appearence and departure of pins at arcades

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
There are about a dozen games on location here around Syracuse. They're all one-offs though. I usually stop at a place 2 or 3 nights a week on the way home from work and play for an hour or so. Mostly they're all bars, laundromats, and bowling alleys that have them.

I found some of them on locator sites like pinballmap, pinballrebel, and pinside but what has really worked well is finding out who the local ops are. If you find a game talk to the owner of establishment and ask who the vendor is, most don't mind saying (sometimes the games even have a sticker). I've called a couple different ops and when you tell them you want to know where their pins are so you can go put money in them, they have always been happy provide a list of locations.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
I live in London UK and am always so jealous when I hear about the thriving pinball scenes in other countries, especially the US.

I travel to The Netherlands every couple of weeks for work, and stay in a smallish town called Leiden, where I know of at least 12 pins in the city centre where I can go and play. And I read of cities like Portland or Seattle or New York, with literally hundreds of playable machines on site.

Guess how many there are in London, a city of 10 million or so? At the last count, there are about seven.

What's it like in your city?

absolutely none in swansea.

i went to minehead for a few days the other month and thought, seaside town, theres bound to be a few there. was getting all excited at the thought. not a single one.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
doveton, that's a tragedy - have you checked pinformer? according to that site, there's three pins in Swansea, though these Aug 12/Jan 13 entries may now be already out of date, which is why i constantly badger people to update the site ...... did you look in laser quest and on the pier arcade?

http://www.pinformer.co.uk/

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
yeah ive seen that, went into laser quest a few months back and the pin was turned off, just sat there all sad and broken in the corner

apparantly theres only one on the pier arcade now and i read somewhere else its in a horrible condition, its a little out of my way to go if its not going to be up to scratch

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
any time you see an abandoned or broken down pin, consider contacting the operator to see if they want to sell it?
if it's taking nothing in, and costing them money to fix, maybe they'll want shot of it and you could get a decent price...

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
any time you see an abandoned or broken down pin, consider contacting the operator to see if they want to sell it?
if it's taking nothing in, and costing them money to fix, maybe they'll want shot of it and you could get a decent price...
assuming you have the means / help to move said pin and have space / place to put said pin.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I was just watching a movie last night (Killer Joe) that had a scene in an abandoned pool hall, and there was a dusty defunct pinball table in the corner. All I could think about was that table, why in an abandoned building nobody had taken it, what game it was exactly (couldn't tell). They'd cut to a different angle and then I could think about the movie once more! Stupid table distracting me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts