Are they going to explain Season 3 to fans before putting it on sale?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Right, hope!

I actually like playing "Ace High" (PHoF: The Gottlieb Collection) every now and then, perhaps we'll see that as a bonus. Jive Time not so much (ouw! tlanes) but I'd appreciate it for completeness sake should my other hardware fail. Strikes 'n' Spares is redemption, no need for that, neither Xolten, Love Meter, etc.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Right, hope!

I actually like playing "Ace High" (PHoF: The Gottlieb Collection) every now and then, perhaps we'll see that as a bonus. Jive Time not so much (ouw! tlanes) but I'd appreciate it for completeness sake should my other hardware fail. Strikes 'n' Spares is redemption, no need for that, neither Xolten, Love Meter, etc.

Triple Strike would make a better bowling theme AND it's easily as addictive and probably more brutal than Big Shot.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
What's interesting is that this probably means that each table pack that comes in Season 3 will include a pro mode table.

And as there's only one table per pack, this indicates that all tables in Season 3 will be ROM Emulated. So no EMs and I'm guessing at the very least Alphanumericals and DMDs

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Post this all you want, but people will still hold out hope for two table packs.....:confused:

I actually would prefer one popular, well made table, as opposed to two just for the sake of two.

I was not posting this to try to win over the populace just replying to specific part of this discussion about single table packs.

I'm not sure if it will make a difference in quality whether they make one or two tables per month. It all comes down to the resources that they commit per table.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
It's official: $5 for one table. Save big with $30 for the season (vs. $50 separately.) Pro pack $40. Upcoming tables include Whodunnit, Junk Yard and Black Knight 2K.

--Newsletter 22

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Just marketing...
Pricing starts high and sell singles...
Gives them more room to do various promotions and/or tie-ins...

Just my $0.02... :cool:

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Post this all you want, but people will still hold out hope for two table packs.....:confused:

I actually would prefer one popular, well made table, as opposed to two just for the sake of two.

I've had more glitches in one week on Fish Tales than I've had in my entire two years of TPA until now. Games starting in multiball, multiball starting on lock 2, balls draining but the table still thinks there's a ball in play. A pretty much impossible fast cast due to the lack of live catching.

If this is what "one popular, well made table" looks like, then were in trouble.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've had more glitches in one week on Fish Tales than I've had in my entire two years of TPA until now. Games starting in multiball, multiball starting on lock 2, balls draining but the table still thinks there's a ball in play. A pretty much impossible fast cast due to the lack of live catching.

If this is what "one popular, well made table" looks like, then were in trouble.

FarSight never said that they would be dedicating more resources per table produced and that would be the only way the tables will be better than they have been in the past.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013

Agree with you on the fast cast, what we had right now is a crap shoot, not a skill shot. as the name suggest a "skill shot" is supposed to be a test of skill. What we have right now kind of defeats the purpose of that kind of shot in pinball.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Agree with you on the fast cast, what we had right now is a crap shoot, not a skill shot. as the name suggest a "skill shot" is supposed to be a test of skill. What we have right now kind of defeats the purpose of that kind of shot in pinball.

What I'm curious about is, is that shot actually easier to do on a real table? What's the time limit on getting it anyway?

e: After some testing the skill shot is kind of hard to do but it awards practically no points and is easy enough with several different options on how to shoot it if all you want is the achieve. Why are people even complaining about this? It's not a high scoring shot or in any way important on the table.

Last edited:

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
What I'm curious about is, is that shot actually easier to do on a real table? What's the time limit on getting it anyway?

e: After some testing the skill shot is kind of hard to do but it awards practically no points and is easy enough with several different options on how to shoot it if all you want is the achieve. Why are people even complaining about this? It's not a high scoring shot or in any way important on the table.

Well...on the table I sometimes play, I can catch the ball and fire it into the target in an aimed shot. As far as points go, I would agree the shot is not worth getting upset about and makes no real difference to a high score. My only gripe (and, I use the term loosely, overall the table is very good; not my favourite by any means, but good!) is only insofar as the shot is not actually about skill, as it is modeled in TPA. Really the shot should be about skill as this is the reality of the actual table. That is the only point I would make here.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Fine then, a popular table.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

What platform do you play on?

On Android, the only issue I've seen/experienced is the tricky Fast Cast shot.

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
Will there be one more 2-pack with Sorcerer in it? I myself liked that one, I remember when I played it IRL at a game room near my high school.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts