Anyone still going to support this version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Hello all.

We are just as frustrated, if not more so, to not being able to release the tables we have for the 360. It is not fair to anyone, and we are working day after day to try and resolve this. We appreciate your patience and support.

Rob

thanks Rob

N

Nik Barbour

Hello all.

We are just as frustrated, if not more so, to not being able to release the tables we have for the 360. It is not fair to anyone, and we are working day after day to try and resolve this. We appreciate your patience and support.

Rob

Hey Rob.
Stating the obvious but..... Regular updates are whats required to keep 360 users patient (or at least - less agressive).
I'm hoping you'll be making regular, or even better, scheduled posts regarding this whole xbox dlc fiasco, with regard to the new publisher, solution timeframes, eventual dlc release frequency etc...
It must be tempting to avoid this forum section especially (and a few others too) so I'm optimistically hoping you won't do so.
Welcome to the forums!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hello all.

Rob

Since you guys develop The Pinball Arcade on the Xbox 360, the final product really shines and is the most solid iteration of The Pinball Arcade to date. I will patiently wait for the rest of the tables to be released on the Xbox 360 and will use the PS3 to get my console fix in the meantime. Please keep us posted.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You do now, I'm Nik - nice to meet you!

I stand corrected, I know one who has, he's a silly guy but when i'm hung over at work i can say i was jedi mind tricked into taking that last pint of Guinness

Palliative tripe with no substance.

Palliative maybe, as would be any statement they make here as nothing they could ever post here would actually be directly involved in solving the problems they are encountering. Do you expect them to post here and have DLC magically appear on XBOX?

As for tripe, I mean come on really? They are probably as frustrated as we are...unless you believe they threw a huge party last night to celebrate their potential loss of revenue, at least in the immediate.

It really was a pretty rude statement though.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
ALL tables will be released on the Xbox 360 and the wait will be well worth it. As I've stated before, the Xbox 360 version is the best overall version (consistent visuals and minimal bugs) IMHO. I will continue to support this version as I don't see any of the other versions, sans the PC version, surpassing the overall completeness of the Xbox 360 version...I'll glady wait.

Not to sound like a Sony fanboy, but they really shouldn't make the 360 version any better than the PS3.. Especially not "the best overall version".

The PS3 is a more powerful machine and can handle anything the 360 can (well, except 3 blinking red lights).. OK, that was fanboyish. :p,
but I can say it because I owned 3 360's that all RROD'd within a year.

Here's me trying to get footage of Pinball Hall of Fame when, guess what happens!

I hope Farsight isn't purposely keeping the 360 version superior so they can make 360 owners feel better about the long wait and have something
to hang over the heads of PS3 owners who invested in TPA.

Since you guys develop The Pinball Arcade on the Xbox 360, the final product really shines and is the most solid iteration of The Pinball Arcade to date. I will patiently wait for the rest of the tables to be released on the Xbox 360 and will use the PS3 to get my console fix in the meantime. Please keep us posted.

Pin, why wouldn't you rather have Farsight polish up the PS3 versions to look as good, if not better, than the 360 version?
You've already invested into buying the PS3 version and Microsoft will be moving on to a new console next year where as Sony believes in a 10+ year console life.
I know I'll be enjoying my PS3 well into 2016 and hope Farsight is a part of that.

Not to mention you are getting twice the value if you own a Vita. 2 versions for one payment makes me happy and I don't even own a Vita.... yet.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Not to sound like a Sony fanboy, but they really shouldn't make the 360 version any better than the PS3.. Especially not "the best overall version".

The PS3 is a more powerful machine and can handle anything the 360 can (well, except 3 blinking red lights).. OK, that was fanboyish. :p,

Here's me trying to get footage of Pinball Hall of Fame when, guess what happens!

I hope Farsight isn't purposely keeping the 360 version superior so they can make 360 owners feel better about the long wait and have something

Pin, why wouldn't you rather have Farsight polish up the PS3 versions to look as good, if not better, than the 360 version?
You've already invested into buying the PS3 version and Microsoft will be moving on to a new console next year where as Sony believes in a 10+ year console life.
I know I'll be enjoying my PS3 well into 2016 and hope Farsight is a part of that.

Not to mention you are getting twice the value if you own a Vita. 2 versions for one payment makes me happy and I don't even own a Vita.... yet.

What you fail to realize is that I'm in the process of compiling a huge bug and improvement report for all tables released on the PS3 that I will be sending to FarSight shortly in hopes that FarSight will bring all tables on the PS3 up to the standards of the Xbox 360, so that everyone can enjoy these great tables they way they were meant to be.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What you fail to realize is that I'm in the process of compiling a huge bug and improvement report for all tables released on the PS3 that I will be sending to FarSight shortly in hopes that FarSight will bring all tables on the PS3 up to the standards of the Xbox 360, so that everyone can enjoy these great tables they way they were meant to be.

Now that's the spirit. Good to hear, PW :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I'm glad to hear that.

I know there have been some attempts before on here, but the thread quickly turns into rants and anger.

Maybe there is a better way to go about this and have maybe a voting system for which improvments should be addressed for JUST the PS3 version (to keep things simplified).

I know Black Knight alone would probably require a couple pages worth of lists.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

Yea this post is a load of crap. Where to begin.

The ps3 is not more powerful. Biggest lie/misconception of the entire console generation. The 360 has a better gpu and a more efficient ram setup (especially edRam which allows better alpha effects at higher resolutions). Surprise surprise you see that on a couple tables. Cleaner image and better alphas a common advantage on the hardware.

On the flip side of that PS3 has an often neglected raw CPU advantage that almost makes up for the weak gpu. Almost. And it loses the advantage of the ram in fill rate but also isn't hindered by the bottleneck either. So it can do better lighting because of that. Surprise surprise slightly better lighting in ps3 TPA.

So the truth is. Both consoles, when weighed out, are different and mostly cancel each other out. But this whole idea that ps3 is the most powerful is fanboy delusion. An argument can be made for either machine being "more powerful", but its so much more complicated than that. in lamens terms its actually the 360 that is the better machine.

As for making the versions on par with each other. They are on par. At least as much as they can be. Each takes advantage of the respective systems unique hardware, and which u think looks better is a matter of preference. Plenty of people prefer the ps3 look and plenty of people prefer the 360 look. The only real issue on ps3 is the input delay and I honestly don't know what's going on there. Some feel it some don't. I felt it but It coulda been my buddy's setup.

Wake up and start looking at things objectively and take off your fanboy goggles. As for Rrod come on man it's not 2007 anymore I mean look at that Xbox u showed lol faceplate lol they haven't made that ugly face plate since LAUNCH and Rrod was fixed in 2008! They haven't even produced non-slim xboxes since 2010! Jesus get with the times man.

Let me bust out my old broken disc drive ps2 from my garage somewhere and show you how my dream cast still works. My Saturn still works but not my ps1! It goes both ways dude. Not defending 360 it is by far the most unreliable piece of crap console of all time, but it took that title from the ps2 and ps1 before it, don't forget. And ps3's ylod it isn't getting a free pass either. Next gen both them need to get their stuff together

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Unfortunitly when I send MS by RROD early model console they just send me a same model remanufactured console which invariable gets the RROD again. 3 times now, until I got sick of it. If they sent me a newer console that worked right, maybe I would use it once in awhile. not that Sony is perfect with thier cheap thermal paste they use. But at least that took 6 years to break. Ironically, my Atari 2600 is working after over 30 years.

Besides, everyone knows both consoles bow to the might of the Vectrex.

N

Nik Barbour

I stand corrected, I know one who has, he's a silly guy but when i'm hung over at work i can say i was jedi mind tricked into taking that last pint of Guinness.

It really was a pretty rude statement though.

I'm not a gamer, I'm a Pinball fan that can't afford real tables.
Having played TPA for a couple of months on the small screen (phone), I decided I wanted to invest, to play on the large screen so bought an xbox in July (pre - fiasco) purely to play TPA on, the very thing you so vehemently defend.

Without phsycic abilities - why would you deem that, something silly to do?

As for your second quote, to another - your fairly rude yourself.
I've seen you attack a few people recently, just for expressing a non-fanboy opinion.

Personal attacks are childish and not helpful to anyone.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, let's try to keep it on topic and not get too personal. Also, no need to go into the PS3 vs. 360 debate here either. Thanks.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
2005 called, it wants it consolewar threads back.

In regards to the topic at hand: Ive pretty much put TPA on the backburner in favor of other games at hand untill I can get it on a platform with regular updates, good controloptions and no lag issues on my TV.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
In regards to the topic at hand: Ive pretty much put TPA on the backburner in favor of other games at hand untill I can get it on a platform with regular updates, good controloptions and no lag issues on my TV.
Same here. I have absolutely no console bias but I do prefer TPA on the 360 for the same reasons. It just feels snappier and cleaner, and the colour balance seems to work better with my TV. I would be genuinely upset if what I consider to be the best overall version of TPA got canned due to business rather than technical issues. It's still the platform I most want to play TZ and ST:TNG on.

Fortunately I have the iPad version to keep me entertained in the meantime.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Probably because Microsoft does do a lot of QA for that $40,000 submission fee... a bit of it is to penalize bugfixes (you should've tested before you submitted) and the rest actually goes to pay for QA testing.

All those posts about bugs found, you can bet Microsoft has found as well and reported them.

karl

May 10, 2012
Hmm! Worf, you have very high beliefs in the microsoft bug department. They do not check for bugs at all. They have a standard check list to see if games do not shut down while loading etc. Patches = no money for the boss ergo a huge submission fee for being so kind and let developers submit fixes. Microsoft has a big heart and a whole lotta love for indie developers (enter sarcasm) I will still support TPA on the xbox but my love for microsoft is not huge to put it mildly

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Unfortunitly when I send MS by RROD early model console they just send me a same model remanufactured console which invariable gets the RROD again. 3 times now, until I got sick of it. If they sent me a newer console that worked right, maybe I would use it once in awhile. not that Sony is perfect with thier cheap thermal paste they use. But at least that took 6 years to break. Ironically, my Atari 2600 is working after over 30 years.

Besides, everyone knows both consoles bow to the might of the Vectrex.

Wow, sorry you had 3 bad xboxes... that sucks. I consider myself lucky, since the xbox I got (used) in 2008 is still running strong. I don't do long gaming sessions that last several hours and I usually unplug my xbox when I'm done playing.

The last time I play on the xbox for any long time (which was a couple hours tops) was when 1 vs 100 came on.

That was THE game.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Pinball fan that can't afford real tables.

You and me both. And just think of what kind of maintenance goes into a real pinball table? To their credit, FarSight is doing that dirty work for us. Let's just hope some publisher sees that and decides to take a chance on the 360 version.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Same here. I have absolutely no console bias but I do prefer TPA on the 360 for the same reasons. It just feels snappier and cleaner, and the colour balance seems to work better with my TV. I would be genuinely upset if what I consider to be the best overall version of TPA got canned due to business rather than technical issues. It's still the platform I most want to play TZ and ST:TNG on.

Fortunately I have the iPad version to keep me entertained in the meantime.

Wait, it's canned now? Since when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.