Arcade1up Star Wars pinball

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If you have a PC then you need to try the Stern pinball VR on the Oculus Rift store as this is fantastic in VR, you do need a PC but the Quest 2 extra display increase really does these tables wonders, the Ghostbusters table looks fantastic in in the Quest 2 HMD.
I gave it a go and it's clear that this Stern app was made for VR first then ported (badly) to the other platforms.

It's certainly not terrible. But it also has some issues.

The lobby area looks great. The table change gimmick looks great the first couple of times you see it then you just want a skip button.

Certainly the new Stern tables are the standouts in the app. They all look great in 3D and play OK.

The familiar railroads on the ramps on the older titles (Frankenstein and Ripley's) are so obvious it is comical.
The backboxes on the older games are flat images and are not 3d rendered.

It's great you can play then all for freemium.
Certainly for the price of entry, it is worth burning all your free credits up at a minimum.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
That looks really good. Pretty solid lineup for tables. Only swap outs I would want would be Cirqus Voltaire and Theatre of Magic in place of Hurricane and Junkyard.

But going to wait till V2 of their virtual tables before plunking down. Hopefully V2 has wi-fi capabilities that also allows you to purchase whatever tables you want.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it they can't do Circus Voltaire until they swap in another screen for the backglass. So hopefully V2 has that or a 'premium' option to add it.

Last edited:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
While V1 of the Arcade1UP Pinball tables do not include WiFi (which is a *huge* minus right now in the marketplace); they *do* include a USB port for firmware updates and (possibly) future additional tables.

The main problem right now is that I have heard from a reliable source that the "Attack From Mars" V1 machine will not be available until ... Late April!!

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
While V1 of the Arcade1UP Pinball tables do not include WiFi (which is a *huge* minus right now in the marketplace); they *do* include a USB port for firmware updates and (possibly) future additional tables.

The main problem right now is that I have heard from a reliable source that the "Attack From Mars" V1 machine will not be available until ... Late April!!

Since Pinball FX (4) is now a thing. I would guess that V1 is the only version of the pinball cabinets that will ever be made. At least until the Pinball FX (4) version of the tables are cabinet ready, and then, will they still be partnered with Arcade1up?

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Many of the 1up arcade cabinets have had multiple iterations of the same games. They make a batch. Sell the batch. Clear em out off the shelves and replace them with the next batch. Many of the same cabs come back for gen2 with minor changes like lighted marquees, more games, different artwork etc. If the Pin Cabs sell well, they'll make more. All of the 1up pincabs run on a modified android build too. Not sure how quickly new FX translates to that platform especially with the custom camera angles and such. I've got to think that New FX (4) is built with new consoles and PC capabilities in mind and I'm not sure mobile has the same tech leap available to it within the cost structure of the cabinets. One to watch for sure.

Another interesting thing with 1up cabs this year: There's a new thing happening with the new 1up machines just released/releasing to not have game logos on the fronts anymore. Many are being replaced by coin door facsimiles. Some of the youtubers are theorizing this is because they could be going to more of a platform model where you can add games to existing cabinets. If this first round of pincabs sells well, we could see future wifi incarnations with additional table purchases (or subscription model if that's what FX is going to have) enabled.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Why have the prices increased by $300? It was $550 when it released, now it's $850. From what I see its not a new version. Seems like a pretty steep increase especially considering this was made for people who didn't want to spend so much on a real table. Hardly seems affordable anymore.

https://arcade1up.com/products/star-wars-pinball

From what I've heard, it's mainly due to production issues and the "World Wide Chip Shortage" stemming from the Pandemic.
I've heard they have also gone to better quality accelerometers -- but that probably accounts for less than $5 of the $300 increase ...

Bottom line: At that price I need WiFi connectivity for leaderboards and firmware updates.

It would also be nice to have the ability to purchase additional tables ...

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Glad I got my AfM and Marvel at the original prices. I'd never buy at this point. It's just not worth it anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.