;). Not sure why you couldn't see games. I used the magnifier search to find it. Still hoping it will work again, so will try after the next release.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah really waiting for the pc version now! They really put up a nice game. And they have an open ear for the community and try to improve the product to our needs.
Who else would even think of paying money to gain access to the light slider
Still wish the cam menu wasn't so confusing.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Still wish the cam menu wasn't so confusing.

Honestly, without Baron's guide this menu is ultra confusing. It's probably the only weakness in what is a polished app offering.

The Zacc guys should think about doing some UX work on this feature:

* some official videos about how to use it, and link to them from within the app.
* embed a tutorial in-app to help folks who don't know about this menu.
* link to Baron's guide post thread from their app description.

Any of these things would help users understand how cameras work, and allow users to fully exploit this great feature.

Wish TPA had this...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.