Any change FarSight will try to aquire permission to use Data East games?

Twenty2AcaciaAve

Mar 6, 2013
Some of my favorite pinball machines are from Data East (G'n'R, The Simpsons). Any chance FarSight will try to get permission to publish Data East tables?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Some of my favorite pinball machines are from Data East (G'n'R, The Simpsons). Any chance FarSight will try to get permission to publish Data East tables?
The Stern license covers the Data East tables as well. However, most Data East machines have ancillary licenses that must be acquired before FarSight could bring them to TPA.

Also, Guns 'n' Roses is particularly unlikely (translation: impossible) due to the ongoing feud between Axl and Slash.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
licensing licensing , you must have legal rights to use trademarked, music, characters , icons , art , celebrity likenesses , ECT. Why do people not grasp that FarSight can't do everything they would like to do , if it were not for the fact that PEOPLE HAVE TO BE PAID large sums of money before it happens?

FarSight owns the rights to depict any Pinball table from Sterns , Williams , and Bally , and DataEast is part of one of those 3, to do the tables they must also have contracts allowing seperate licensing to any characters or sounds , or likenesses of persons living or dead before it goes to production.

Yes , that includes Addams Family, yes it includes Star Wars or Indiana Jones , they would love to , but it requires more than just having the Pinball manufacture's rights , there's contracts and money to change hands .

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
the simpsons.... wow, would love to have that table be part of the the TPA collection, i spent a good many evenings playing that machine, would love to see the TPA recreation, and the best thing about playing a TPA simpsons table is that would be like playing a brand new machine, no worn out playfields, no blown out lights, no crappy flippers... i remember playing this machine at the pool hall, they had just gotten it in, it was brand new, and it was fantastic.. i recently played a simpsons machime about a year ago, it was in poor shape, needless to say i think i spent 5 minutes on it as it's poor condition all but ruined my memories of how fun that machine really was.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts