Anymore Classic tables from Bally?

Deepest blue

Jul 14, 2012
Hi,

Well now that my favourite table of time has finally been released (thank you ever so much), I was wondering if there were going to be any more from this era.

The ones I was specifically referring to was:

Flash Gordon
Vector
Pac Man
Space Invaders
BMX
Elektra

What are the chances of any of the above being released ?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Flash Gordon, my brother had it when I was a kid, great memories from it.
I remember I have seen the PAC man a few times but never played it

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Lots of very good Bally pins left to recreate. Flash Gordon was a great one. Here are a bunch more classics.

Wizard!
Evel Knievel
Capt Fantastic
Mata Hari
Playboy
Paragon
Embryon
Fathom
Medusa

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Great list Kolchak, but I still gotta see KISS emulated in TPA as well.

Almost forgot about that one. Sure was super popular. Would you rather have the classic Bally Kiss or the modern Stern Kiss?

I know people bash it, but I might prefer the modern version.

karl

May 10, 2012
I agree that the old Kiss table is a bit overrated. Cool graphics but boring play. Space Invaders is another table that I think suffer from the Kiss curse.

Here are my top 10 Bally of the ones not in there, from 79-81 (in random order) If you want the best from 75-78, Kolchak has got you covered with his list

01. Fathom (shocking I know)
02. Flash Gordon (probably not happening because of the license involved, but I dearly love it)
03. Paragon (The beast to conquer all other beasts)
04. Skateball (very underrated and fun but maybe a bit to much focus on the right collect hole)
05. Harlem Globetrotters (I smell another license hurdle)
06. Medusa (unique and cool. If the lower playfield was more interesting this would be top 3, with Fathom)
07. Frontier (ahhh, Crickets ;) This is probably in my top 3 most wanted. Simple, hard and very addicting)
08. Embryon (maybe not the most inspiring ruleset but very, very cool, nonetheless)
09. Vector (The theme does very little to grab you, but the layout is still pretty cool)
10. Mystic (simple layout but still very cool)

Honorable Cheesy mention: (I would love to have these in there also)

01. Hot Doggin' - strange theme, strange layout and a widebody
02. Future Spa - Strange theme, strange layout and a widebody
03. Sorry, out of Strange theme, strange layout and widebody games

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Vector has a better chance than you might think, as Norman is a huge fan of it. After I introduced him to EBD, he took me to Vector and it's spectacular.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I agree that the old Kiss table is a bit overrated. Cool graphics but boring play.
I played not one but two Kisses a lot back in the late 1980's. I liked it a lot, but may have been been fooled by that 4x4 grid and all the pretty colored inserts into thinking it was better than it was :).

karl, where would EBD rank on your top ten list? I ask because if one of these could be expected to be even more fun than EBD in TPA, I'd have to become its cheerleader :).

It's not just Fathom's famous backglass which is beautiful...

image-14.jpg

image-9.jpg

Ooh! Aah!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
How about Blackout?

And I never played it IRL but did using vp - Kings of Steel (What does that name have to do with cards? Also possible pick for this season? Poker is on sports networks.)

P.S. Loved playing Ballys KISS, definitely belongs in tpa though licensing could be an issue along with these other Ballys tables (some of these were already mentioned):

Harlem Globetrotters
Dolly Parton
Six Million Dollar Man
Power Play
Rolling Stones
Evel Knievel

Capt Fantastic and Wizard have a bit of a double-whammy against them as they are EM's.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Invitro. I will try to break it down

Fathom has a great spinner but that could also be the weakspot because ripping the spinner with 3 ball Multiball is the most lucrative scoring opportunity, by far(getting 3 ball multiball and not loosing balls right away is not easy on a real table, though. But it could be an issue on a digital version if it is to easy to achieve)

Fathom also has two sets of bonuses (green and blue targets) so a lot of opportunities if you have a high bonus early on

2 sets of in lane drops with a physical ball lock behind them

2-ball multiball with 2x scoring and 3 ball with 3x scoring

The reversed in lane/outlane takes a little time to get used to but I count them as a feature and not a fault :)

Is it better than the other two? Maybe not, but I would say it is up there on par with them.

Maybe most important is that it is different enough (and spectacular looking)to belong in the app

Right now I would rank them 01. EBD 02. Fathom 03 Centaur. But it is a close race. I have all 3 of them and none are leaving the collection any time soon :)

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I am sure you have seen this before but this is the main reason I got interested in Fathom

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts