Anymore Classic tables from Bally?

karl

May 10, 2012
Of Course this one is up there also :)

ZI9euGG.jpg
[/IMG]

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Vector has a better chance than you might think, as Norman is a huge fan of it. After I introduced him to EBD, he took me to Vector and it's spectacular.

Yeah Vector is a neat table with the pop up targets popping up as a defensive line. The knock I have against it is the actual table layout. Wish it was a bit more open.

I'd still welcome it to tpa though. It's pretty unique.

karl

May 10, 2012
Please tell me that pin has the Queen song. It would go perfect with BK2000.

It's possible with a new soundcard I just ordered.

You can make it sound like you want to. Here it is installed in Flash Gordon a friend of mine has.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Some great games suggested in this thread I like the looks of Paragon, Fathom, Vector, Flash Gordan

how about some EMs? 1 Million BC, Old Chicago, Balls-a-Poppin, the Wiggler, to name a few good Ballys

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Another vote for Fathom. The first, and most beautiful, pin I ever owned. I so regret selling it. Over the years I've had Medusa, Vector and Centaur also. As a game it'd be a tough choice between Centaur and Fathom as my favourite. Fathom for the artwork though every time. TPA has got me wanting an EBD though. For a single ball game it's so well designed.

A friend of mine has a Flash Gordon, which is incredibly tough but very satisfying when you get a good game. Looks great too. I'd love to see it in TPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Another vote for Fathom. The first, and most beautiful, pin I ever owned. I so regret selling it. Over the years I've had Medusa, Vector and Centaur also. As a game it'd be a tough choice between Centaur and Fathom as my favourite. Fathom for the artwork though every time. TPA has got me wanting an EBD though. For a single ball game it's so well designed.

A friend of mine has a Flash Gordon, which is incredibly tough but very satisfying when you get a good game. Looks great too. I'd love to see it in TPA.

As a former Vector owner, what are your thoughts? I've only had limited exposure to it but have found it really fun and unique. Good addition to TPA in the future?

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Vector has a better chance than you might think, as Norman is a huge fan of it. After I introduced him to EBD, he took me to Vector and it's spectacular.

I am very interested in Vector since shutyertrap introduced me to it a few months ago. I haven't been able to find one locally yet.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
As a former Vector owner, what are your thoughts? I've only had limited exposure to it but have found it really fun and unique. Good addition to TPA in the future?
Personally, I found the Vector playfield felt too cramped to be much fun. Had some cool features, like the "speed trap" shot up the left ramp and the unusual outlane arrangement, however other than the left ramp there are no really satisfying shots. The game just doesn't flow like the best do. There's a lot of hardware on the table that you don't interact with much, like the ball lock saucers, and the upper playfield is so tight that you barely spend any time up there. I also found the Bally flippers just didn't have the power to make those steep ramp shots confidently.

I'd wanted to own one, as I almost won one in a competition when I was a kid. Tellingly, I didn't keep it for long. A couple of months, maybe? Had it in a line with Black Knight, Centaur and Medusa. Sold it for my first DMD, a Getaway.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Personally, I found the Vector playfield felt too cramped to be much fun. Had some cool features, like the "speed trap" shot up the left ramp and the unusual outlane arrangement, however other than the left ramp there are no really satisfying shots. The game just doesn't flow like the best do. There's a lot of hardware on the table that you don't interact with much, like the ball lock saucers, and the upper playfield is so tight that you barely spend any time up there. I also found the Bally flippers just didn't have the power to make those steep ramp shots confidently.

I'd wanted to own one, as I almost won one in a competition when I was a kid. Tellingly, I didn't keep it for long. A couple of months, maybe? Had it in a line with Black Knight, Centaur and Medusa. Sold it for my first DMD, a Getaway.

A solid honest answer, thank you. At Arcade Expo, with over 600 machines, they all start feeling the same. The row with early 80's Bally kinda grabbed me with how different their layouts were, and suddenly I was jonesing for that type of thing in TPA. Vector seemed the best of THAT batch to me, though Medusa stood out too. I became obsessed with knocking down the drop targets blocking the ramp and once I get that feeling, I want it for TPA! But that was the extent of my time with it, so with what you're saying it seems that I soon would have discovered there's not much beyond that?

I still want it in the game all the same, as representative of that era of Bally. Maybe I'll back of the rhetoric a touch though :D

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Don't think anyone mentioned it, but I'd like to see Eight Ball come to TPA (most likely a S7 table). Lost world would be under the iconic table heading (like EBD), but since it is a very easy table to play (hit either kickout hole), not many would want it.

How about Bally's Supersonic. The license of a defunct airplane shouldn't be a problem.....

Any of the early SS licensed tables Bally made would be welcome.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
Flash Gordon is the only one I've physically seen and I love the movie so that one definitely.

Black_Spade

Feb 12, 2016
I want Fathom to be the next table out of that era. I really think ( like Xenon of Cauntaur) that it belongs in TPA. A lot of people ask for Paragon...so maybe that's the one we'll get. I don't hate it. I think the 2 flippers on the right side are what's the probleme. I don't like Genie, I don't like Haunted House, I hate Starship Troopers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts