Anyone try TPA on the new 10.5" iPad Pro

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Curious: why would it be different?

The screen size is different than all other iPads and it has the A10x chip in it. That is a really fast chip. Just wondering if the tables are sized correctly and the speed of the game is correct before I buy the 10.5 pro.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I just heard TPA doesn't work with iOS 11 beta. But I'm sure they will straighten that out.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
No problems playing pinball arcade on the iPad Pro 10.5 so far...Haven't tried the IOS 11 beta yet.

roybot

May 7, 2013
So I installed the IOS 11 beta on my 10.5 two days ago not thinking about Pinball Arcade possibly not working and indeed it did not work until this morning and now it seems to work just fine (it must have gotten updated) on the beta (and so far the beta has been awesome).

roybot

May 7, 2013
and wow that was my first ever post? I guess I have just been lurking for a long long time. Love Pinball Arcade.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
So I installed the IOS 11 beta on my 10.5 two days ago not thinking about Pinball Arcade possibly not working and indeed it did not work until this morning and now it seems to work just fine (it must have gotten updated) on the beta (and so far the beta has been awesome).

We did recently put out a patch to address the beta reports about the app not working with iOS 11 not working. Glad it's working for you :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So how does the new screen compare to the old? I might try to upgrade my 12.9" sometime if it really cuts down on reflections/glare. My biggest complaint about iPads in general is that they're basically unusable outside (patio surfing ftw) or if you're even near a window/light (we've all done the reflection-shuffle, am I right? heh). I have a window directly above my bed, so chilling in bed on my ipad during the day requires some flexibility. Not ideal for a lazy bastard such as myself.

Last edited:

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
My Air 1 was unusable outside with sunlight the screen was almost invisible. I was shocked when I got the 10.5" pro and went outside and the screen was nearly perfect. This new model can really jack up the brightness (I have it on auto usually runs at 50%) going into sunlight and with the anti glare makes a huge difference over older models.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
So how does the new screen compare to the old? I might try to upgrade my 12.9" sometime if it really cuts down on reflections/glare. My biggest complaint about iPads in general is that they're basically unusable outside (patio surfing ftw) or if you're even near a window/light (we've all done the reflection-shuffle, am I right? heh). I have a window directly above my bed, so chilling in bed on my ipad during the day requires some flexibility. Not ideal for a lazy bastard such as myself.

I'll buy your 12 for a dollar

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
1.29 not a penny more, I know your game this ****s a SCAM your one of those Nigerian princes! THIS GUYS A BOT

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
The iPad pro has a 120hz refresh rate, which means that the ball will move smoother and be easier to follow. I have the new ipad and think it plays much better.

JJHLH

Mar 7, 2016
I have the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch and also think it looks and plays better than it did on my iPad Pro 9.7 inch.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts