Any PS3 users up for dusting off their fake plasic guitars?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, RB and GH are great for that. I thnk if these games had been around before I learned guitar, I would've been all over them. It's cool that they inspire people to want to pick up real instruments too, and spark/renew interest in playing music in general, especially guitar-based music.

I bought Rocksmith at launch, but didn't buy a guitar yet. The initial audio lag turned me off to it, but I hear its mostly fixed now so I'm going to look into it again.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can play a real guitar (MIDI compat) in Rock Band 3... Pro Keyboard, and Pro Drums are also supported as well. I play piano and really enjoy being able to play actual notes/chords in songs.

I was hoping Harmonix would release a RB4 which supported any model of guitar so I could use my RB song library with it, but that doesn't look like its going to happen unfortunately.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I still play Rock Band a bunch on 360 when my brother comes over to my place. My 2 yr old throws her hands in the air and yells "ROCKSTAR!" at the end of each song. She'll also pull out my controller and request a performance.

Guitar Hero 2 is where I started and got to expert in short order. I even 5 starred the setlist for a stupid wooden log guitar. Obsessed as I am, I also had to get the Enlightened Guitarist achievement by 100%ing 20 songs for GH3.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts