Android - Request Apply Alpha Pane Flasher Effects to Older Tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The jump in quality of all Season 3 tables is noticeable. But when you play the older tables, you really see the difference in "finish quality". I'd like to see this improve in Season 3, just like the minor tweaks implemented for lane switches moving now.

I know the adage that "art resources are limited" is probably going to be cited here, but I'm going to say it anyhow. Because it needs to be said.

Please add alpha pane flasher lighting effects to all older tables yet to receive this graphical tweak.

For example, tables like BoP and MM are begging for this graphical tweak to make the tables "feel" more realistic when you play them. BoP has barrel flashers all over the playfield that would absolutely pop with alpha panes. MM would feel so much more alive as well.

In the case of AFM, this table still stands out as one of my favourites for realism. The reason is the Alpha Panes on the saucers. They add such a dimension to the graphical presentation of the game. Even without the strobe effect, the table looks so much better than the other tables.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I am glad to read I am not the only one been critical about the inconsistent graphics quality of the older tables. Let's not cheer too early about the wonderful start of season 3, perhaps the CC/Co1812 graphics team is still lurking in a dark corner, waiting to jump out with the next month's table, cock-a-doodle-doo, we are back! :eek:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Many of the flashers are missing from the older tables, but Black Rose goes to show that they can all be implemented while still maintaining a steady 60fps. Mike would have to hook them up for the older tables and the art team would need to do some work to implement them as well. I also hope this can be done sometime in the near future...even if it means only updating a table or two every month.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
whilst I really hope this happens, we have to be patient with the good will of FS. After all I can't expect Ford to update my 10 year old car with all the new features in their 2014 car :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
whilst I really hope this happens, we have to be patient with the good will of FS. After all I can't expect Ford to update my 10 year old car with all the new features in their 2014 car :)

The flashers should have been implemented from day one, but the tech for them wasn't ready (or optimized) yet so it's not the same thing you're referring to.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I am glad to read I am not the only one been critical about the inconsistent graphics quality of the older tables. Let's not cheer too early about the wonderful start of season 3, perhaps the CC/Co1812 graphics team is still lurking in a dark corner, waiting to jump out with the next month's table, cock-a-doodle-doo, we are back! :eek:

Wow, way to carry a positive attitude...

I'm just after small changes that have a big effect on the "wow factor" of this collection of already fantastic tables.

Alpha panes are one way of instantly showing the technical aptitude of Farsight's "lessons learned" over past two years.

Mike's efforts with implementing animated lane switches is hopefully a taste of things to come in season 3.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

In this case, 2 year old car... ;-)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bump for the ultimate wish list [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] / [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION]

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Quite frankly, I would be amazed if the older tables ever get graphical updates, their resources are spent creating their next table all of the time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I would be in favor of FS taking a month or 2 off from developing a brand new table in order to implement some of these updates to older tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I would be in favor of FS taking a month or 2 off from developing a brand new table in order to implement some of these updates to older tables.

You might be ok with it, but I'm sure FS wouldn't be fine with all the lost income that comes with each new release.

N

netizen

You might be ok with it, but I'm sure FS wouldn't be fine with all the lost income that comes with each new release.

Maybe orbals will be a breakout hit like Flappy Birds and it will allow FS to put some time into bug hunting in TPA, LOL

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Smack smack

Whinny neigh snort

Smack smack

Gurgle gurgle

Smack smack

Smack smack

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bobby confirmed publicly this was on the to do list of the graphics team in a live interview today. How high a priority this is was not revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts