Request Any chance of Data East tables entering the mix?

NYJ

Nov 3, 2013
Particularly Laser War (the first Stereo pinball table) and Time Machine? No extraneous licensing issues to be seen there.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Apparently there are none coming to TPA anytime soon.

(Although if you ask this question on the official TPA Facebook page, one day someone will tell you "Someday soon", the next day you'll get "Not anytime soon." So who the heck knows?)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought at some point they said a DE table would pop up in Season 2 and now that that season is ending it makes me think they may have meant year 2? Since seasons are about 2 months short. Or I could just be misremembering altogether...

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
There is a Time Machine that just went on sale near me. I totally forgot about that game. I played that game a lot back when it came out.... Data East would be good!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
If by Data East you mean Gottlieb/Premier, then yes, we'll be getting a TON of Data East tables. ;)

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
The problem with Data East is that just about all of their prominent tables were heavily licensed. Even if Stern got the rights to these tables in the Sega buyout, the licenses are likely to be every bit as difficult as some of the Kickstarter ones, and the pinball quality of almost all of them are...shall we say, not as high as the Bally/Williams stuff.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
There was a Secret Service near me for a while... brutal table. Can't say it was too much fun either.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah cant wait until we start to see Data East Tables, but alot of them have movie ties so may make them a bit difficult for FS to get

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Yeah cant wait until we start to see Data East Tables, but alot of them have movie ties so may make them a bit difficult for FS to get
Data East licensed tables that I assume won't require a Kickstarter:

Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Phantom of the Opera
Playboy 35th Anniversary
Tales from the Crypt

I know Mel Gibson isn't the most popular of anti-semites these days, but maybe we can get a discounted license for Lethal Weapon 3 and Maverick?

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Data East licensed tables that I assume won't require a Kickstarter:

Tales from the Crypt

I know Mel Gibson isn't the most popular of anti-semites these days, but maybe we can get a discounted license for Lethal Weapon 3.

Those 2 would be a dream come true. :)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Secret Service, Torpedo Alley, and maybe Checkpoint (could be some issues with Porsche) are possible as well.

I wish DE pinball was around lone enough to make a Magical Drop pinball machine. I played a ton of MD3 on my old MVS before I had to sell it.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
What is that?
A silly puzzle game made by Data East in the mid 90s. It's very fast paced and competitive despite the cutesy appearance. I was kinda-sorta joking about making a pin for it, but it would be an interesting concept at least.

If you mean MVS, it's a shortened way to say "Neo-Geo Multi-Video System". An arcade machine with swappable game carts.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
A silly puzzle game made by Data East in the mid 90s. It's very fast paced and competitive despite the cutesy appearance. I was kinda-sorta joking about making a pin for it, but it would be an interesting concept at least.

If you mean MVS, it's a shortened way to say "Neo-Geo Multi-Video System". An arcade machine with swappable game carts.

Interesting, never heard of it.

The only thing Neo-Geo related I've ever had any experience with is "Samurai Showdown"! lol. I love that game.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Tales from the Crypt and Lethal Weapon 3 would be awesome to see. Hell, LW3 has been one of my most wanted ones pretty much since the early days of TPA. Had tons of fun with those when I was a kiddo.

Last Action Hero would be cool to see as well, but that would more than likely need a KS.

EDIT: Just saw that the Lethal Weapon 3 abbreviation has it as "Leathan Weapon 3" for some reason.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012

The (American) Data East pinball company is a totally different company, owned by (Japanese) Data East.
If they were gonna use Data East lincenses, I'd kill for a Karnov or Bad Dudes pinball table :p

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I know, I was just being silly. Was just thinking about how much I miss my Neo-Geo and DE always makes me think of that game.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Love me some Magical Drop. It was pretty much the only video game I played at the arcade closest to me growing up. Most of the time was spent on the Fish Tales and Theatre of Magic tables there. :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Heavy Barrel was great too! That and Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja could have made for some interesting DMD scenes and fantastic modes. I think the video game manufacturer is now just a licensing company called G-Mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts