Any updates on windows phone release?

Guitarpik

Nov 3, 2012
I remember seeing somewhere that TPA would be coming to Windows Phone 8.

I plan on buying a wp8 device soon and was wondering if you have any information when it could be coming out.

Thanks

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Have they ever announced Windows phone support? I don't recall reading anything about it, but I could have glossed over it since I don't have a Windows phone.

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree that Farsight has enough formats to worry about at the moment with the new Nintendo probably next month, fine-tuning the PC version, updating the other 5 or 6 formats and handling the kickstarter backers. My head gets swollen just by thinking of the work they have in front them. Just don't get 2 frustrated Farsight and throw any one of those beauties into Big Bear Lake in frustration. There, there, it will all work out.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think FarSight once mentioned looking into Windows Phone 8, but there's a vast chasm between looking into something and committing to its release. I'm not sure FarSight really needs or wants to deal with another Microsoft-controlled platform at the moment, either. The first one has inflicted plenty of pain already.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They said that they've finished the pc version and just need a way to distribute it. I wonder if its easy to port from pc to windows 8 phone?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
They said that they've finished the pc version and just need a way to distribute it. I wonder if its easy to port from pc to windows 8 phone?

Porting to the Window 8 Surface with Intel processors is extremely easy (it runs the PC version). The phone and other tablets using ARM chips would need a recompile and probably some code work.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Porting to the Window 8 Surface with Intel processors is extremely easy (it runs the PC version). The phone and other tablets using ARM chips would need a recompile and probably some code work.

While on the subject of Windows Mike, out of interest does PA run under Windows XP? I am just hoping it can run on my virtual cab which is an XP setup.

Members online

Members online