Apple a9

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Anyone having performance issues with the apple A9?(iPhone 6s) the newest new NEW newer better iPad has the same chip. I'm experiencing stuttering that makes a lot of games unplayable from 2s to 3D and since most of my stuff is twitchy they are kinda unplayable. Any tips? I've done the usual fare background apps disabled all fancy **** restored as new blah blah blah nothing seems to help, a lot of these apps aren't updated or are done rarely soooo anyone had any experience with this ? It was a stop gap buy buttttt thinking of just returning it if I can't use the games, don't need an expensive YouTube player

Cheers

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have the A9x in my iPad Pro 12.9" and she's smooth as butter for the most part. Maybe i could try a specific app that's giving you stutters, but you might have already returned it (just saw the thread).

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I have the A9x in my iPad Pro 12.9" and she's smooth as butter for the most part. Maybe i could try a specific app that's giving you stutters, but you might have already returned it (just saw the thread).

No worries our Jeffery I haven't returned it just yet as I'm waiting on spare starts for the laptop yet but it's having issues with almost any game it's absurd when my five year old one ran most of these fine....I sampled PinOut fun little game but again stuttering if this thing play my pinball and dogs I'd be happy

****in spell check rpgs

PLAYKLAX01

Sep 15, 2015
Same issue here. Have iPad Air 1, no problems at all. Picked up the new iPad this weekend and noticed the choppiness immediately. Changed some settings around to see if that made a difference, but nothing. Tried it on an iPad Pro 9.7" and while there is still some choppiness on that, it isn't terrible, just noticeable. Must be something with the A9/A9X processors. I submitted a bug report to Apple since I'm on the iOS beta program, but I know it will come down to the developers here to fix...hopefully!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow, sounds like it's a widespread issue. I seem to have lucked out on this one (maybe the 12.9" is beefed up a bit). I'm really picky about framerates too (traded my PS4 for the Pro version just for the High Framerate mode).

Hairy, better return it while you can. Hope it works out dude.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] can you get your iOS to checkout performance on the a9 chipset used in the 6s and newest iPad if possible...there seems to be issues with many games but it'd be a start...currently running iOS 10.3.2 as well....hopefully it's an easy fix otherwise I'll return it in a couple of days the iPad anyway heh bloody hell

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Anyone with a iPhone 6s or 6s+ experience these issues upon release and/or recent issues since that uses thee same chip I wanna know if it's a resolvable issue

PLAYKLAX01

Sep 15, 2015
Just an FYI for those who'd like to know. iPad Pro 12.9 uses a 2.26ghz processor vs 2.16ghz in the 9.7 version (both A9X). Pro 12.9 also has 4gb of RAM vs 2gb in the 9.7 version. New iPad (2017 version) uses 1.85ghz A9 processor and 2gb of RAM. All 3 use PowerVR Series 7 graphic processors.
IPhone 6 uses a 1.4ghz A8 processor, 1gb RAM, and PowerVR Series 6 graphic processor.
iPad Air uses a 1.4ghz A7 processor, 1gb RAM, and PowerVR Series 6 graphic processor.

PLAYKLAX01

Sep 15, 2015
Someone posted an issue with Iphone 7 (A10 processor) back in November, but it wasn't followed up with by the OP. Don't know if it may be related to these issues or not.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks for the info man, I was hoping to find an issue or solution from some 6s user but none yet, it's fine as a media device but the stuttering is unbearable for twitch gaming ... if there's been no phone "fix" I'll probably just turn this by the weekend....grab a cheap laptop, I prefer a solution but in the time frame probably not

Edit - I also looked into issues with the series 7 but nothing much to go on

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Tap time shock and the colour monkey games all having the same issue if I can get a fix by Saturday this pos is going back

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Same issue for me... seemed to start about a month ago shortly after updating the software (ipad pro 12.9"). Installed the latest update yesterday, but the stutter persists.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Same here. TPA actually runs better on my iPad than on my Mac (which has LOTS more horsepower).

PLAYKLAX01

Sep 15, 2015
Returned new iPad, got iPad Pro 9.7". As tested earlier, hesitation is still there but manageable. Tables are playable, but could be better. Hope they do fix this issue...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.