April Mobile Tournament April 1 - April 8

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
The Mobile tournament has started!

I've played a few games.

Gold level looking like this so far, I'm sure I won't be there for long, so I took the screenshot:

Screenshot_2014-04-01-23-10-21.JPG

36 people as of this post.

Good Luck All!

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Table selection is the weakest yet. Also had one game breaking bug so far. Won't put much effort into this one.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Gold Level update:

Up to 82 participates!
I'm sitting at 17th.. Big guns coming on strong the past day..

Dylan_h and carkid93 keep trading for first!

Gold Level High Scores as of this post:
Harley Davidson: dylan_h: 572,797,860
Central Park: dylan_h: 6,891
Champion Pub: dylan_h: 604,130,720
Dr. Dude: carkid93: 58,490,730
Haunted house: WWJ: 1,741,130
T2: geohoo: 795,662,510
Fish Tales: dylan_h: 726,660,530
Black Rose: B cubed: 563,520,460

My best is 4th on Black Rose, 518,055,200.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Never tried a tournament before. Do you get a set number of tries to set a score, or can you play and play?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I think that you can play as much as you want. At least, that's what I do. I was 7th yesterday I think, still did't check it out today.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I've played half the tables with only CP being a table I am satisfied with my score on. Can't wait to have some free time this weekend to get the rest of my scores up. Still just shy of 100 in silver without playing half the tables!

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Some thoughts on the machine choice:

Harley Davidson:
I've had Harley Davidson bug out twice. loses track of a ball during multi ball and then upon ball drain just sits there. Tilting lets you keep playing next ball, but then you have to tilt every ball after that.. hate losing that bonus.

Dr. Dude:
This table is killing me. A just can't get multi ball to last or barely a score into the teens...tried soft plunge, hard plunge, cradle.. Any suggestions?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I always soft plunge Dr Dude, cradle it and shoot for the mixmaster jackpot. MB on Dr Dude doesn't last anyways.

But yeah, this tournament, lots of names I don't recognize from past participants, and the table mix is not good for my scoring.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I always soft plunge Dr Dude, cradle it and shoot for the mixmaster jackpot. MB on Dr Dude doesn't last anyways.

But yeah, this tournament, lots of names I don't recognize from past participants, and the table mix is not good for my scoring.

I think that these are more tables that don't sell as strong so perhaps they are using this tournament to boost sales? I think you will probably have a great chance in the overall standings since people don't have all the tables so can't post a score for everything. I have put up mediocre scores on three tables, #4 on Central Park and sitting at 130 overall? That seems pretty high considering there are already 225 people in the tourney at that level.

Brett Carlson

Sep 24, 2013
I stink at all of these tables, so i start with fish tales it kicks my butt as normal, so i give it a second chance i have my best game ever, same holds true for Haunted house. I tried to recapture the magic for both tables but it is not working. It is one of the things i love about pinball you never know what is going to happen you could have an epic game or 15 second game.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I am in the Bronze tournament and have scores all within the top 100 on each table. Is the top 10% based on total number of entrants in the entire tournament? I was wondering because I am hoping to advance to Silver tournament.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I am in the Bronze tournament and have scores all within the top 100 on each table. Is the top 10% based on total number of entrants in the entire tournament? I was wondering because I am hoping to advance to Silver tournament.

Top 10% of your particular division advance to the next level.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013

For Bronze: Top 10% should have a silver star next to their name in the "Overall Standings"
For Silver: Top 10% should have a gold star next to their name, bottom 10% a bronze star.
For Gold: Bottom 10% should have a silver star next their name.

Top 10% move up Bronze -> Silver; Silver -> Gold
Bottom 10% move down Gold -> Silver; Silver -> Bronze

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Thanks for answering my question guys. Also is there a way to see the entire of amount of entrants in Bronze Level? I know it shows the entire amount at the end of the tournament but is it possible to see prior to ending of tournament?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I think that these are more tables that don't sell as strong so perhaps they are using this tournament to boost sales? I think you will probably have a great chance in the overall standings since people don't have all the tables so can't post a score for everything. I have put up mediocre scores on three tables, #4 on Central Park and sitting at 130 overall? That seems pretty high considering there are already 225 people in the tourney at that level.

What I don't like about it is that with the exception of Central Park, all the tables need time to set up scoring. Would prefer the past where half the tables were basically level scoring and half you needed to have some endurance.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for answering my question guys. Also is there a way to see the entire of amount of entrants in Bronze Level? I know it shows the entire amount at the end of the tournament but is it possible to see prior to ending of tournament?

You have to scroll to the bottom to see how many is in at the moment. Only 83 has played in gold right now. A little over 100 in gold last time IIRC.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Thanks Pinetwig! I checked and there are 277 entrants in Bronze and I am ranked 13th place right now with 569.64 points.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts