Anyone still playing?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
So tried to download Android version on new phone, not showing on the UK play store, link on Farsight website not working.

So booted up the iOS version on my iPad for first time in years and….plays great! Was even able to purchase the last couple of Stern tables I hadn’t previously bought.

No, it certainly doesn’t play or look as good as Zen Pinball FX3 or 4, and I still miss the old old menu and menu music (might still be on XBox/PlayStation, need to check…) but there are still SO many good tables to play that I’d previously purchased, so many memories - tables still sound great, no major bugs to report and only minor bug was some new achievement writing was too big.

Bit of a shame really, TPA is still pretty good and definitely worth a play for any pinball fan I reckon, even heading into 2023 (so 11 years after release - crazy)

Anyone else still playing?

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I still play here and there on my iPad. It’s still fun to play. TPA is one of the games I make sure to stay on my tablet.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
So today booted up finally on my Xbox Series S...it's BRILLIANT!!! Still got the old school menu (swirly Pinball of fame in the background) and the fake Pinball Wizard music - Love it nostalgia vibes!
Love scrolling through the table list and hearing all the themes, still plays pretty good, genuinely not tons worse than FX4, and it's going to be a LONG time before we have anywhere close to this many real life representations in Zen. So in summary, get playing haha

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I have all of everything for TPA since before the Bally/Williams delist on both PC and PS4. It's my go to game when I'm in between playing recent releases. There's no other commercial app that has more real-life table recreations than TPA. I also have all of Zaccaria and Zen too, but it's always the real-life recreations that I play the most, not so much the "original" tables that never existed in real life.

One thing I love about pinball is that it has something most games made nowadays lack, something I like to call "infinite replayability" whereas many current games tend to be one-and-done.

At 55 I'm decidedly old-school with my gaming tastes. While I do play the latest AAA games, once the credits roll, I always return to TPA until the next one-and-done game gets released.

I walk into an arcade (when you can even find one these days) it's the pinball tables I make a beeline for, not the video games, since I have all manner of those at home.

I just wish the younger generation of gamers could appreciate and engage with pinball more. Pinball is such a niche genre, and that's why we don't have more commercial pinball apps at our disposal. I always want more.....old ones, new ones, classic ones, good ones, bad ones. If it's a recreation of a real-life table, I want it recreated in video form. It's unfortunate that Farsight has apparently moved on from pinball. Our only hope now is Zen to carry on the tradition.

Railoffroader2

Oct 1, 2016
I understand FarSight being dismayed at losing the Williams/Bally license rights, but there are so many hundreds of other great tables they could’ve moved forward with from Gottlieb, Stern & other manufacturers.
Instead they chose to abandon those of us that have supported them and purchased every pinball table they put out.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I bought the game on Steam and so, yup, despite delisting, everything I paid for still works. This means it's a great game for my Steam Deck even. Full Pinball Arcade, on the go, gets great battery life due to it's age too!

VVTZzVh.jpg

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I play also the game on a tablet. There are still some Mastergoals open and should be solved

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts